Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

262 results found

1. Please, please, please, we need Twitch Sings back. It was the best community and growth tool ever on Twitch... and I certainly miss my saturday night karaoke sessions!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Twitch Partners mentoring Affiliates program.

Once you can apply for affiliate you also have the option to opt in to mentorship. You can be matched using categories (Chatting/fps/strategy etc.) with a partnered streamer to "Show you the ropes" after a quick review a partner can choose if they would like to mentor the affiliate.

The gains the mentor would get can vary depending how twitch would see fit to reward someone for being a mentor, but the idea would be if a partner where to take an affiliate under their wing they should get a portion of the income generated…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Current chapter system is great, but it's only useful when you play multiple games during one stream. But what should streamers do if they play only one game per day, but have several matches or different gamemodes? My idea is to add new feature similar to /marker feature that adds new chapter into recent broadcasts video, because it seems that "chapter" is not the best name for game change. I know that it's probably a useless feature, but it seems that it doesn't break the logic of existing chapter system and that recent broadcasts are more popular than highlights (and…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Some streamers have sub cams that only subs can see, and the streamer has to open another stream in a different account. And to be easier, it would be good a popup for sub cam.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have got an idea about this to make if possible what dLIVE has or similar something like a treasure chest which will contain maybe some bits or channel points which will de distributed for all logged in viewers when streamer opens it. It will help Twitch and all streams to be more interactive and more active in streams as more stream is active bigger prizes will be.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When you mark your stream as 18+, users will get a warning message the first time they enter the stream, warning about things like strong language.

What I think would be a good addition, is for the ability to either customize this screen entirely, or add text to it to warn about things such as flashing lights, loud noises etc.

Not only will this help prepare everyone for what might be present in the stream, but it would also help those with health problems such as noise/light sensitivity, epilepsy etc. to know what the stream contains and then make an…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Basically, just allow smaller streamers (particularly streamers who haven't reached affiliate) to do things like polls and votes with chat without having to be monetized.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Just wondering if anyone had thought of organising/making a Twitch orchestra, like the YouTube orchestra from approx. 2009? I know the creative arts sector is still relatively new on Twitch but would be such a cool idea if Twitch would support it and can sponsor/fund an orchestral performance with musicians from all around the world. There are a lot of super talented classical musicians on Twitch and it would be lovely if we could make music together!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Instead of phasing out Bits with “Cheer Coin” and rendering existing integration useless, create a Tip/Dono page that forwards to PayPal with chargeback protection.

This way a new way of supporting a creator can be integrated and enhance the user experience, as less clicks through third-party sites mean more tips generated and the proposed revenue split for “Cheer Coin” can be integrated, as well as a visual representation for a Tip/Donation goal that counts towards Boost Trains.

This would make Twitch Tips as the preferred method for PayPal transactions while protecting the streamers from negative balances, that “Cheer Coin” could…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We currently have the Block Hyperlinks option in our Moderation Setting BUT moderators, admins, and VIPs can still post links and that is where a streamer's choices end.

I suggest that streamers should have more versatile options when it comes to controlling links and permissions of who can post links such as:

• Being able to choose if moderators, admins, and VIPs can post links.

• Only allowing specific roles to post links.

• Only allowing specific users to post links.

• Only allowing specific users and/or roles to post links for certain amount of time.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hello Twitch,

You tell us that using third-party sites to watch multiple Twitch streams at the same time is detrimental to our chat experience. I totally understand the sense of loyalty and fidelity we must have towards you, but to be honest, I expected better.

Watching multiple streams at the same time would allow us to stay in touch with multiple communities at the same time and not miss any highlights. So why not? Creating the Squad Stream system was a good initiative to follow several streamers on a common game. But if you are so keen to keep us…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. i would like to set up things where if my chat does enough chatting it gives everyone an emote

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow us to set a specific percentage of our monthly take from Twitch proceeds to set aside to give to our mods who elect to participate.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. With Partners having a badge to show there hard work on Twitch.

I feel that the users who have Twitch Affiliate should have "Affiliate" under the username when you click on the user in any Twitch chat.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bot Accounts have been a rampant issue that is being addressed as of late, and their necessity to Content Creators makes them a tricky thing to address.

My suggestion is to allow Creators Affiliate and above to submit Bot Account applications. This would solve a few challenges:

• By not allowing less than an Affiliate to create the account, individuals who would create them for trolling would have to actually spend time completing the path to affiliate in order to even create one. New creators would of course need to use the built in Twitch Moderator, but once you become an…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow the opportunity for viewers to suggest their favorite streamer as a featured streamer for a day. This would only be available to streamers who have Affiliate Status and an average viewer rating of less than 75. I think this would help smaller streamers get their name out there to help them make Partner Status. This resets monthly and a viewer can only vote for a streamer one time per month.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allows streamers to put their music on a separate audio channel from their mic, for the broadcast.

Viewers will receive an additional music mute / unmute button.

Now viewers can turn off overstimulating music or listen to their own music. Great for folks with auditory processing disorders, or hard of hearing who need to focus on voice alone.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. As moderator you're able to delete chat messages but I recently learned that you'll want to delete your own message as well if for example something isn't relevant anymore.

Since this idea has a risk of abuse among regular viewers, it should only be for moderator's OWN messages.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I need to filter out certain chatbots so I can see user messages better and not miss them. There is a /block feature but that one still shows the messages since I am the moderator of my own chat obviously. A simple /ignore function would be great that just hides the user from chat regardless of moderation status. This would make it much easier to read busy chats and not miss user messages when there is a flood of bot messages.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When you have to cancel your stream and you want to let your followers know you need to go to instagram twitter and discord to update people.

Wouldnt it be nice that when you click Cancel stream in your schedule you could write a little message and that that will show up on your channel. Like a pop up when some one goes to it.
    Not everyone is on social media as well.
    I feel like this could be a neat feature!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?