Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

User Accessibility

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

User Accessibility

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

97 results found

1. I am Disabled and I struggle to watch anything without subtitles. Streams also size wrong with my computer and I want to chat when watching. That means that I have to use popout mode and even streams that do have captions, I can't access through popout mode.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When change zoom on twitch web page change description buttons locations and this is so bad because usually set buttons in a determinate method so, for example, you have social buttons in the same column. So please or resize description buttons when change zoom, or give us possibility to set combination when buttons appear in 4 columns or 3 columns.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Change the color preference in chat, which shows the username in a single static color to be a color per chat line.
    This means that there will be 4 colorblind and dark theme color friendly colors that appear for each username per chat line.
    User 1 (in purple): blah blah blah
    User 2 (in blue): blah blah blah
    User 1 (in orange): blah blah blah
    User 3 (in white or dark grey: blah blah blah

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Repair the closed captions on rebroadcasts of livestreams. The captions work on the first stream of e.g. Critical Role, but not on the rebroadcasts.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. for people with photosensitive your seizure warning is pointless if streams play automatically on almost every page, a person can't even navigate to it with out taking a risk. Auto play of random streams increases the risk and make navigating the site a minefield, if it could be turned off people would be able to take their safety into their own hand and make choice about what they are able to watch.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Currently, twitch has one Sign Language option for the stream language settings, which is American Sign Language.
    It would be good to see more options here, including a catch-all "Other Sign Language" for the smaller Sign Languages that may not be present in the list.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Captions show up in VODs if they are sent to Twitch through an OBS plugin. However, they do not seem to appear on Twitch clips on Twitter or in the Twitch Clips player.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I, like many other people, enjoy listening to streams before bed and often fall asleep to them. The problem is since Twitch is a streaming app it doesn't auto shut off. This means the stream will keep on running while I sleep. Sometimes I wake up and my phone has been running for eight hours straight because I didn't exit Twitch before sleeping. I think you should add a toggleable auto shut off feature that turns a stream off after 30 minutes. It should be toggleable so people can turn it off. Please add this, it would be a great…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Closed Captioning Uppercase is missing in the Closed Captions Options. When I say uppercase, I mean you should be free to use what font you want and then choose if you want all in uppercase, nor lowercase.

I know "Small Capitals" font is in there but that is not what we want. For example someone set to Dyslexia font then click Uppercase option, and it would show all in uppercase for that font Dyslexia.

In the effects tab, under Style section there should be a icon displaying this; https://i.imgur.com/MB21M68.png

Where people can click on the button if they want to…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. even if streamers have the cc extension it never works on mobile and its a super easy accessibility thing

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hello,

My deaf friend and I have a helpful idea for deaf twitch users. We think deaf users should have a deaf badge to let everyone know that we are deaf. Streamers and viewers will know we are deaf and other people are deaf too. I don’t have to type I’m deaf like 3-5 times. My username looks like normal as everyone else and they will quickly know my ears are actually broken. My username is MadFlyTTV_SiN. I am a deaf streamer and a viewer too. I have had difficult time to reach some streamers who dint know that I…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hi Twitch! Photo-sensitive Twitch enjoyer here. Could we please get an option to disable possible seizure inducing animated emotes? Examples being fast, flashing, rapid color alternating emotes that have become popular recently. I love the addition of animated emotes, but these specifically catch me off guard and could trigger a seizure while I'm chatting, or even live streaming.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Like millions of others i have difficulties spelling. I have dyslexia, and it takes me about 4 mins to type a message this long. now try and participate in a chat room with a 4 minute spelling lag. it's impossible. a spell check would cut that in half or 3/4. for us who struggle if we can get a part of the word right spell check will get us the rest of the way. Please find a way to implement a spell check it would be a massive improvement.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As stated in tittle; and I quote, make it easier to change from America to Australia, unquote.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. So not just people who dont have any disabilities can watch I bet you guys and girls that even people with disabilities want to watch you stream. even deaf people but they dont know what the gamer is saying so why not let them take part in 100% of the stream and not half of it because they dont know what the gamer is thinking. It will get you more customers and I know every company wants more customers.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. To be able to filter channels followed by "Last seen live" in reverse to allow for filtering of possibly inactive channels.

This would help users at the 2,000 followed channels cap easily find who to unfollow to maintain a more active followed channels list.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can we add an ability for users to be able to translate closed captions? I recently added them to my stream to try to help a viewer who doesn't speak English and I could only talk to them through chat, but I was bummed to realize that he can't see them in his language.

I realize that it would cost Twitch money to translate captions through a server, but it also seems like such a basic thing for the user experience. I'm sure there are streamers that I would like, but I can't understand their stream due to the language…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Because I am on Universal Credit, due to health disabilities/ problems, it means, I can't complete the Affiliate forms.
    There SHOULD be updates to Twitch in the future either allowing those unfortunate like me to be able to buy certain features like Uploads, mostly Uploads or gain access to them.
    It just seems really unfair to those who has the same problems as I do.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The way Twitch currently works, it is very hard for an audience member to know if a stream they are entering could contain flashing images or lights. This is especially dangerous to viewers with a sensitivity to light. It could cause physical discomfort, pain, and in extreme cases death. Creators can be nice and warn their audience, however since new viewers can join at any time it is unreasonable to place the burden of constant warnings on a creator. So how do we fix it?
    I propose a new simple feature that can create mass warning and help prevent this…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Right now you are only able to scroll through Twitch-Chat by using your Mouse Scroll Wheel. When you are on a Laptop that uses a Touch Mouse, you scroll by clicking the (too tiny) scroll bar to the right of Chat. When doing this, new Messages will bug your current position lower. So basically the Scroll Wheel is totally useless when using the Drag and Drop Scroll Wheel because new Messages make it impossible to read what you wanna read. I don't understand how this isn't fixed yet.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?