Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

35 results found

1. A channel editor is probably the biggest role any streamer can give a person, but the channel editor can't do as much as they should be allowed to do. A channel editor should be able to do more than just create highlights, run commercials,etc. When a person is promoted to a channel editor, that means the streamer gives them their ultimate trust. So what should an editor be able to do, but can't at this current time? Here are some ideas:

• Moderate the moderators | Just as any other broadcaster can, a channel editor should be allowed to purge/timeout/ban moderators…

586 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Planned  ·  69 comments  ·  Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Exporting previous broadcasts and highlighted VODs have been broken for 2 days for editors.

The streamer themselves can export just fine, however the editor role gives a 403 error message with a blank white page and a followed error message that the channel is not connected to YouTube.

I've tested and replicated the bug on my channel and others where I have editor role and made sure that the channels are connected to YouTube. Refreshing the connection by disconnecting and reconnecting doesn't seem to repair the problem.

Screenshot of the error: https://imgur.com/a/y0iDB8Y

Best regards
    Cragsand

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Editors should be able to delete clips from the link, not just the clip manager, just like the broadcaster can.

If you are an editor for a streamer who gets several thousand clips per stream, deleting old clips becomes a very painful experience scrolling in a list that only displays a small amount of clips at a time with no search option.

Deleting a clip that is several months old would take hours scrolling in one list making it unfeasible and the streamer themselves have to delete the clip from the link, because only they can do it easily.

I…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Instead of limiting the Editor and Mod permissions behind a template of permissions, set up as system similar to Discord, where you can toggle permissions on and off, to allow for more flexibility between Mods and Editors.
    Example: Giving a Mod access to directly edit stream info (Title, Category, Tags) without accessing VODs, Clips or Panels. This will allow Moderators to assist the streamer further, without risking letting them access higher level permissions.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Channel editors already have the ability to edit nearly all stream info, such as title, category, and tags, but they cannot edit the Go Live Notification. When editors are preparing a channel before a stream, they should be able to customize this part of the stream info as well.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Minor idea to add to improved editor access that I've seen marked as "planned", but in situations during streams where users may spam channel point requests or it becomes apparent that a different cooldown time/limit is needed, it would be very helpful to have the option as editor to change the channel point settings and prevent spam/refund situations instead of having to wait until the streamer has time to modify the settings.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Editors are an important part of a content creator's team. Mods with an editor role should be able to see one another's stream markers when highlighting VODs. Editing and moderating is a team effort and this would greatly facilitate our ability to work together.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. my streamer specifically upgraded me to editor so I can make custom stream rewards for her because she was having a hard time with it. however I STILL cannot edit her stream rewards to her specification with mod and editor permissions. what gives?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I am an editor on another steamer's dashboard and I occasionally start Reruns on his channel on days when he has let me know he can't make it for whatever reason (travelling, sick etc.). It would be great if I could search or filter the channel Highlight videos so that I don't have to spend ages scrolling through the endless list looking for a video created months ago.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hey Twitch Community and Twitch Team,

i edit videos for some streamers. There the problem often arises that you cannot easily make the stream highlights available for download because the maximum upload size via e-mail, Discord etc. is sometimes not nearly sufficient. Another problem with some cloud services is that larger uploads can only be made after completing a subscription. This means it often quickly complicates the video's by editing the streamer's videos difficult.
    Also, some streamers have the problem of a person who only admits the role of editor to edit videos, because they have a lot of rights.…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow channel editors to manage the rules for the broadcaster that appears when you first enter the chat, this will allow chat rules to be up-to-date and easily edited and accessed by moderators and trusted people in a broadcasters stream.

For example, if there's a streamer who's really popular and doesn't have the time to check in on his chat settings ever so often. The editors of the channel can manage the chat rules, and edit them instead of having to contact the broadcaster.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be great if the editor's dashboard had the "lock-layout" feature just like the mod view has. Currently, there is no way to block the layout after you set every panel in the correct place, it is a little bit annoying because from time to time you move the tiles by accident which destroys the entire look of the layout and its clarity.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. With the mass amount of clips that most streamers tend to have, it'd be nice if there was a feature for Twitch streamers to archive their clips to organize. Say, based on varied games, moments, specific things being able to be categorized to find clips easier for future viewing. This might help tidy up the clip archive and also help a streamer promote specific clips for their stream use/promoting various things.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hello,

Since the last rework of the stream settings, Editors can't access the Enable clips menu (now in Settings > Stream).
    Please fix.

Regards.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It doesn't really make a lot of sense to me that a channel editor has the ability to delete entire VODS, but not the ability to delete individual clips. I feel like this should be a default ability for editors, or it should at least be an option for the streamer to give editors the power to delete clips on their behalf.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Editors should be able to upload emotes, badges & edit "about me" section...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I stream and mod for a couple of streamers. I think it would be beneficial for twitch to add the ability for editors to edit the twitch schedule. Editors already can edit videos, clips, etc., so why not let them edit the schedule? I think this feature would be really useful, especially if a streamer is skipping a stream and forgets to mark it as skipped; an editor can mark it as skipped. Or if on stream they say they are doing a one-time stream tomorrow or something, the editor can add it live.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. As an Editor, being able to view other Editor's Stream Markers would be great. As of right now, you can only view your own, the streamer's, or both Stream Markers but not any other Editor's Stream Markers. Would come in handy for people that edit videos.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?