Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

828 results found

1. Background: I have noticed multiple channels are titled as channels with "Drops Enabled" or "Drops On" and previously there used to be a little aqua colored icon that said if drops were enabled for the stream but only on PC. Currently, that icon is nowhere to be found.

Suggestion: Please include the drops enabled icon back to the page and add that feature to the mobile version as well since it was not previously a feature. That would seem like something that should most definitely be included. I am all for keeping people honest because too frequently during any drop…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Drops  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Break out rooms for chat e.g. of 10 members whilst streaming large events.

You can request a change of breakout room if your automatically assigned room isn’t talking much.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be great to partner with other streaming services, allowing streamers to choose a film that is more globally available to their audience on a different service if it is region restricted on prime. Also, allowing a greater selection of film and TV for Watch Parties.

Users connect their Streaming service (Netflix, Disney+ etc.) account to Twitch along with their Amazon Prime account and both subscriptions must be active to join in a watch Party of content form these third-party streaming platforms

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please make is so you can't raid people unless you have been streaming 10-20 minutes+ to stop the fake raids that people are constantly doing, its re4ally annoying for streamers when they have a fake raid notification

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As a moderator for a speedrunning channel we often play the same game many times over the course of weeks or months. It would be a significant feature improvement to allow mods to save some "pre-set" predictions as opposed to only saving the most recent ones.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. How do I squad stream BEFORE I'm a partner? I want to give chess lessons to other streamers...and having a hard time finding a way to do it using Twitch Studio without first being a partner?

What are the commands? And where do I use them? I had to have a viewer explain how to do a raid using a command...and that commands were put into my chat window.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dont give streamers drops with out a contract to play the game for the enabled drop. Been sitting at 95% on a rust drop for the Rubius crate and the streamer has not been active for over six days on a timed drops. I understand personal things get in the way of streaming. Now a majority of people will miss this special in game content for it. This is why i recommend a contract when twitch promotes a streamer for induvial content related to a specific game.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drops  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sometimes it can be hard to specify exactly where on screen the viewers are trying to call attention to.

A neat feature would be to have the ability to temporarily allow a viewer to "highlight" something on screen.

Streamer: I'm lost
    Viewer: You have to press that button
    Streamer: What button? I can't find it. Can you highlight it for me? (gives highlight)
    Viewer: Right here! CLICK (big yellow highlight appears on stream)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hype Train  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. This is pretty simple too much text is shown on all Twitch Panels please give us the option to allow a drop down which users can click on our picture on our panels to either trigger a link or a drop down option. It would remove the wall of text from showing unless someone wants to hover over it or click the image on our Panel. Thank you

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The Just Chatting category must be limited to 2 hours per week per streamer as the name means everything and nothing at the same time.

A better definition of the streaming content would leave more space for small streamers and at the same time better distribute the whole community across multiple categories.

An Affiliate or Partner streamer must be able to define the quality of their content and consequently their categorization.

Also, giving people plenty of room to express themselves (sometimes badly) on certain topics can lead to a lot of misinformation that can very well be dangerous.
    My idea,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. One person streams with camera and gameplay. Second person can piggy back and bring the first person stream pane into their stream box. Might be useful if second streamer is taking a break and wants to feature another streaming individual as a feature and help boost other individuals. It would be like a watch party but for a streamer instead.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add in being able to link your Instagram and other social medias besides just Twitter and Youtube when applying for partner. Would make it so Twitch can see where certain people's audiences are coming from besides just those two platforms.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I think that one of the biggest fears among streamers, full time and other wise is taking time off... fear of losing all that they worked so hard to get. Some type of assurances to maintain same level... if reasonable time off is taken. Earning enough money to cover the bills even if in a high cost area such as California. Also some vacation time, sick time, and such even as an affiliate. Compound that with some type of discount on health plan (s), life insurance and so on... I think that it can reasonably be done. So, please, consider…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Music is integral to the social-experience. It creates an ambience for an intimate setting, helps the tone of the stream take form to more consistently help people fit in with a streamers' chat, and helps promote artsists.

With that in mind, and MANY channels dedicated to music on your platform, you could, realistically, call upon creators to send in submissions for music they created with legally purchased licenses. Since established labels won't let music be enjoyed, make your own.

Other places with such content creation are Bandcamp and Soundcloud, both of which would fall head-over-heels if they could partner with…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Music  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hype Train  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We all use autohost, raiding and manual hosting sometimes. Its labor intensive & tireing though. One has to devote time to find a stream to drop viewers into. On top of inconvinience of that process... there is corruption going on in certain communities. People are retaining viewers by hosting their group of friends only, so these viewers are never exposed to anything new.

My idea is to automate the process of raiding, to disperse thousends of viewers watching huge streamer, by sending them to zero-viewer channels from same game cathegory.. or to the ones having simmilar cathegories history. By doing…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The Countdown is too short. I start a Watch Party, and by the time the Countdown happens, it cuts off a few seconds of the episodes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out with your suggestion. We’re currently investigating all kinds of different content controls, and where we can add them to our product roadmap.

1. A search function, so finding quick actions to add is easier.
    2. The ability to see all available quick actions for Channel Editors. Currently some features that were previously included in the Dashboard are not showing as addable in the Quick Actions menu for Channel Editors (i.e. Squad Stream).
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow viewers to minimize chat on squad stream. Its quite annoying on smaller screens like mobile or not full-screen desktop, because the chat takes up way too much space. I would like the ability to minimize the chat when watching in squad stream, there are instances when it can take up more space for the chat than the other streams combined.

Allow hosting to work properly. When a squad streamer hosts someone it just makes it seem like their stream ended, either allow their host command to take all squad stream viewers that are viewing them, or take all squad…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?