Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto Hosts NEED to be on the "Live" in order for them to work as intended.

Basically auto hosts won't have any effect on viewer count as they are now after the changes. I had a group of underrated streamers on mine that could have really felt the impact of the dozen or so hard lurkers that always have my channel page open. This just makes it even harder to support small streamers, and HURTS discoverability. On the flip-side of this I had a few REALLY big streamers/ YouTubers that had me on their auto host list and literally every…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Hosts and Auto-Hosts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. With the Hype Train being implemented and having such a positive effect on content creator's channels, I think it would be worthwhile to add more rewards. The conductor badges have been HUGE for showing who is genuinely supporting, as well as the emotes that get dispensed. A few ideas I have to give more incentives for donating bits and gifting subs are things such as; Names in chat have more unique traits for those who have been top supporters, such as all gold names, rainbow names, special fonts etc. The ability to add exciting alerts for when new levels have…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hype Train  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I wanted to make a suggestion about the menu on the left side of the screen with all the people I follow. If you added my current subscription badge next to the channel name, it would catch peoples attention more and make them more involved in the channels they subscribe to (or got gifted subs). There have been many times that I even forgot that I had a subscription to a certain channel.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. We can get stream tags, but we can not filter streams by a tag ID. However it can be easily done from the official app. Like to get streams tagged as "Family Friendly" or "Squads", or "Mode: Battle Royale" etc.

Please provide API for 3d party developers :)

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Squad Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I love the idea of the Founders Badge. However, I don't like that they can be "taken" and "gone" by those who only sub for that first initial period, and then never resubscribe again - yet you have someone who subscribed early (maybe not the first 10/25), and continue to resubscribe. It seems unfair to that consistent supporter.

My idea is that the Founders Badge can have an expiration date for those who have it but do not resubscribe, give those who consistently support with a sub every month an opportunity to be recognized as one of regular founded supporters…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. While streaming last night, my stream lost connection and had to restart it about 10 mins later. I wasn't able to resume the movie where I had left off so having a scroll bar/jog bar or even chapters would greatly help in the event of lost connections as it stinks having to restart a movie/show from the very beginning due to something that can't be controlled.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Watch Parties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the frustration. There are lots of different content controls that we’re investigating for our future roadmap, and we will add this one to the list!

7. There are several channels streaming pets or animals but there is no category for streamers like us.

Animal-streamers have mostly been getting around this by choosing games with "pets" or "animals" in the name as a category.

When streaming from a mobile device the app does not allow you to select game categories so you're stuck with a bunch of IRL categories that do not fit your stream.

We'd love to have our own IRL category.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The paid boosting feature is unethical and engineers around the problem that the current algorithm serves content in a way that is both obfuscated from participants yet is clearly biased towards extremely large partnered streamers and/or divisive content.

Instead deliver content that appeals to individual viewers based on their viewing habits and adjust the front page and the algorithm:
    - Partnered Streamers Recommended for you x3
    - Affiliate Streamers Recommended for you x3
    - New for you x6 (2 partner, 2 affiliate, 2 any) streams of varying size and varying content type

similarly for the search and category views of…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Boost This Stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Issues have arisen on Twitch lately that have been the result of some security holes/exploits in how the site works as well as a lack of knowledge by newer streamers on the platform (through no fault of their own) on best practices to keep themselves safe.

A solution that may solve both problems - new accounts that wish to receive a Stream Key should have to complete Creator Camp courses on a selection of topics. The key could be rendered immediately or on a 24-48 hour delay.

Twitch gets a win out of it, because it doesn't hamper the experience…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Onboarding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Evidently in trying to collect data on the optimal way to implement the Boost feature, there's a group of streamers that are getting the boosts and others that are not. This makes sense but to reduce bias, it may be needed to have a second part data collection where the group that did not get any boosts get the boosts instead, and compare the results from the two parts. This can help identify any biases, if any, and will be more fair (and thus reduce dissatisfaction of smaller streamers that we're seeing).

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Boost This Stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I noticed on twitter / the live stream about changes to twitch. There is some kind of thing where you can pay for more exposure? Not only is this inherently greedy, it's classist about up and coming streamers who are up and coming, buring them further into obscurity. You guys taking all the money ontop of that for this service is disgusting. Fix your algorithm instead of trying to line your pockets. Fix the hate raids on streamers of color. Actually implement something of meaning so that streamers can feel safe and not stressed about bots who spam slurs and…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would love to be able to auto export my VODs to YouTube. I know it's a 3rd party platform and we already have a way to export manually but a auto export feature would save time!

Maybe have it have "general settings" where you can public/private the VOD or just have it automatic upload to private on YouTube if setup by the streamer!

Just an idea
    Vaughn

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Take away the 24 hour exclusivity rule for affiliates. It stops growth for many people and hurts everybody in the long run.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. This entire idea of Boost this stream is amazing. As a content creator I am more than happy and ecstatic at the thought of maybe having this on my own channel. Although I see this tools usefulness in aiding smaller streamers grow I feel that certain criteria should be in place before becoming eligible to have access to a boost. For example: You can't get boosts on your channel unless you are an affiliate, You can't buy boosts in anyway shape or form for yourself and you can't get boosted if you are a partner. I feel the most important…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pretty straight forward. There are a lot of streamers that cannot use Soundtrack because they use Windows 7/8/8.1.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Setting a priority / list order for Auto-Host is kinda pointless if Auto-Host won't automatically switch to the streamers you prefer to host more (like a local friend or someone who streams your favorite games). That being said, I'm requesting an option for the Auto-Host settings that'll allow it to host someone higher on your Auto-Host List if they go live, even if the Auto-Host is already hosting someone else who is lower on the list so I don't have to keep manually overriding it each time.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Hosts and Auto-Hosts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. My suggestion is to create an "Active Followers" statistic which tracks the number of followers who have re-visited a channel in the past 30 days that can be understood as a single number and discussed as the more important number, for example "The channel you are watching has 1000 followers, 200 of them active".

Currently: the bare count of a channel's followers provided is not as helpful as it could be.... does not help communicate to streamers and their viewers how well channel is doing with building and maintaining a community, as the bare Follower count includes people who followed…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. It would be nice if companies could add verified dev twitch accounts associated with their games, and if the dev's were in chats of streams playing those games they could get a special game dev badge in chat to show that.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I think it would be pretty awesome if twitch had some veteran badges, which can be also shown in Chat.
    Like 5 years registered twitch account, 10 years and so on.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. So I like the idea, but just a few tweaks. I like how the challenge can just pop up and we have a couple days to complete it, but upon completion can we save the boost for the future? I got the challenge on my "friday" so I felt compelled to make sure I completed it within the time frame forcing me to stream on my day off. I did complete it but then the boost happened right away. I would love to see it for the next stream where I can prepare for it, kind of like a front…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Boost This Stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?