Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

User Accessibility

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

User Accessibility

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

99 results found

1. I think it's no secret that the sitewide UI changes introduced in September of 2019 (And subsequent UI changes) have had an overall negative impact on the user accessibility, level of visual appeal given off, as well as the user & community culture of the Twitch website. In fact some users would argue the changes made to the UI prior to the 2019 change were more adverse of a change.

I don't even feel as though I need to explain this loss of user accessibility... Anybody who has been at all regularly using Twitch from before the UI update of…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hi Twitch! Photo-sensitive Twitch enjoyer here. Could we please get an option to disable possible seizure inducing animated emotes? Examples being fast, flashing, rapid color alternating emotes that have become popular recently. I love the addition of animated emotes, but these specifically catch me off guard and could trigger a seizure while I'm chatting, or even live streaming.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I think it can be hard to hear and understand everything and can see in chat, many users have this problem too.
    So let the single users chose subtitles or not subtitles, just like they also have at YouTube.
    Steamers do not know this problem real and why no one chose subtitles.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. the icon for "stop raids for 1 hour" button is the same as the "raid channel button" and for people who are color blind, you cant tell the difference between what each button does.

please make a new icon for the stop raid button.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I want to be able to serve the Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and CODA communities, and I am not anywhere near fluent in American Sign Language. The process to set up closed captioning looks confusing, and I would be grateful to receive help to include under-served communities.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have a visual disability, and it is ******* my eyes to associate a channel logo to the streamers name.

Prior to the visual update, the channels found on the left side, when collapsed, only shows the logo, but when you mouseover, it expands the channel view and shows all of the streamers name.

How it is now, I either have to expand the channel view, or mouse over each individual streamer to see who it is. Please revert it back to 'expand on mouseover' in collapse mode, rather than 'show info of a single streamer mouse over' in collapse…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I’m speech impaired and a large amount of streaming relies on the streamer communicating with their audience, although typing while gaming is difficult I do think the ability to turn text into speech built in twitch for streamers would allow many streamers like me to produce content other than just gaming, I for one would love to do talk shows with friends about gaming/movies/anime etc but I’m held back because there’s no support for speech impaired streamers on twitch as far as I’m aware.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. As stated in tittle; and I quote, make it easier to change from America to Australia, unquote.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I understand you want to make the platform more accessible for the visually impaired and that's great. I believe the decision to remove accessibility options is moving in the wrong direction. First of all you should add more terms and tags that are inclusive to the visually impaired instead. Secondly the word "Blind" does not ONLY apply to peoples with disabilities. It is basically the only word in the English language that correctly and accurately describes what is going on with the playthrough. The word Blind means - lacking awareness, judgment, or perception. It makes little sense to say you…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The way Twitch currently works, it is very hard for an audience member to know if a stream they are entering could contain flashing images or lights. This is especially dangerous to viewers with a sensitivity to light. It could cause physical discomfort, pain, and in extreme cases death. Creators can be nice and warn their audience, however since new viewers can join at any time it is unreasonable to place the burden of constant warnings on a creator. So how do we fix it?
    I propose a new simple feature that can create mass warning and help prevent this…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Right now you are only able to scroll through Twitch-Chat by using your Mouse Scroll Wheel. When you are on a Laptop that uses a Touch Mouse, you scroll by clicking the (too tiny) scroll bar to the right of Chat. When doing this, new Messages will bug your current position lower. So basically the Scroll Wheel is totally useless when using the Drag and Drop Scroll Wheel because new Messages make it impossible to read what you wanna read. I don't understand how this isn't fixed yet.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When you added the ability to have emotes appear in the text box, instead of the text that makes the emote appear, it broke the "Press Enter after message" option in stream deck buttons that type text wherever the cursor is.

As a (physically disabled) mod who often needs to quickly type the same few commands for bots in another channel's chat, I use several of these stream deck buttons. This change has reduced the speed I can sent these commands by a lot. So, please restore the ability for stream deck buttons to send messages after typing them.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. for people with photosensitive your seizure warning is pointless if streams play automatically on almost every page, a person can't even navigate to it with out taking a risk. Auto play of random streams increases the risk and make navigating the site a minefield, if it could be turned off people would be able to take their safety into their own hand and make choice about what they are able to watch.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be nice to have the option to have a light themed chat while in theatre mode for those of us who use light theme as default. Right now it switches to dark theme whenever theatre mode is enabled while watching a stream.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I like the previously posted idea, but no accessibility features should ever be locked as rewards behind achievements. Folks shouldn’t need to be affiliated or partners to provide captioning to their audiences.

906 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have a option to add a gradient chat name colors for turbo users that's customizable with select colors or custom hex values.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. even if streamers have the cc extension it never works on mobile and its a super easy accessibility thing

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. There have been a number of DJ dance/music channels on the front page recently. They automatically play when loading the page, and often have full screen quickly flashing effects. This triggers my photosensitivity/epilepsy a bit.

I would like a way to opt out of those types of videos from either showing, or auto playing, on the front page.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When you press Control + Space all the UI disappears. Im not sure this is a feature, but it clashes with Control+Command+Space which opens up the Emoji window. Thus, it's impossible to open the emoji window within chat. (MacOS)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. To be able to filter channels followed by "Last seen live" in reverse to allow for filtering of possibly inactive channels.

This would help users at the 2,000 followed channels cap easily find who to unfollow to maintain a more active followed channels list.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?