Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

User Accessibility

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

User Accessibility

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

145 results found

1. Can we expect font size, color contrast, bigger emote options and other disability accessibility features for the Twitch UI (especially on mobile) soon?

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Mute is a real disability and it's awful to make those people remember that they can't hear anything.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Neurological disease, Lou Gehrig's disease, Dystonia, Neuromyotonic. These are just a few issues people suffer from that are characterized by mild to severe muscle spasms, or "twitching." The community feels that the website name is a mischaracterization of a very common issue afflicting thousands of people who use the site. The name is ableist, offensive and disheartens many potential viewers and streamers.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Captions show up in VODs if they are sent to Twitch through an OBS plugin. However, they do not seem to appear on Twitch clips on Twitter or in the Twitch Clips player.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Like millions of others i have difficulties spelling. I have dyslexia, and it takes me about 4 mins to type a message this long. now try and participate in a chat room with a 4 minute spelling lag. it's impossible. a spell check would cut that in half or 3/4. for us who struggle if we can get a part of the word right spell check will get us the rest of the way. Please find a way to implement a spell check it would be a massive improvement.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I know alot of my diffculties with games or on here is not beign able to find things to make my experience enjoyible. It took me 5 days to figure out how to unsubscribe, or even find a chat bot, high contrast fonts, or the ability to text to read or a warning whomever engages with me, knows Im blind, because no one ever reads the profiles. to understand Im not going to behave or interact with them the same way as sighted streamers

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Because I am on Universal Credit, due to health disabilities/ problems, it means, I can't complete the Affiliate forms.
    There SHOULD be updates to Twitch in the future either allowing those unfortunate like me to be able to buy certain features like Uploads, mostly Uploads or gain access to them.
    It just seems really unfair to those who has the same problems as I do.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Problem:
    - Search for "declare yourself autistic twitch tv" and no expected results will come.

• The BIG issue:
      • TWTV has grown up and its too huge, there is not enough ppl on the earth that can track down what is being said, who is about to commit a crime, who is about to harass someone. That's why we should focus on the "system" itself. I am first focusing on the ppl with autism, the most sensible people, the others should be next.

Major characteristics for people at the classic side of the autism spectrum that can manifest on TWTV:
    -…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I'm experiencing an issue on Android 11 where the volume coming from any and all streams through the Twitch mobile app is distinctly quiet to the point of being inaudible unless I set my phone to max volume. This has caused intense usability and accessibility issues on my Android mobile phone as I have to set my phone to max volume to be able to hear any Twitch channel through speakers and/or headphones which causes intense pain when using any other sound/voice app such as Discord, messaging apps, etc. Is there a way the Twitch mobile app's volume can be…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Currently, twitch has one Sign Language option for the stream language settings, which is American Sign Language.
    It would be good to see more options here, including a catch-all "Other Sign Language" for the smaller Sign Languages that may not be present in the list.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Blind users of the sight use a number of programs to help them however going and clicking buttons can be awkward with those programs a chat command that they could run to follow someone would be great, even better if they could do it from a different channel and follow with a @ when someone is shoutouted out.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I need you to understand something, Twitch. I am autistic. I have visual and audio hypersensitivity issues. When I go to look at VODs while the livestream is going, the livestream plays behind the VOD thumbnails. It defaults to playing with audio on. There does not even appear to be the basic option of a pause button. The only way to pause is to click the stream which brings it do the front, then pause, then hit the back button to get back to where you were.

I cannot stress enough how completely and utterly terrible this design is. I…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I, like many other people, enjoy listening to streams before bed and often fall asleep to them. The problem is since Twitch is a streaming app it doesn't auto shut off. This means the stream will keep on running while I sleep. Sometimes I wake up and my phone has been running for eight hours straight because I didn't exit Twitch before sleeping. I think you should add a toggleable auto shut off feature that turns a stream off after 30 minutes. It should be toggleable so people can turn it off. Please add this, it would be a great…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The search form (and a few other forms) aren't screen reader friendly because they list the form title within the form which disappears as you start typing, stopping you from hearing the form title after entering text.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I am Disabled and I struggle to watch anything without subtitles. Streams also size wrong with my computer and I want to chat when watching. That means that I have to use popout mode and even streams that do have captions, I can't access through popout mode.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There have been a number of DJ dance/music channels on the front page recently. They automatically play when loading the page, and often have full screen quickly flashing effects. This triggers my photosensitivity/epilepsy a bit.

I would like a way to opt out of those types of videos from either showing, or auto playing, on the front page.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Closed Captioning Uppercase is missing in the Closed Captions Options. When I say uppercase, I mean you should be free to use what font you want and then choose if you want all in uppercase, nor lowercase.

I know "Small Capitals" font is in there but that is not what we want. For example someone set to Dyslexia font then click Uppercase option, and it would show all in uppercase for that font Dyslexia.

In the effects tab, under Style section there should be a icon displaying this; https://i.imgur.com/MB21M68.png

Where people can click on the button if they want to…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently there is only 3 text alignment where you can only select "Left, Center, or Right" so whenever you select neither of them, the captions does not line up neatly to the same width of the box.

We should have another option called Justify where it would line up all the text nicely which is more tidy, what justify looks like can be seen here - https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/playit.asp?filename=playcss_text-align&preval=justify

Also, I'm surprised that dyslexia font is not included in the font section. Please add dyslexia font, it will be beneficial for those people as well.

What do you guys think? I would…

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The current chat font on the iOS app is very small for the legally blind. Please add dynamic text support or the ability to increase the chat font size.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?