Pronouns show next to the username
I wish Twitch had a feature which let you set your pronouns to appear in chat.
People who have set their pronouns will have them appear next to their name in chat.
The chatter sets their pronouns in the badge-set up.
Big question is implementation.
- hovering over username will show it?
- or another line below or next to the username to say it?
- or are the gender specific signs enough?
The originator of that idea already made a quick version of the version that would show pronouns next to the chatter's username
Summary after getting feedback:
- option in the user settings (for badges/ username colour)
- pronouns showing up next to the username in chat in parentheses
- pronouns have to be localised, just as Twitch's layout. Meaning: depending on your location/language settings, it shows the user's pronouns in your language, even if the streamer you watch and your fellow chatter are from somewhere else. (maybe default to English settings if the pronouns aren't yet available in said location)
I love it! I think the parentheses version is the easiest as well.
I really like the parentheses version of it. Pronouns next to the chatters name.
IchBins_SN (he/him): Morning. o/
i love this idea!! i started a streaming channel that's specifically welcoming to marginalized groups (and allies!) and being able to have people display their pronouns would make it even more welcoming, i think. c: