Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creator Dashboard

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creator Dashboard

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

92 results found

1. Let's face it: Twitch roles are totally broken. So getting straight to the point, here are how i think roles should be, and what roles we need. Starting with existing roles:

-VIP-
    Nothing really needs change.

-Artist-
    Can change emotes. Nothing crazy lol.

-Editors-
    They are WAAAAY too overpowered, i think they should merge with other roles, they can literally change your entire stream info, play ads, it's ridiculous, but i think they should also have their own role, they can still change the title / category etc. but they can't do the any of the advanced stuff (ads, no…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Roles  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Editors should be able to upload emotes, badges & edit "about me" section...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Roles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. seria util que los editores pudieran poner y quitar vips y mods, para que los streamers tengan un poco mas de actividad con sus editores, y con el chat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I had an idea that since you can customize your channel in so many ways; emotes, rename channel points etc. It would be a nice touch to be able to "rename" what your moderators are called. Would give a bigger sense of personalizing your channel into what you want it to be and could be a fun thing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Having something along the lines of https://www.twitchdatabase.com/roles integrated within either our account settings or another type of search functionality to see where we have certain roles assigned to us. A notification would be nice as well via e-mail or notifications ping on the site.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hey Twitch Community and Twitch Team,

i edit videos for some streamers. There the problem often arises that you cannot easily make the stream highlights available for download because the maximum upload size via e-mail, Discord etc. is sometimes not nearly sufficient. Another problem with some cloud services is that larger uploads can only be made after completing a subscription. This means it often quickly complicates the video's by editing the streamer's videos difficult.
    Also, some streamers have the problem of a person who only admits the role of editor to edit videos, because they have a lot of rights.…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be great if the editor's dashboard had the "lock-layout" feature just like the mod view has. Currently, there is no way to block the layout after you set every panel in the correct place, it is a little bit annoying because from time to time you move the tiles by accident which destroys the entire look of the layout and its clarity.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Role Manger Last Modified column should be in ISO 8601 Datetime, and not as a text. It is impossible to know when exactly an VIP was given for somebody in case, I give VIPs for a certain time to somebody (like for 15 Months).

Actual:

Under 1 Month it is days, what kind of ok is: 21 days
    Over 1 Month but below 1 year it is like 7 months ago. What is not the best because it could be 1th of december or 31th of december.
    Over 1 year: last year - what is the worst to tell when…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A limited moderator role could be used to, for example, provide temporary access to trusted members of the community, for a given game/topic, to perform simple/limited tasks such as flagging messages as spoilers/backseating.

There may be other uses for a limited moderation role, but this is the primary one I can think of.

I have seen some similar ideas in regard to this type of content; however, I am seeing none that I feel realistically address the problem of chatters who are unable or unwilling to self-moderate.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I was very surprised to find out that the only way a broadcaster can add or remove someone as an editor is via the dashboard.

I would like to see a chat command for broadcasters in future called /editor [username], so it can act as an add/remove feature, just like /mod [username] as an example.

I feel this can be potentially handy and important for streamers who may be limited on devices and cannot access the dashboard as easily, such as console exclusive streamers (a relative of mine is in this boat as I am currently making this suggestion) but…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I want to be able to mod some people because they are in my stream alot and therefore are most suitable for modding in order to quickly timeout/ban trolls. However, sometimes they don't realise when they say problematic things. But I have a few mods already who know this difference and could delete their comments if there were a main mod role and a minimod role with the only difference being that the main mods have the power to mod the minimods.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Roles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. As the description says, create a new role, similar to the Editor one, with the permission to access the "Insights" tab on the creator dashboard.

This is something that many social media companies have implemented in order to facilitate the access to channel analytics in business cases (such has streamers who have a agency or something representing them).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Twitch needs to make sure my Moderators can edit my Channel points.
    - Change name if necessary
    - Change icon if necessary.
    - Add/remove new Idea channel points.
    - Twitch can make 2 types of moderators option just like streamheroes.
    - 1 Normal moderator can edit everything.
    - Super moderator can delete commands idea or add
    - Moderators 1 and 2 cannot delete accounts, no insight into financial income.
    This saves a streamer a lot of time as He / She , a lot of work. when one is live. We have stream moderators suffering during a live stream.
    Why…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add an admin role to streamers that can add vip / mod. I myself am against quite a few places and there are several who ask me to add others to vip or mod. Therefore, it will be a gigantic help that it could be made so that an admin can give vip / mod to the people

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The Ability for Moderators or Editors to change and edit the Chat Rules. This would be useful so that the rules can be updated on the fly rather than interrupting the streamer to make the change for you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As an editor, I want a tool to mute audio portions on VODs & still let them expire over time.
    It would be fantastic if I could go back to VODs and mute small portions for privacy if someone slips on a real name or too specific personal information or someone on their voice chat says something inappropriate that violates the rules.
    I don't want to highlight the entire video all around it in different portions to save it & lose visual content.
    It's an epic pain to have to download the entire VOD, mute it in my own software,…

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. With the mass amount of clips that most streamers tend to have, it'd be nice if there was a feature for Twitch streamers to archive their clips to organize. Say, based on varied games, moments, specific things being able to be categorized to find clips easier for future viewing. This might help tidy up the clip archive and also help a streamer promote specific clips for their stream use/promoting various things.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. As an editor you can go on a past broadcast's page and delete it directly with the options menu, i would like for it to be the same with clips.
    You could even add a specific button to do that exactly how we can download Clips directly right now.

It would be useful when a viewer shares a link to a clip that we want to delete but have no way of finding it in the clip manager with the link.

Screenshots : https://imgur.com/a/to7XESV

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Roles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. TL: DR

Instead of giving someone "editor" or "mod" as a role. Let us give custom permissions to users. (optionally)

Long story.

As someone who has been working on many services/servers like domain servers and game servers like Minecraft Where permission is always a big thing for "users". I would love to see the same here.

Being able to optionally give custom permission instead of roles or rather to expand on the current roles would be great! As there are only 2 roles currently.

:(

For example, I do don’t mind if mods can change the title. However, the permission…

178 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Roles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hello dear community,

I also have a suggestion for role management:
    Currently, as a broadcaster, you assign the moderator or even the editor. Unfortunately, with these roles, people "only" get a fixed way of managing or supporting the channel. It would be very nice if the broadcaster could add freely selectable functions to the editor. For example, using checkboxes.
    In my opinion, the editor should also be able to timeout moderators in the chat or delete messages. However, the mod should not lose its moderator status after the timeout.
    Adding or removing moderators should be left to the broadcaster.
    Exact…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?