Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

816 results found

1. We’re experimenting with cues as a way to help streamers while they're live. Follow cues are a feature that reminds streamers to tell viewers to follow when they are live. Timing of these reminders are based on real-time data that tells us when the percentage of viewers not following you is higher than usual. We are testing location of these cues in either Chat or Activity Feed.
    We look forward to hearing your feedback!

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello! My question is, since Twitch have a Spotify integration/extension, why have it if we are going to get DMCA. We pay for the licence to stream music and pay the artists for their work buy buying a subscription. Why don't you work with labels and spotify to have it so if you like your spotify to twitch, any music played via the app is free from demonetisation and copyright free if we are showing that we have paid for said music to be streamed? Twitch soundtrack doesn't always work because sometimes streams need music on them in certain scenarios…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Music  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would love to take my internet radio show, which is pretty popular, to twitch. I would obtain my own ASCAP license so there wouldn't be any copyright infringement. This show could be the start of a new offshoot of Twitch. It could also be a way for regular twitch streamers to bring the audio from the "twitch radio" channel into their own and it not be muted on rebroadcast and music can be played legally on twitch.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please fix the issue with large portions of chat not going over on raids. Even me, the streamer, is left behind half the time, maybe more. We have resorted to having to shout out the streamer before raiding out, which is just one more thing to have to do. And it's not inactive chatters getting left behind... I'll be sitting there and people will be typing "Did I get left behind?". So, I'll say "Yep, please click the link guys". Then by the time I get into the raided streamers chat... they're already talking about themselves and the greetings are…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Seeming some songs on Spotify are blocked by Twitch due to copyright issues perhaps we could get an app or something where we can put a URL for a Spotify playlist and it checks wither a song would be blocked or not, this way we could tailor playlists to be free of copyright infringement but still suit the vibe and style of our streams. Sadly there is nothing we can check songs against at present so this would be a great way to work it.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Music  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Maybe by using the raid channel/Host a channel buttons we can have a tab where we have the CHOICE to raid people from our follower list AND a tab to choose from people that are streaming the same category as us that we don't necessarily follow.

This way we can host other viewers that are streaming the same thing as us and reach out to communities of the same size.

If we can only host/raid people we follow, the potential for growth stagnates.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  0 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. My suggestion is to create an "Active Followers" statistic which tracks the number of followers who have re-visited a channel in the past 30 days that can be understood as a single number and discussed as the more important number, for example "The channel you are watching has 1000 followers, 200 of them active".

Currently: the bare count of a channel's followers provided is not as helpful as it could be.... does not help communicate to streamers and their viewers how well channel is doing with building and maintaining a community, as the bare Follower count includes people who followed…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. After receiving a notification about the changes to the Twitch Terms of Service on 6/6/2023, it is clear that there are changes that greatly affect streamers and how they are able to earn an income through the Twitch platform. Before I begin, I highly recommend that Twitch consider creating a way to be able to highlight changes made to their Terms of Service when they are updated, as there was no indication of WHAT changed specifically until I saw a thread on social media explaining it. This is an easy fix to a frustration that many have when a website's…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Twitch needs to investigate the games that their affiliate requests are playing before handing out Affiliates. There are people who stream private servers who are getting affiliate status when they are in fact breaking Twitch rules!

It is written in Twitch's community guidelines that "Unauthorized Content Sharing & Other Copyright Violations
    Uploading any content that you do not own, do not have the rights to, or are otherwise not authorized to use, violates our Terms of Service and may make your account liable to DMCA takedowns by third-party rights holders. We do not tolerate, for example: rebroadcasting other Twitch broadcasters’…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When a broadcaster announces a broadcast at a specific time he can set a timer on the stream page - this way I can know when the stream starts when the time is given in different time zone

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  Warren responded

Love this idea as well. Definitely going to consider this one!

11. A Twitch Partner can open 2 teams, once they are created, even if ownership of a Team is transferred or a Team is Deleted, a slot does not get reinstated to the user.

This suggestion is not to increase the amount of Teams to open, but to allow a Team's URL to be changed once every "x" amount of days*, which currently cannot be done.

There are Partners who have a 2nd slots empty not wanting to potentially waste them or Inactive Teams that were created Years ago no longer used because of these restrictions currently in place.

Twitch offers…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Generally, I prefer my streams where I don't have to gain money (generally a good thing) but being a twitch affiliate also unlocks multiple different useful features for streams to make the quality better. So generally without making this complicated, I would like to be an affiliate without having to deal with my tax registration/paypal account considering im a non-profit and that's not my plan at all.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It's SUCH an amazing feature and I could see SO much use for this for normal streams (like dev streams, where you could have one view exclusively on the code, or such things).

PLEASE make this available to normal streams.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. While streaming last night, my stream lost connection and had to restart it about 10 mins later. I wasn't able to resume the movie where I had left off so having a scroll bar/jog bar or even chapters would greatly help in the event of lost connections as it stinks having to restart a movie/show from the very beginning due to something that can't be controlled.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the frustration. There are lots of different content controls that we’re investigating for our future roadmap, and we will add this one to the list!

15. I use subtitles while broadcasting, this way I can communicate with deaf friends, I think a plug-in should be added for broadcasters who use these programs in my filter section and add a plug-in in twitch.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. This is very simple but extremely helpful for those of us that watch multiple streams for different games or campaigns.

Here's an example of how it would work. A user would be able to gain completion towards drops for streams as long as they are of different events. In other words, if I am watching for RainbowSixSeige streams with drops enabled, I could also open another tab for Rocket league and gain progression towards both drop campaigns.

Even better/intuitive is if it is per campaign so I could watch 2 different (example) Rocket League events such as RLCS and CRL…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Drops  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. i have friends that want to subscribe to me but they cant because i only average 2.06 viewers

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. As a Twitch partner, our support from Twitch Staff continues to decline as more Twitch Partners are awarded over the pandemic.

Twitch Bounty Boards have been something that Partners can use to increase the amount of money they make each month from Twitch.

Can we set it up, so all Twitch Partners as part of their offerings from Twitch Staff once hitting this status?

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bounty Board  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be nice that Just Chatting could have drops like other game categories.

Maybe with promotions like coffee shops like Starbucks or something related.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drops  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Moderators seem like the unsung heroes of Twitch. Especially for daily IRL streamers, they put in hours upon hours of work sifting through message after message and making sure harmful content does not seep through the cracks. They filter out any flame wars and make sure that the members in chat have an enjoyable experience. Yet very few moderators make compensation for their efforts. And none make anywhere near the amount the streamers they moderate for do. Therefore, why not provide some type of incentive for moderators to keep putting in the work? Why not either provide them with a…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?