Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When you get gifted a sub, you can't subscribe by yourself that month, so you lose the chance to get the Founder Badge. So instead, the badge should apply to all types of subscribing.

For example you find a new streamer, you want to sub to it but someone gifts you a sub before having the chance to do it. Later, they get over 10 subscribers so you lose the chance to have the founder badge (even though you were one of the first 10).

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Instead of the default icon for a VIP badge, allow me to upload an image for my users' VIP badge to show. For instance I give VIP badges to people who have won tournaments that I've broadcast on my channel. I'd like to make the VIP badge icon be a trophy.

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. If you gift 100 subs and they run out, your badge disappears forever unless you gift a sub every month. But if you gift 1 bit, in 5 years you will still have that (ugly) bit badge. That sounds unfair to me. Make the sub gift badges permanent, or make it so that it will stay 1 month for every sub gifted (so for 10 gifted subs get the 10 gift subs badge and keep it for 10 months).

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Artists who draw Twitch emotes have contributed so much to the Twitch community yet receive so little recognition on Twitch for all their work.

It'd be nice if these artists could received some sort of "Global Paintbrush Badge" as recognition for all the hard work they put into creating emotes for Twitch users to use.

A suggestion is that after an artist has designed emotes for a certain number of channels (e.g., after designing for 50 channels, they're considered a "verified emotes artist") they can receive the badge. This could be something that artists have to apply for after which…

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. As a lot of streamers are probably aware there are a lot of people who came by streams at the start who may have subscribed and got the founder badge but no longer show up, this means people who do still show up but missed out on the badge due to being the 11th sub etc can not have it, or if a partners channle 26th sub cannot have it.

I think the streamer having the ability to remove the founder badge from a user and have it go to the next available user would be very beneficial so they…

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A badge that shows who are the most active chatters of all time in your stream will be awesome. As chatters are so important to streamers, streamers really appreciate chatters. So there should be a badge that shows the top 10 most active chatters of all time. As this will highlight the people that are always engaging with the streamer and putting their time into your streams.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I think it should be possible to toggle the Founder Badge off on your channel, I'd love to show off my custom sub badges to new potential subs but most of the people subbed have the founder one.

It makes sense to have the Founder Badge when you have heaps of subscribers, but when you have around 10-15 active subs per month most of them are going to have the Founder Badge and not your custom Sub Badge... Again, streamers should have the choice to either keep them active or disable them and re-enable them sooner or later.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Light and Dark mode are native features to Twitch but certain colours or designs don't translate well to both palettes unless you add a stroke, drop shadow or some kind of accenting design around the icon.

At 18x18 pixels that's a lot of real estate to lose at such a small scale..

My proposal is simple. Allow people to upload altered versions of sub icons that display well in Dark Mode.

I currently have a design I like but it can't work in both modes. If I were able to upload one with white portions and the other with black…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I wanted to make a suggestion about the menu on the left side of the screen with all the people I follow. If you added my current subscription badge next to the channel name, it would catch peoples attention more and make them more involved in the channels they subscribe to (or got gifted subs). There have been many times that I even forgot that I had a subscription to a certain channel.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Partners have worked really hard to earn the benefits that they get. More than emote, personal bit badges, personal bit emotes, etc they earned what they get & I am happy for them & don't wanna take that from them in any way. The one thing they get to have that I think affiliates should get to have is sub badges past the one year mark. Let's be fair. There are a LOT of streamers now. With so many people out there the odds of becoming a partner are a bit slimmer than they were before. It could take awhile…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Let's say that you have been sub to a channel for 5 years and cheered total of 100000 bits.

It would be great to have the ability to choose what badges to use in front of your name from all badges you have unlocked on the channel, for example if you like 2 year sub badge more than 5 year badge you could just change it and same with bits you could use 75000 badge instead of 100000 badge.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Having different sub badges for people of different sub lengths is really cool but sometimes you really like your sub badge but your enter the next bracket so you have to go with a higher up one that you think is less cool.
    I think it would be better if you had the option to use any of the sub badges up to what you have reached

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Emote artists go so unrecognized and under-valued in Twitch streams. Would be amazing if they were given a special global badge after they designed a certain number of approved emotes. The Partnered/Affiliated streamer would confirm they designed the emote, Twitch would of course review it, have the artist provide a portfolio, make sure it is their actual work.

It would allow the artist to get recognition while they are in the Twitch channel for the emotes they designed, as well as allow other Streamers to find someone they can ask for design services.

It could work either globally or maybe…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I love the idea of the Founders Badge. However, I don't like that they can be "taken" and "gone" by those who only sub for that first initial period, and then never resubscribe again - yet you have someone who subscribed early (maybe not the first 10/25), and continue to resubscribe. It seems unfair to that consistent supporter.

My idea is that the Founders Badge can have an expiration date for those who have it but do not resubscribe, give those who consistently support with a sub every month an opportunity to be recognized as one of regular founded supporters…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The Founder's Badge is a great addition to Twitch, but as a small channel it's annoying that I can't turn it off. I paid a friend to make me some sub badges and I love them, but all my subs are classed as founders so no-one can see them!

I'm aware that you can turn the Founders Badge off on a per user basis, but it would be excellent if we could turn them off on a per channel basis.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I think the first 1st Sub badge is a really good idea, but i feel like there should also be a 1st follower badge to show the people that have been there since u have have started, so maybe a badge for the 10 or 20 followers of each channel to show that they have been supporting from the very beginning as maybe they are not to subscriber to show support but still followed u at the very start.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It'd be great if streamers could assign specific badges for these roles that match the theme of their channel.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I've seen lots of ideas to allow the streamer to disable the founder badge in favour of the regular/custom sub badges, but i think it would be REALLY REALLY useful to add a feature that lets the VIEWER switch between the founder and normal/custom sub badge, in the same why people with more than 3 available badges can switch them on and off. PLEASE consider?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Is there a planned feature where we're able to see who is eligible for Founders status in our channel whether they're subbed or not, or if we're able to change who gets Founder status? (ex: if you banned a Founder, could the badge go to the next person in line)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. make it where streamers have an option to give badges to there community members which could say resemble their graphic designer so they can make more people stand out instead of jut vips

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?