Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creator Dashboard

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creator Dashboard

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

120 results found

1. Right now after every stream, Twitch is showing you recommended games that could stream well for you. I really like this, but I would like to see it more in depth. Currently, at the end of a stream Twitch says game name Average Viewers|Channel: 11, Average channels: 549, Estimated Pos. on Browse Page 10"

I would like to see something similar to this, but on a personal level, related only to my stream. So, then I can compare the games that I play to each other and make a decision to either continue playing a game or drop it and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The new category suggestions are difficult to read or unreadable. We are given 2 numbers XX:YY with no indication of what those numbers represent. The 2nd number appears to always be a 1 and the first number varies. But when trying to make a decision, is a low first number good, for example, 1:1, or are we looking for a high first number good, for example, 100:1?

At the end of the block is a link to get "more information", but its false. The link just takes you to a general information page for the entire Analytics page, which has…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I work for an agency that manages multiple streamers here on Twitch. Part of my job is to review their performance and deal a lot with channel and user analytics. It would be a great help to allow the existing Editor role, or to create a new role dealing with Analytics to access them on channels at the request of streamers.

Other websites like Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube all allow this already.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have noticed for a while that when I review the average amount of viewers on my streams, the one place it matters gets it wrong over and over again.

My average viewers on Overview will always have a lower number than my Stream Summary. Where are my Summary will list a higher number. Given that they're reviewing the same statistics its very confusing and disheartening to see numbers being lowered again and again.

It makes me question which one is the Correct calculation. As well as if it affecting my ability to reach Partner.

Examples: Last stream Overview said…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. several people I speak to during streams are having the same issue, we have 5+viewers but only showing as 1 or 2 making it harder to hit affiliate average of 3, this should either be fixed or taken out of the affiliate system, help smaller streamers to create a small fan base. we stream everyday putting the hours up but the view count down as the stats are incorrect making it impossible to hit what's asked on average.

725 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

150 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It should save your progress from the last time you checked your analytics. Hundreds of times, I've manually set the start date to October 5th, 2020. There should be an option for people who don't wanna see the past 30 days analytics by default. The only options are the past 7 days, and the past 30 days. There should be a third option called: "custom", and you choose a specific date, and there's a 'save' button, so that every time you check your analytics, it automatically shows the specific start date you chose.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Be able to actually have the follower account actually not ripping people off and match with twich account

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'd love to be able to see more information on which tags are used and when. For example, am I getting more clicks on "woman" in Outdoor IRL, just chatting, etc? We only see the top 5 but I'd like to be able to see what the top 10 are. This would be super helpful to A/B test.

Plus seeing how those tags perform over time would be incredible. Same with channel overlap and analytics in general. Historical and cyclical performance is helpful particularly year over year.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Analytics can be really useful to improve yourself as a streamer.
    So it is good that Twitch offers streamers the Channel Analytics.
    But what's missing is the information about how to evaluate the data?
    I mean like it would be very helpful to know the correlations and causalities of the data categories.
    You have all the data it needs to research this and maybe you already did, so please publish such information somewhere content creators have access to.
    Especially small streamers don't get that many data so that they could research it on their own.
    If there are correlations and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Twitch's metrics haven't progressed greatly and are sorely lacking updates.

The following should be available as a gold standard:

• Live Views (*currently available)
    • VOD views of archives (doesn't seem to exist in data export; or is rolled up into somewhere? What happens when the VOD archive gets deleted?)
    • VOD Views of created clips (*currently available)
    • Average View Duration (avg. mins watched per unique viewer)
    • Data Export of Views by Platforms (Views by Web, Console, iOS, etc.)

Nice-to-Haves:

• Followers Gained / Followers Lost
    • Live Views by Non-Followers
    • Live Views by Followers (and possibly even Subscribers)
    • Impressions (Auto-Play directory, Auto-Play frontpage where…
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. My stream duration for my last stream is way off, it says 50m but the VOD is 1h42. There should be a way to contest it, the VOD itself is proof that I streamed longer than 50m...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Twitch has removed "Live Views" because it was inaccurate. It was effectively website page views, without mobile, TV apps, etc. https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/stream-manager?language=en_US#stats

It likely should not have been an estimate of "live views" for so long. So, it's good it's being removed.

However, there's no commentary or explanation on why we do not have intelligent video view metrics in its place. Video views tracking (normally a tracker placed into a video after potential ads) has been around for over a decade. And there have been tons of advancements.

We should have a minimum, intelligent video view stat to understand how many…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I'm just curious if you could offer any information about why the dashboard stats seem to lag behind what I see on my main page as well as what i recal from each stream regarding engagment, ie, follower count, average viewers per hour, etc., as they are consistently about three days behind. I could imagine there is a back-end reason for this but I was just inquiring to see if you could offer some info to help me understand why this is the case. Thank you for your time.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Essentially it'd be just like stream analytics however it would be the analytics of the VOD after stream, to allow for more insight on when people are watching and stuff like that. I had a stream recently that had 20 or 40 people total, but within 12 hours I had 60+ views on the VOD.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to have the possibility to compare the stats of one stream with another and not just with the last stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be useful to be able to see how many times users have viewed the schedule page of your channel on the channel analytics. This would allow streamers to assess the relative value of keeping an up to date streaming schudule for their particular audience.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. ... because it's listed NOWHERE. I see the revenue I make from Prime, but there is no number showing how many people sub with Prime! Please add that.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A while back the main graph on Channel Analytics changed to show statistics based on the day instead of the stream. This means that if you stream past midnight, you get two bars, one for the statistics before midnight, the other for the statistics after midnight.

Statistics on Twitch are almost only relevant per stream, not day, and this change has made it a much less helpful representation.

Please change this back!

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I want the analytics to include things like what the live notification was, what the stream title and category were, and I want to be able to check analytics from every stream I ever do no matter how long ago it was.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make the analytics more accurate, they are all over the place. It now says I only get 0.90cents for one prime sub. And most often the gifted sub calculated revenue's are way lower than 50% as an affiliate. This gives a crooked view of your summary and analytics. They are not trustworthy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?