Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Moments is a new way to celebrate channel lore and reward viewers for being part of the hype, live. With the click of a button, you can now turn major moments on stream into a commemorative chat badge that viewers will receive if they were watching live. The more moments a viewer takes part in, the higher badge tiers they unlock. Plus, newcomers can get to know your stream by clicking into these badges and viewing the defining moments of your community.

We look forward to hearing your feedback and if you have any questions please refer to our help…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

73 comments  ·  Moments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make the stream automatically end when the raid moves to the next channel. Or at least make it a setting where the default is the stream ends after the raid. End awkward AFK streams of streamers who don't realize the stream is still running.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It's kind of a bummer that you can't show T2 and T3 subsctiption flair on a founders badge. I would love to have some way to show it on the badge. The little triangle in the bottom right corner is empty anyway, maybe that could be filled with a small silver / gold triangle for T2 / T3.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Take away the 24 hour exclusivity rule for affiliates. It stops growth for many people and hurts everybody in the long run.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hi Twitch,

I'm TheDementedRaven & back in April I started a campaign for your company to acknowledge Autistic streamers as it was Autism Awareness month. I launched a successful campaign on Twitter, featuring various sizes of streamers and Autistc's alike to spread the word far and wide. I started this campaign because these events are often met with silence with companies such as yourselves, & we're left without the recognition and awareness that we deserve.

Sadly, I didn't get a response from yourselves.

So I ask, if you are going to acknowledge myself & others with disabilities this month, because…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I think it would be pretty awesome if twitch had some veteran badges, which can be also shown in Chat.
    Like 5 years registered twitch account, 10 years and so on.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. twitch should let you pick your subscriber badge from any of the tiers you earned previously. like if you are a 1 month sub and they have a 1 month 3 month 6 month 1 year icon you should be able to pick any of them and not just be limited to the 1 month icon

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would love to take my internet radio show, which is pretty popular, to twitch. I would obtain my own ASCAP license so there wouldn't be any copyright infringement. This show could be the start of a new offshoot of Twitch. It could also be a way for regular twitch streamers to bring the audio from the "twitch radio" channel into their own and it not be muted on rebroadcast and music can be played legally on twitch.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stream manager / Quick actions / Manage goals / "add bits goal"
    Administrador de stream / Acciones rápidas / Administrar metas / "añadir meta de bits"

Me encanta que se puedan agregar metas, estaría genial que incluyeran esta.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Creator Goals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow creators to restrict viewing of their streams to logged in users only. As an option, this would help address hate raiders who get banned and continue to watch in incognito. Effectively preventing banned users from seeing the stream.

And, at the same time would give creators a simple tool to better control how their content is viewed. For example, if they were creating Mature content and wanted to add their own limitation on consumption.

Provide similar messaging to what is available on logged out Subscriber Streams which say "USER is streaming for 'registered users', Sign up now to join…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. With the Hype Train being implemented and having such a positive effect on content creator's channels, I think it would be worthwhile to add more rewards. The conductor badges have been HUGE for showing who is genuinely supporting, as well as the emotes that get dispensed. A few ideas I have to give more incentives for donating bits and gifting subs are things such as; Names in chat have more unique traits for those who have been top supporters, such as all gold names, rainbow names, special fonts etc. The ability to add exciting alerts for when new levels have…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hype Train  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We can get stream tags, but we can not filter streams by a tag ID. However it can be easily done from the official app. Like to get streams tagged as "Family Friendly" or "Squads", or "Mode: Battle Royale" etc.

Please provide API for 3d party developers :)

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Squad Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently, if you visit a Twitch link on your phone, and that person is hosting someone, there's no way to see the original user's profile. This means that you can't see their info, you can't follow, you can't subscribe, etc.

With a huge amount of traffic coming from other platforms like TikTok, Twitter, etc. this means that many people are unable to follow a user if they visit a Twitch link on their phone.

The only way to get to the original user's profile is to close the video player, and then manually search for them again within the app.…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Hosts and Auto-Hosts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Twitch needs to investigate the games that their affiliate requests are playing before handing out Affiliates. There are people who stream private servers who are getting affiliate status when they are in fact breaking Twitch rules!

It is written in Twitch's community guidelines that "Unauthorized Content Sharing & Other Copyright Violations
    Uploading any content that you do not own, do not have the rights to, or are otherwise not authorized to use, violates our Terms of Service and may make your account liable to DMCA takedowns by third-party rights holders. We do not tolerate, for example: rebroadcasting other Twitch broadcasters’…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Being Able to Create custom badges for your channel (only available on this said channel) such as "Content creator" "Artist" "Meme Lord". This would be a nice upgrade of the VIP badge; they would only be aesthetic and would not give any added rights.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The paid boosting feature is unethical and engineers around the problem that the current algorithm serves content in a way that is both obfuscated from participants yet is clearly biased towards extremely large partnered streamers and/or divisive content.

Instead deliver content that appeals to individual viewers based on their viewing habits and adjust the front page and the algorithm:
    - Partnered Streamers Recommended for you x3
    - Affiliate Streamers Recommended for you x3
    - New for you x6 (2 partner, 2 affiliate, 2 any) streams of varying size and varying content type

similarly for the search and category views of…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Boost This Stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When you click on someone's name in chat or visit their profile, there should be a section for showing all of the different sub badges that person has. Then, each one should be clickable and link to the streamer's channel.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. While streaming last night, my stream lost connection and had to restart it about 10 mins later. I wasn't able to resume the movie where I had left off so having a scroll bar/jog bar or even chapters would greatly help in the event of lost connections as it stinks having to restart a movie/show from the very beginning due to something that can't be controlled.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Watch Parties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the frustration. There are lots of different content controls that we’re investigating for our future roadmap, and we will add this one to the list!

19. My suggestion is to create an "Active Followers" statistic which tracks the number of followers who have re-visited a channel in the past 30 days that can be understood as a single number and discussed as the more important number, for example "The channel you are watching has 1000 followers, 200 of them active".

Currently: the bare count of a channel's followers provided is not as helpful as it could be.... does not help communicate to streamers and their viewers how well channel is doing with building and maintaining a community, as the bare Follower count includes people who followed…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Editors should be able to delete clips from the link, not just the clip manager, just like the broadcaster can.

If you are an editor for a streamer who gets several thousand clips per stream, deleting old clips becomes a very painful experience scrolling in a list that only displays a small amount of clips at a time with no search option.

Deleting a clip that is several months old would take hours scrolling in one list making it unfeasible and the streamer themselves have to delete the clip from the link, because only they can do it easily.

I…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?