Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

User Accessibility

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

User Accessibility

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

141 results found

1. So not just people who dont have any disabilities can watch I bet you guys and girls that even people with disabilities want to watch you stream. even deaf people but they dont know what the gamer is saying so why not let them take part in 100% of the stream and not half of it because they dont know what the gamer is thinking. It will get you more customers and I know every company wants more customers.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. To be able to filter channels followed by "Last seen live" in reverse to allow for filtering of possibly inactive channels.

This would help users at the 2,000 followed channels cap easily find who to unfollow to maintain a more active followed channels list.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I, along with many of my viewers, are having a hard time with the new Twitch dark mode, especially in the chat feed box.

The new look for the site is REALLY good. I want to emphasize this. Everything about it looks cleaner, more modern, and is more user friendly, except the dark mode color choices.

The 255 white on jet black background, with the bold-ish white font, is blinding even with monitor brightness turned down a bit. It doesn't do what dark mode needs to, where it dims out the whole screen but keeps things clearly legible. I put…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Can we add an ability for users to be able to translate closed captions? I recently added them to my stream to try to help a viewer who doesn't speak English and I could only talk to them through chat, but I was bummed to realize that he can't see them in his language.

I realize that it would cost Twitch money to translate captions through a server, but it also seems like such a basic thing for the user experience. I'm sure there are streamers that I would like, but I can't understand their stream due to the language…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Because I am on Universal Credit, due to health disabilities/ problems, it means, I can't complete the Affiliate forms.
    There SHOULD be updates to Twitch in the future either allowing those unfortunate like me to be able to buy certain features like Uploads, mostly Uploads or gain access to them.
    It just seems really unfair to those who has the same problems as I do.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The way Twitch currently works, it is very hard for an audience member to know if a stream they are entering could contain flashing images or lights. This is especially dangerous to viewers with a sensitivity to light. It could cause physical discomfort, pain, and in extreme cases death. Creators can be nice and warn their audience, however since new viewers can join at any time it is unreasonable to place the burden of constant warnings on a creator. So how do we fix it?
    I propose a new simple feature that can create mass warning and help prevent this…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Right now you are only able to scroll through Twitch-Chat by using your Mouse Scroll Wheel. When you are on a Laptop that uses a Touch Mouse, you scroll by clicking the (too tiny) scroll bar to the right of Chat. When doing this, new Messages will bug your current position lower. So basically the Scroll Wheel is totally useless when using the Drag and Drop Scroll Wheel because new Messages make it impossible to read what you wanna read. I don't understand how this isn't fixed yet.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Some people enjoy watching streams of games they enjoy/have an interest in purchasing but don't want to follow that specific channel (for whatever reason).
    However, there's a certain little pop-up that covers the bottom portion of the stream, pointing at the follow button, that says "Come here often? Come back to [insert Streamers name here] channel FASTER by hitting that follow button" (with a bunch of hands pointing down at the follow button like we can't see it).

See, some of us just want to watch a stream, chill out and not feel pressured to follow/sub/whatever and I wouldn't have…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I think it's no secret that the sitewide UI changes introduced in September of 2019 (And subsequent UI changes) have had an overall negative impact on the user accessibility, level of visual appeal given off, as well as the user & community culture of the Twitch website. In fact some users would argue the changes made to the UI prior to the 2019 change were more adverse of a change.

I don't even feel as though I need to explain this loss of user accessibility... Anybody who has been at all regularly using Twitch from before the UI update of…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'm experiencing an issue on Android 11 where the volume coming from any and all streams through the Twitch mobile app is distinctly quiet to the point of being inaudible unless I set my phone to max volume. This has caused intense usability and accessibility issues on my Android mobile phone as I have to set my phone to max volume to be able to hear any Twitch channel through speakers and/or headphones which causes intense pain when using any other sound/voice app such as Discord, messaging apps, etc. Is there a way the Twitch mobile app's volume can be…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The current chat font on the iOS app is very small for the legally blind. Please add dynamic text support or the ability to increase the chat font size.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The way Twitch is currently set up, most people with moderate to severe disability(s) are entirely unable to join the community of streamers on equal ground. Forget Partner; just getting to Affiliate is a wall that not all of us have the equipment to climb over.

On top of that, streamers have to choose either putting tags related to their games OR to their identity and community markers; am I putting "autistic" or "CC" or "hard of hearing" or "disabled or "nonbinary" or - or- or - OR.

There's no consideration for this, for the many of us who are…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Mute is a real disability and it's awful to make those people remember that they can't hear anything.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The redesign has changed the default font to Roobert which has made it harder for me to read the text on the website.

Helvetica is considered to be one of the most easily read fonts on a display. Please change the default font back to Helvetica

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have a visual disability, and it is ******* my eyes to associate a channel logo to the streamers name.

Prior to the visual update, the channels found on the left side, when collapsed, only shows the logo, but when you mouseover, it expands the channel view and shows all of the streamers name.

How it is now, I either have to expand the channel view, or mouse over each individual streamer to see who it is. Please revert it back to 'expand on mouseover' in collapse mode, rather than 'show info of a single streamer mouse over' in collapse…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The idea is basically a built-in audio compressor for streams that is toggled on and off. Setting the feature on would limit how loud the stream sound can get in ways that manually changing the volume button couldn't. Some streamers—especially smaller/newer ones—won't have an audio compressor, leading to stream sound blaring at max volume if there is a technical difficulty, too loud in-game mics, or other situations.
    Here's a plausible example, you are watching a streamer's stream at 50% volume, and they are about to play a new game for the first time. The ingame volume settings are set to…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I understand you want to make the platform more accessible for the visually impaired and that's great. I believe the decision to remove accessibility options is moving in the wrong direction. First of all you should add more terms and tags that are inclusive to the visually impaired instead. Secondly the word "Blind" does not ONLY apply to peoples with disabilities. It is basically the only word in the English language that correctly and accurately describes what is going on with the playthrough. The word Blind means - lacking awareness, judgment, or perception. It makes little sense to say you…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Disabled streamers just don't get a fair shot at making it to "Partner". I have physical issues which have obviously created an unfair playing field to make the numbers required. Plenty of concern in here about that. Change this, Twitch. You're better than this.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When you added the ability to have emotes appear in the text box, instead of the text that makes the emote appear, it broke the "Press Enter after message" option in stream deck buttons that type text wherever the cursor is.

As a (physically disabled) mod who often needs to quickly type the same few commands for bots in another channel's chat, I use several of these stream deck buttons. This change has reduced the speed I can sent these commands by a lot. So, please restore the ability for stream deck buttons to send messages after typing them.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sometimes a streamer announces a specific time when they will go online and do something special (an event, an announcement, etc.). It would be cool if I could get a small sound alert when that streamer goes online so I can in the meantime play some game or do other stuff while waiting and don't have to watch the clock all the time.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?