Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. While streaming last night, my stream lost connection and had to restart it about 10 mins later. I wasn't able to resume the movie where I had left off so having a scroll bar/jog bar or even chapters would greatly help in the event of lost connections as it stinks having to restart a movie/show from the very beginning due to something that can't be controlled.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Watch Parties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the frustration. There are lots of different content controls that we’re investigating for our future roadmap, and we will add this one to the list!

2. Issues have arisen on Twitch lately that have been the result of some security holes/exploits in how the site works as well as a lack of knowledge by newer streamers on the platform (through no fault of their own) on best practices to keep themselves safe.

A solution that may solve both problems - new accounts that wish to receive a Stream Key should have to complete Creator Camp courses on a selection of topics. The key could be rendered immediately or on a 24-48 hour delay.

Twitch gets a win out of it, because it doesn't hamper the experience…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Onboarding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It's kind of a bummer that you can't show T2 and T3 subsctiption flair on a founders badge. I would love to have some way to show it on the badge. The little triangle in the bottom right corner is empty anyway, maybe that could be filled with a small silver / gold triangle for T2 / T3.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Take away the 24 hour exclusivity rule for affiliates. It stops growth for many people and hurts everybody in the long run.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The paid boosting feature is unethical and engineers around the problem that the current algorithm serves content in a way that is both obfuscated from participants yet is clearly biased towards extremely large partnered streamers and/or divisive content.

Instead deliver content that appeals to individual viewers based on their viewing habits and adjust the front page and the algorithm:
    - Partnered Streamers Recommended for you x3
    - Affiliate Streamers Recommended for you x3
    - New for you x6 (2 partner, 2 affiliate, 2 any) streams of varying size and varying content type

similarly for the search and category views of…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Boost This Stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I noticed on twitter / the live stream about changes to twitch. There is some kind of thing where you can pay for more exposure? Not only is this inherently greedy, it's classist about up and coming streamers who are up and coming, buring them further into obscurity. You guys taking all the money ontop of that for this service is disgusting. Fix your algorithm instead of trying to line your pockets. Fix the hate raids on streamers of color. Actually implement something of meaning so that streamers can feel safe and not stressed about bots who spam slurs and…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Evidently in trying to collect data on the optimal way to implement the Boost feature, there's a group of streamers that are getting the boosts and others that are not. This makes sense but to reduce bias, it may be needed to have a second part data collection where the group that did not get any boosts get the boosts instead, and compare the results from the two parts. This can help identify any biases, if any, and will be more fair (and thus reduce dissatisfaction of smaller streamers that we're seeing).

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Boost This Stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. My suggestion is to create an "Active Followers" statistic which tracks the number of followers who have re-visited a channel in the past 30 days that can be understood as a single number and discussed as the more important number, for example "The channel you are watching has 1000 followers, 200 of them active".

Currently: the bare count of a channel's followers provided is not as helpful as it could be.... does not help communicate to streamers and their viewers how well channel is doing with building and maintaining a community, as the bare Follower count includes people who followed…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Editors should be able to delete clips from the link, not just the clip manager, just like the broadcaster can.

If you are an editor for a streamer who gets several thousand clips per stream, deleting old clips becomes a very painful experience scrolling in a list that only displays a small amount of clips at a time with no search option.

Deleting a clip that is several months old would take hours scrolling in one list making it unfeasible and the streamer themselves have to delete the clip from the link, because only they can do it easily.

I…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I use subtitles while broadcasting, this way I can communicate with deaf friends, I think a plug-in should be added for broadcasters who use these programs in my filter section and add a plug-in in twitch.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Setting a priority / list order for Auto-Host is kinda pointless if Auto-Host won't automatically switch to the streamers you prefer to host more (like a local friend or someone who streams your favorite games). That being said, I'm requesting an option for the Auto-Host settings that'll allow it to host someone higher on your Auto-Host List if they go live, even if the Auto-Host is already hosting someone else who is lower on the list so I don't have to keep manually overriding it each time.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Hosts and Auto-Hosts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It's SUCH an amazing feature and I could see SO much use for this for normal streams (like dev streams, where you could have one view exclusively on the code, or such things).

PLEASE make this available to normal streams.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. You should add different tiers of the gift badge, like the bit badge. It currently shows the ammount of gifted subs already in the message in chat, but this should also be reflected in the gift badge.
    Do a score system, lets call it gift score, like following: $4,99 sub gives 1 point, $9,99 gives 2 points and $24,99 gives even 5 points, like you did it for the streamer with the sub score.
    Depending on the gift score give different badges. Maybe in steps like 3,5,10,25,50,100 etc...

Give the possibility to the streamer to upload their own gift badges,…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When you click on someone's name in chat or visit their profile, there should be a section for showing all of the different sub badges that person has. Then, each one should be clickable and link to the streamer's channel.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. If you have a stream paused or muted and a new channel is hosted, existing pause & mute settings are ignored after the host. If you leave a page up during the day or evening this can cause sound to suddenly start blasting from your speakers without warning. Please don't AutoPlay hosted channels if the open Twitch page has video paused, and please preserve mute settings.

Better yet, add an option in our user settings to auto-pause/mute hosted channels so viewers can manually opt-in to watching a hosted channel.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Hosts and Auto-Hosts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently, cheermotes are available even for blocked users who unlocked the emote before they got blocked.

This, however, also allows for harrassment outside of the channel of the stream who blocked them. They can go to channels of streamers that the streamer is acquainted or friends with, and continue to harass simply by intentionally using their cheermotes.

I don't think this is something a streamer should have to deal with, and therefore I think that while a user is blocked by a streamer, they should also not be able to use the cheermotes, just like they're not able to subscribe…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cheermotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A Twitch Partner can open 2 teams, once they are created, even if ownership of a Team is transferred or a Team is Deleted, a slot does not get reinstated to the user.

This suggestion is not to increase the amount of Teams to open, but to allow a Team's URL to be changed once every "x" amount of days*, which currently cannot be done.

There are Partners who have a 2nd slots empty not wanting to potentially waste them or Inactive Teams that were created Years ago no longer used because of these restrictions currently in place.

Twitch offers…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The feature in channel analytics -- "What categories do my viewers like to watch?" -- seems like it does not update daily. But, in general, we could use more information and focus on this, period.

Regarding the first request, can we get assurance this is updated daily, and if not can we make it daily? Knowing what our viewers like to watch and being able to continue to serve that is, perhaps, the most important metric of all. Having observed the metrics, it appears to me this data get a weekly refresh and then is only an average of those…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. This entire idea of Boost this stream is amazing. As a content creator I am more than happy and ecstatic at the thought of maybe having this on my own channel. Although I see this tools usefulness in aiding smaller streamers grow I feel that certain criteria should be in place before becoming eligible to have access to a boost. For example: You can't get boosts on your channel unless you are an affiliate, You can't buy boosts in anyway shape or form for yourself and you can't get boosted if you are a partner. I feel the most important…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently in order to view the watch party you have to view it in a tab separate from the dashboard. If you wanted to run a poll of the viewers as to what to watch next you would have to leave the watch tab to go back to the dashboard and set up the poll from there. If we are not able to view the watch party in the dashboard could we add a poll creation button on the watch party page for the host?

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Watch Parties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out with your suggestion. At this point, you’ll need to create a poll in your Stream Manager.

However, if you have Channel Moderators or Editors, they can create and manage a Poll through the /poll command in chat which will bring up the Poll module. Channel Moderators and Editors can also end and delete polls with /endpoll and /deletepoll respectively.

• Don't see your idea?