Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When watching a TV Series (such as Made in Abyss), it would be nice to have a "Start next episode" button somewhere, possibly when the credits start to roll. The current process for playing the next episode is as follows:

1. Go back to the Creator's Dashboard
    2. End/Cancel the current watch party (or wait for it to end)
    3. Start a new watch party
    4. Scroll all the way down to the episode that you want, then click it
    5. Select the season that you want to watch
    6. Hope you remember what episode that you just finished so that you can select the next…
    15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Watch Parties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reaching out with your suggestion. We’re currently investigating all kinds of different content controls, and where we can add them to our product roadmap.

2. Sometimes I'd like to bulk gift subs to a stream, but I'd prefer such subs go to followers among the viewers and/or current viewers to reward regulars and people currently engaged in the stream.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Currently, cheermotes are available even for blocked users who unlocked the emote before they got blocked.

This, however, also allows for harrassment outside of the channel of the stream who blocked them. They can go to channels of streamers that the streamer is acquainted or friends with, and continue to harass simply by intentionally using their cheermotes.

I don't think this is something a streamer should have to deal with, and therefore I think that while a user is blocked by a streamer, they should also not be able to use the cheermotes, just like they're not able to subscribe…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cheermotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I think it would be good to implement such a feature as private stream sessions. You could literally stream on "invite-only-mode" that can be used for subscriber stream or if you wanna stream something for only people you want.
    Would also work if you wanna show something to your team or when it comes to schoolwork. Companies could literally do their meetings on Twitch.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Watch Parties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I would love to be able to auto export my VODs to YouTube. I know it's a 3rd party platform and we already have a way to export manually but a auto export feature would save time!

Maybe have it have "general settings" where you can public/private the VOD or just have it automatic upload to private on YouTube if setup by the streamer!

Just an idea
    Vaughn

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. So I like the idea, but just a few tweaks. I like how the challenge can just pop up and we have a couple days to complete it, but upon completion can we save the boost for the future? I got the challenge on my "friday" so I felt compelled to make sure I completed it within the time frame forcing me to stream on my day off. I did complete it but then the boost happened right away. I would love to see it for the next stream where I can prepare for it, kind of like a front…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Boost This Stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show live via a Twitch Ambassador streamer or another Twitch official channel how this works.

If the boost system in any way can be used to over take those with a smaller audience, by having a 200+ viewer channel boost it's way in front of a 45 viewer channel, then there lies an issue.

I wanna see what it does before making assumptions if it's a positive feature or not; whether I want to support the feature or not. As of now, it seems fine but I would love a live feed demonstrating how it functions, and answers to questions…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Boost This Stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Give us a way to set a list of streams we do or do not wish to receive raids from.

Currently the only options for limiting raids are

Allow all raids,
    Only allow raids from friends, teammates, and followed channels,
    & Block all raids.

Occasionally raids from particular communities my prove disruptive for the receiving community, and we may not wish to take the step of banning the streamer outright. Being able to specify specific streams we do or do not wish to receive raids from would allow us a greater deal of control without resorting to the heavier step…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Raids  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Give the ability to fast forward content.
    for instance if a stream is cut off due to an internet problem and the stream has to restart the watch party from the beginning

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We’re currently investigating all kinds of different content controls, including the ability to fast forward and rewind a Watch Party. This is a great suggestion as we continue to build out our roadmap for the rest of the year.

10. Have a mid tier, the requirements to join partner are very high but lock sooo many features and sub badges with that i suggest a middle tier witch could have a minimum followers of 100, viewer average of 12-20 or smthn along those lines and give those people the ability to squad stream & unlock more emotes without being a partner.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Squad Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Instead of limiting the Editor and Mod permissions behind a template of permissions, set up as system similar to Discord, where you can toggle permissions on and off, to allow for more flexibility between Mods and Editors.
    Example: Giving a Mod access to directly edit stream info (Title, Category, Tags) without accessing VODs, Clips or Panels. This will allow Moderators to assist the streamer further, without risking letting them access higher level permissions.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hello, In light of JK Rowlings constant reminders that she hates trans people, trans women specifically, I think this is a good opportunity to change the image partners receive when accepted to something that isn't a Harry Potter reference. It would be wonderful if it is either a reference to a trans woman's work or made by a trans person. Maybe a matrix reference?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I love the idea of the Founders Badge. However, I don't like that they can be "taken" and "gone" by those who only sub for that first initial period, and then never resubscribe again - yet you have someone who subscribed early (maybe not the first 10/25), and continue to resubscribe. It seems unfair to that consistent supporter.

My idea is that the Founders Badge can have an expiration date for those who have it but do not resubscribe, give those who consistently support with a sub every month an opportunity to be recognized as one of regular founded supporters…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Polls is a great system however there could be some improvements

1) longer running polls - 5, 10, 60 or indefinite (broadcaster stops poll)
    2) browser source customisation / improvement - it's currently a little bit hacked together with no real thought. like if added to OBS how am i meant to change whats being displayed?
    3) there should be an API available for this (speaking from a developer standpoint)

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Polls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. if a channel host raids another channel it will switch your url which will delete chat history as well some channels have "This room is in 10 minutes followers-only mode." so some raiders can't raid

1 having the option of turning off raids for a certain channel your in so you don't get auto switched or turning it off completely for all raids because maybe you like switching to a different channel then join a raid.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I hope their will come support for Watch Partys on Android TV App for Devices like Fire TV and the Nvidia Shield TV. IT would be also nice if u can add the feature to Consoles like PS4 and Xbox One

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Watch Parties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. It'd be great if streamers could assign specific badges for these roles that match the theme of their channel.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Take away region lock from watch parties.

• Allow subs to watch along, even without prime!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Watch Parties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Watch Party Team responded

Thanks for the feedback, we’re working on making Watch Parties available to our global community in the coming months. Stay tuned for more!

18. The Ad money can go to amazon in exchange for letting non prime viewers join the watch party. They would be essentially paying amazon for a a very specific viewing. I hate the idea that I have to exclude non prime viewers in order to do a watch party.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. At this time, Ads are not supported in Watch Parties. We will let you know if this is added to our roadmap

19. Have the promo image of the show or movie the watch party is for on the Stream preview. This will make it quicker for viewers to glance through the Watch party streams and see which ones they may want to check out

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ve passed this along to the product team to look into as we continue shaping the product roadmap.

• Don't see your idea?