Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

User Accessibility

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

User Accessibility

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

142 results found

1. I am Disabled and I struggle to watch anything without subtitles. Streams also size wrong with my computer and I want to chat when watching. That means that I have to use popout mode and even streams that do have captions, I can't access through popout mode.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The editable portion of the chat box contains not just the edit area but a bits button and an emote button. Typing on mobile can be tough and often I want to edit my message before posting to fix typos. After making edits in the middle of the message I often want to go to the end of the message and fix the last word or add something to the message.

The problem? It's very difficult, even if using a stylus, to get the edit caret to the end of the text because the bits button is there.

Since mobile…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I, like many other people, enjoy listening to streams before bed and often fall asleep to them. The problem is since Twitch is a streaming app it doesn't auto shut off. This means the stream will keep on running while I sleep. Sometimes I wake up and my phone has been running for eight hours straight because I didn't exit Twitch before sleeping. I think you should add a toggleable auto shut off feature that turns a stream off after 30 minutes. It should be toggleable so people can turn it off. Please add this, it would be a great…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Loud sounds with streamer store is hurting my, and probaly, others hearing
    Beeing someone who watchs streams all day long while using PC, I need to report that some streamers are using the Stream Store in chat to sell audios and sounds with external app linked to the chat store.
    I liked the Idea, but now I can watch some streams with this feature, because they are using rocket, fireworks and some loud sounds, this is hurting my hearing, so I NEED to close the stream I was watching and search for another one. I dont want to remove store…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I guess a suggestion that I have is being I'm new to this and disabled there wasn't more help in understanding how to get going and getting it up and running

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Like millions of others i have difficulties spelling. I have dyslexia, and it takes me about 4 mins to type a message this long. now try and participate in a chat room with a 4 minute spelling lag. it's impossible. a spell check would cut that in half or 3/4. for us who struggle if we can get a part of the word right spell check will get us the rest of the way. Please find a way to implement a spell check it would be a massive improvement.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have my browser make text and zoom in onto the websites I view to allow for easier navigation. With my settings, I find that with both side panels decide to break and text overlays on top in the about section of a streamers page. You can start the side panels collapsed so that visually impaired persons can navigate the website better

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Having light mode as the default theme can be quite bright and loud upon first entering the site. Dark mode is much easier on the eyes, and much easier to read.

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Providing plain text emails is an important aspect of user accessibility. They're easier to look at and less error-prone to assistive technologies.
    It also plays a role in respecting user privacy.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Because I am on Universal Credit, due to health disabilities/ problems, it means, I can't complete the Affiliate forms.
    There SHOULD be updates to Twitch in the future either allowing those unfortunate like me to be able to buy certain features like Uploads, mostly Uploads or gain access to them.
    It just seems really unfair to those who has the same problems as I do.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There have been many times where a streamer has had some sort of emergency while live streaming. The viewers are left confused, panicked, and have no way to help. Situations such as seizures, embolisms/DVT, stroke (which is a real threat for people sitting down all day), and even non-medical emergencies such as someone breaking into their house.

As an epileptic myself, having a seizure on stream is one of my biggest fears. I am not always home with someone else. If I had a medical emergency while streamer, there would be nothing anyone could do or at least not very…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Mute is a real disability and it's awful to make those people remember that they can't hear anything.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'm experiencing an issue on Android 11 where the volume coming from any and all streams through the Twitch mobile app is distinctly quiet to the point of being inaudible unless I set my phone to max volume. This has caused intense usability and accessibility issues on my Android mobile phone as I have to set my phone to max volume to be able to hear any Twitch channel through speakers and/or headphones which causes intense pain when using any other sound/voice app such as Discord, messaging apps, etc. Is there a way the Twitch mobile app's volume can be…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change the color preference in chat, which shows the username in a single static color to be a color per chat line.
    This means that there will be 4 colorblind and dark theme color friendly colors that appear for each username per chat line.
    User 1 (in purple): blah blah blah
    User 2 (in blue): blah blah blah
    User 1 (in orange): blah blah blah
    User 3 (in white or dark grey: blah blah blah

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The new font is difficult to read. In the past, I've used a browser extension to change the font but it doesn't work with the new layout. Please give us dyslexic users the option to switch the font to OpenDyslexic or another dyslexia friendly font. This is both an aesthetic and accessibility feature.

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Problem:
    - Search for "declare yourself autistic twitch tv" and no expected results will come.

• The BIG issue:
      • TWTV has grown up and its too huge, there is not enough ppl on the earth that can track down what is being said, who is about to commit a crime, who is about to harass someone. That's why we should focus on the "system" itself. I am first focusing on the ppl with autism, the most sensible people, the others should be next.

Major characteristics for people at the classic side of the autism spectrum that can manifest on TWTV:
    -…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Closed Captioning Uppercase is missing in the Closed Captions Options. When I say uppercase, I mean you should be free to use what font you want and then choose if you want all in uppercase, nor lowercase.

I know "Small Capitals" font is in there but that is not what we want. For example someone set to Dyslexia font then click Uppercase option, and it would show all in uppercase for that font Dyslexia.

In the effects tab, under Style section there should be a icon displaying this; https://i.imgur.com/MB21M68.png

Where people can click on the button if they want to…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Un metodo para que la gente sorda pueda enterarse de lo que pasa en los streams mejor, sería poner subtitulos o algun método parecido así ayudaría a la gente con esa discapacidad

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The mute button is discriminatory against people who can't speak. There are more than 1 million people who are mute. Calling the button as that term not only reduces their suffering to a button of convenience but also equates them to being worth nothing. Please change the name to '0 volume' or 'no volume'.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?