Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Localization

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Localization

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

115 results found

1. The Czech Republic and Slovakia have more and more new creators, but not only the small ones but also the big ones who have thousands of people on their live broadcasts and would need faster support in their native language.

Excuse me, but twitch support is often extremely slow and it is unacceptable for streamers of this size to wait for comments for a few days. Therefore, it would be good to introduce Support for CZ / SK as Poland has, for example, but with the difference that a live support chat could only be implemented for twitch partners.

I…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Twitch please add Azerbaijani language as an option to stream. There are around 40 million Azerbaijanis in the world. Quite often I find my compatriots watching streams of worldwide famous streamers or Turkish streamers. All of my compatriots choose Turkish language as a streaming language for their broadcast, which makes it harder for an Azerbaijani viewers to find their local content creators . Thanks !

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hello there,

As streamer I made several times streams in Valencià, one of the languages from Spain. I would like to request a new feature letting us be allowed to use it as an official language in the platform.

There are tons of people that use this language each day and it's the main language in most of the cities or towns from the Valencian Community.

Please, consider this idea as this would be awesome to give us visibility and have a stronger market of the platform for Valencian people.

Best regards,

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hello,
    we are finishing our 6th season of our gaming talk show with over 200 oofficial streams and more than 2000 personal streams on the channel /ggtvmk

It will be very motivational and would appreciate if you can add Macedonian language as Stream language option.

There are couple more Macedonian streamers that help the growth of Twitch community here in Macedonia.

Thanks for everything you do for the scene.

Cheers,
    GGorast

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to see more supported languages for Twitch display page especially from Eastern Europe languages like Bosnian,Croatian,Serbian,etc.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Many languages don't appear in "Stream Language" options, meaning that viewers don't have the ability to filter and find streams in those languages, which is especially important for minority languages like Cornish (Kernewek).

Minority languages ​​must be supported on Twitch alongside bigger language as the support is more important to them. Please add Cornish/Kernewek, the language of Cornwall/Kernow, as an option in "Stream Language".

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I believe that the decision to add Ukrainian localisation would be more than right, as Ukrainian is the eighth most widely spoken language in Europe, and this summer the popular Ukrainian streamer Leb1ga reached a record 34878 views, which is a definite sign of the relevance and usefulness of adding Ukrainian localisation to Twitch. May the Ukrainian Twitch community flourish!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hello.
    I have a question.
    Why, when I open any category of popular games, the first thing they offer me is the channels of Russian streamers or streamers whose broadcast language is Russian.
    I'm from Ukraine and sometimes I stim in my native language. If there are no Ukrainian channels in this category, can I show all channels and not show Russian channels first? Or will add Ukranian language categoty.
    Thank you.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In very recent news, Twitch has not been complying with the overly strict requirements of censorship required by the site to run in Russia.

Twitch has been fined now multiple times. Twitch within a month.
    It is easy for us all to see that you will not bend the knee and start censoring the streamers on your platform. However, it's also easy to see this situation won't end anytime soon.

I think it's wrong to blanket ban Russian streamer and delete their content. Obviously. We have to preserve that history for once the war ends.

However, the site being allowed…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Malayalam is the language used by people of Kerala, a southern state of the country India. Malayalam is the official language of Kerala, which is a state with 3.46 crores population (as of 2018).

Many streamers from Kerala are now a part of Twitch.tv streaming community. Viewers from Kerala have also started increasing day by day. But, it is so hard for a new twitch.tv user to find Malayalam talking streamers.
    It will be good for us Malayalis, aka Keralites, if Twitch adds Malayalam as a language.

Thank you team for your continued support. Hope this suggestion will be considered.…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There are no bangali language so shame.By the way why Twitch didn't add Bangali language???
    please add bangali language..

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Need this option
    Realy good idea

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I've spoken to latvian streamers who have been told people struggle to find the channels that speak their language.

This is an accessibility issue for those who have to spend the time scrolling through the 'other' languages in an attempt to watch streams in their languages.

Simply adding more language categories would solve this issue. Twitch could ask their creators which languages they would like adding and I'm sure it would help many streamers and viewers alike.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please just add more language categories. It is not hard to type out a few more words to make a world of difference to Twitch users around the world.

So many promising streamers are locked under "Language: Other", which doesn't let them get the recognition that they deserve and would receive in their own language community.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Afrikaans as a language on twitch

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. However in my region (still Sweden) I am not able to gamble with channel points. I can only bet on whoever wins with 0 channel points.

Bad translation, trash translation, pretty silly translation

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I am so surprised with the discrimination against Tamil speaking people around the globe.
    Canada, Malaysia and Singapore has recognised Tamil as one of their country's official languages.
    however, its ridiculous to see 'Twitch' hasn't adopted/ignorant/discriminative towards one of the oldest languages in the world (older than Hindi, Urdu, Hebrew, German, French English, Anglo-Saxon etc)
    Pls update your settings for twitch streamer to allow adding the Tags : Tamil
    Thank you!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. new to twitch and its great so far! I just want to say that a little bit of twitch even 1 hour in a day is ok. With that out of the way.... to know my context, My demographics in short is am from Nairobi Kenya and my preference is single player games 80% of the time. And i want to request if you can put a swahili option just to target potential followers in our East african region . Swahili is the most common unifying language in Africa, and there is alot of discussion on making it an African…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. "Sørlige" is not a word in danish... I guess you mean "særlige" because that translates to "special". That being said I do not know what the word actually is supposed to be, as I have not seen the English edition of twitch in that category before. The only thing i do know, is that sørlige is not a word.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Nevím, jak přesně to napsat. Tak začnu trochu kostrbatě. Jsem začínající "streamer" a abych se přiznal, moje angličtina je vážně mizerná. Sice máte dost návodů a tipů, u kterých jsou titulky, ale přesto. Bylo by dobré, aby návody byly zcela v češtině a také ukázány ve videu. Ano, je tu například Youtube, kde si mohu nějaké to video najít, ale lepší je, mít tyto věci na jednom místě. Já třeba hodně tápu v tom, jak přidat věcičky pro "moje" sledující, jako například zvukové commands atd. Jenoduše to nevím a prokousávat se tím je docela těžké. Děkuji za přečtení mé zpětné…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?