Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creator Dashboard

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creator Dashboard

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

120 results found

1. your viewcount glitches out on even numbers. it tends to go to the next lowest odd number alot. i will viewers come in and suddenly i'll go from say 7 up to 9. if someone leaves i'll go down to 7 or glitch out even lower for a couple minutes. some times.

someone joins chat and the number drops for a couple minutes before rubberbanding up to where it should be some times. i'll be at 6 someone will jin and suddenly drop to 5 before going to 7 a minute or so later.

i will start stream saying 6+…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Right now the analytics page just shows revenue gained from ads. This doesn't paint the entire picture and it's leading streamers to think that bias is occurring in their ad offers. This can be fixed by displaying ad impressions, declined impressions, fill rate, ad pool size for our category, and CPM on the analytics page. Descriptions for each should also be included to explain these mechanics.

We're offered 55% of ad revenue but have no way to determine what that number is or how it is calculated. This leads to distrust in Twitch and the ads system. Giving streamers a…

2,048 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  61 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Recommended categories

I want you to be able to find out the viewer-to-streamer ratio of the games you want to play.

In other words, I would like you to add a search function.

Currently, only the most popular ones are displayed.

I want to easily find out how popular the game I want to distribute is, and what the ratio of the number of viewers to the number of distributors is.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Catagory suggestions get their stats ridiculously bolstered by Streamers who play the game who have 5000+ viewers.

I think the precise stats should still be displayed but other stats should also be displayed with the popular streamers cut out for a more accurate idea what the average percentages would be for the average every day streamer.

Removing streamers who have a huge majority of the over all viewers for a specific game can give much more precise stats because the guy with 5000 viewers is a one off type streamer. I'm not going to get 100 viewers just because that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Some streamers have poor volume control and continue to broadcast at a low volume.
    We would like you to analyze the volume level for them, provide them with analytical information on how quiet their broadcasts are compared to others, and suggest adjustments. This could be done after the broadcast, but could also be done in real time.

It is normal for listeners to adjust the volume on their own, but they have trouble hearing extremely low volume even when the twitch volume is set to 100.
    I do not want to increase the volume on my PC because the volume…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I love the fact that we can personalize/have our own custom tags now, but one thing we don't have access to is information about which tags are users actually searching? That would be a really nice research tool. Experimenting with tags on our own is good as well, but when the analytics page only shows us our top 5 tags over a period of time (when we can have 10 per stream and much more over a month) it's not the easiest to see what works and what doesn't. Being able to deep dive tags I think would help a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We currently have the ability to see what our average viewers eligible for Partner (concurrent viewers not including hosts, raiders and embedded views) on a rolling 30 day average via the Path to Partner achievement. However, there currently is no way to see this number on a per stream basis.

What would be valuable would be a breakdown of viewers based on source (views, hosts, raiders, embeds), similar to what we can see with Revenue

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The Direct/Other category makes up 90% of how viewers are discovering me on Twitch. There is no clear definition on what this is and how I can capitalize. More descriptive details on if its a link click from a social media post, from another app, was my stream shared etc...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I work with streamers on analytical side of things. And it appears affiliates/partners do not have sub retention analytics. What I need is sub stats broken down in percentages, which currently I was provided information it breaks down some sub data but in dollar amount. Here's what I need in the following...

• Organic sub
    • Gifted sub to be converted to re-occurring sub by "giftee"
    • Gifted subs to not convert to re-occurring
    • Unsub
    • Subs hitting anniversary, 6 month, 12 month, etc
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Right now after every stream, Twitch is showing you recommended games that could stream well for you. I really like this, but I would like to see it more in depth. Currently, at the end of a stream Twitch says game name Average Viewers|Channel: 11, Average channels: 549, Estimated Pos. on Browse Page 10"

I would like to see something similar to this, but on a personal level, related only to my stream. So, then I can compare the games that I play to each other and make a decision to either continue playing a game or drop it and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hi everyone!

We're excited to announce the Category Suggestions panel on your Overview page is now available to all streamers (this feature is not available to Partners at this time). This panel shows you categories with the most favorable viewer:channel ratios that may help increase your chances of being discovered. These categories are ranked by factors such as average hours viewed versus average hours broadcasted in the past 7 days, and exclude outliers like large partnered channels.

For more information, please check out https://link.twitch.tv/ChannelAnalyticsOverview#category.
    Your feedback is valuable to us, so please let us know if there's anything else…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'd love to see average watch times for different type of viewers.

• For unique viewers
    • For non followers
    • For followers
    • For subs
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The new category suggestions are difficult to read or unreadable. We are given 2 numbers XX:YY with no indication of what those numbers represent. The 2nd number appears to always be a 1 and the first number varies. But when trying to make a decision, is a low first number good, for example, 1:1, or are we looking for a high first number good, for example, 100:1?

At the end of the block is a link to get "more information", but its false. The link just takes you to a general information page for the entire Analytics page, which has…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have noticed for a while that when I review the average amount of viewers on my streams, the one place it matters gets it wrong over and over again.

My average viewers on Overview will always have a lower number than my Stream Summary. Where are my Summary will list a higher number. Given that they're reviewing the same statistics its very confusing and disheartening to see numbers being lowered again and again.

It makes me question which one is the Correct calculation. As well as if it affecting my ability to reach Partner.

Examples: Last stream Overview said…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We're experimenting with a new way for streamers to gauge how certain tags aid them in audience discovery and growth. Tag impressions are a new metric that signify how many viewers saw your live channel when 1) they clicked on a particular tag to filter their channel results in Browse or 2) they saw your channel featured in a Twitch search result related to a specific tag. Streamers can use this data to help them understand which tags to use when they go live, which ones potentially increase their discovery for a broader audience, and how to test out mixing…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We are testing a new chart on your Discovery page in the new Analytics navigation called "Views from Outside Twitch" (Analytics>Viewers) where you can visualize and learn which outside sources your viewers came to your stream from. This chart allows a streamer to see, at a glance, how viewer trends from external sources change over time. You can also toggle off and on the sources in the legend at the bottom of the graph to get a better view of the sources you want.

This chart will give you better insight into which sources are most successful for your channel…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I think it would be very helpful for all streamers to be able to see what their past category and stream titles were in the channel analytics. So when we check the analytics and notice certain spikes and trends from the past, we will know what we were doing over the course of time that made that happen.

More specifically, seeing that info when hovering over the bars on the graph would be great.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I'm sure there is a technical reason why this is happening but using the new ad scheduler and revenue share results in a very long delay in proper ad stats showing up. Usually 3 to 5 days before ad revenue is shown at all. To test I turned off the scheduler and ran normal ads and that showed up in analytics as soon as I was done streaming.

It's not a major issue but it is a little annoying to have an almost week long lag in seeing any numbers at all. It makes me feel like the feature isn't…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It should save your progress from the last time you checked your analytics. Hundreds of times, I've manually set the start date to October 5th, 2020. There should be an option for people who don't wanna see the past 30 days analytics by default. The only options are the past 7 days, and the past 30 days. There should be a third option called: "custom", and you choose a specific date, and there's a 'save' button, so that every time you check your analytics, it automatically shows the specific start date you chose.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We've updated the Analytics layout to make the data streamers need easier to find with intuitive pages that are designed to answer the questions streamers have when visiting analytics pages. With this design update, we'll also begin rolling out new and improved data with education to help you put your analytics to action.

Read more about what we're working on building in analytics here https://twitch.app.link/A9Y1X5rKPub and share your new ideas and feedback with us below!

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?