Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

28 results found

1. Please make spotify available when streaming from ps4, beacause everytime i start streaming spotify becomoes unavailable. And background music is the only thing i think is missing to make ps4 streams more enjoyeable for the viewers.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Music  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello! My question is, since Twitch have a Spotify integration/extension, why have it if we are going to get DMCA. We pay for the licence to stream music and pay the artists for their work buy buying a subscription. Why don't you work with labels and spotify to have it so if you like your spotify to twitch, any music played via the app is free from demonetisation and copyright free if we are showing that we have paid for said music to be streamed? Twitch soundtrack doesn't always work because sometimes streams need music on them in certain scenarios…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Music  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Seeming some songs on Spotify are blocked by Twitch due to copyright issues perhaps we could get an app or something where we can put a URL for a Spotify playlist and it checks wither a song would be blocked or not, this way we could tailor playlists to be free of copyright infringement but still suit the vibe and style of our streams. Sadly there is nothing we can check songs against at present so this would be a great way to work it.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Music  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There is a lot of commotion about the DMCA thing so why not make a function so that viewers can listen to the same music as the streamers on Spotify and Youtube Music, maybe Soundcloud also. There is already a watch party function for Prime Video so why not do something similar for music so streamers and viewers can enjoy music together without worrying about copyright infringement.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Music  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The Problem:
    Streamers split audio to separate their music so they can not be DMCA'd. This means on videos the streams can be very silent where as during the live stream there was music playing. While the feature improved livestreams by allowing for streamers to not have to worry about DMCA with the music they play, but it hurt those that watch videos.

The Solution:
    I believe a good fix to this solution is to allow for integration of Spotify such that while the streamer is streaming, if they are using Spotify to play songs they can integrate their songs…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. How about integrating Spotify into Twitch streams, so that creators can start listening to their spotify playlist, which will be linked some tickbox to toggle whether you want to hear the music as well. That way, since it would require all users to have a Spotify account, it wouldn't be a DMCA violation. At the very least, it should help some aspects of this widespread issue and make it easier for creators to safely integrate music to their streams.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Spotify, YoutubeMusic and other platforms are able to provide licenced music via a 'fee for service' model, with pricing typically around the $12-16 price point.

Twitch's platform adds another layer of 'complexity' here, in that the music played would be heard by more than the single user to whom it is licenced under a standard subscription fee. In almost all case studies for music on streaming platforms, the main problem highlighted is the plays/count and artists not being compensated accordingly.

Suggestion 1:
    Twitch provides a subscription based service enabling users to play mainstream music, without restrictions. This fee would perhaps/logically…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Twitch needs to work on fixing the bot that identifies what music is being played on stream. 3 Completely separate nights I listened to the same Copyright Free Streamer friendly music and all 3 nights the bot identified different "musicians" that I was playing and muted my audio. The reason I put musician in quotations is because EVERY TIME I go and check on what is listed as the copyrighted material, it is ALWAYS someone that has sampled another ACTUAL artists music and slapped a copyright on this stolen work to make illegitamite claims on music that does not belong…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please create a way for my viewers to sign in with their spotify accounts and listen to the same playlist I am on spotify. Either browser extension or on site solution would be fine. But I'm already paying for licencing to all this music. I'm sure everybody else is paying for spotify too. Why not partner with Spotify to set this up and solve the issue with DMCA music once and for all on twitch? --- To be clear what this looks like, is when you show up to a streamers strum, you will be presented with a popup or…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Just saying spotify for this example, but it could be any music streaming platform.

Twitch team would have to work with spotify to accomplish this.

-Streamer can control what everyone hears. (Except volume, and maybe some restrictions on how much they can skip so it's not jarring on the viewers)
    -Viewers can thumbs up or down songs, if too many thumbs downs occur in a small amount of time, in contrast to thumbs ups, the song is skipped, or a skip request is sent to streamer. Feature can be disabled to prevent abuse.
    -Song request queue. Viewers can request songs,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would love to see a feature or extension that allows for you to sync your Spotify and Amazon Music.

Currently the Amazon Music extension is not 100% you need to login and listen and the problem is you have to listen on another device meaning if you are listening on your PC your viewers will hear the music not only that they need to opt into the extension to hear it.

If there was a better feature for example something under the streamer or to the left of the video quality options much like the soundtrack one we could…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I want to play music through my twitch stream (copyright free of course) to fill in quiet gaps since i'm new to streaming. I think this could help boost streams on your platform and could help new streamers out. I'm currently playing through my Amazon Alexa and it is really loud through the house and I cannot play it through Playstation otherwise I would do that too. Thank you for your time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Why not extend to Prime Music the same application that Prime Video has? There is a lot of channel categories that usually play songs, but their VODs are partially muted. A feature that gives access to parts of the live when the session group starts for those who are the channel subs and/or prime subscribers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Music  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Music is integral to the social-experience. It creates an ambience for an intimate setting, helps the tone of the stream take form to more consistently help people fit in with a streamers' chat, and helps promote artsists.

With that in mind, and MANY channels dedicated to music on your platform, you could, realistically, call upon creators to send in submissions for music they created with legally purchased licenses. Since established labels won't let music be enjoyed, make your own.

Other places with such content creation are Bandcamp and Soundcloud, both of which would fall head-over-heels if they could partner with…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Maybe using audible magic to identify music and pay royalties and display the appropriate ad banners with where to buy (could reduce costs because its giving back to soundtrack)

alot like when i watch zelda i get ads to buy zelda at the source

theres a cool website like linktr.ee that will make a link with all the places to purchase said music

I posted this years ago but it didnt get much traction

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. So i struggle with getting sections of my stream muted. i quote "Audio for portions of this video has been muted as it appears to contain copyrighted content owned or controlled by a third party."

What i really want to highlight here is "appears" i suspect if someone report this it is fixed by some sort of automated program without cheking. This has happend on several occations at this point for me even tho i do everything by the book, i have a paid subscription to epidemic sound that is linked to twitch and to spotify, with that sub i…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. se puede usar Amazon music en los directos sin el riesgo de ser baneado? estaria bien que nos dejarais poner musica a traves de amazon music asi hacer mas entretenidos los directos. Gracias

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be nice to be able to have a one button integration to go to apple music store, or amazon music.
    The bandcamp store also needs to be included

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I recently found a loophole with your Soundtrack plugin that allows anyone to use Spotify without any DMCA takedowns/risks. The Soundtrack FAQ states that Voicemeeter is not compatible with Soundtrack, which isn't totally true. If people have Voicemeeter set up in a way that their mic, desktop audio, Spotify audio, etc are in different sources, they can turn those different sources into different tracks. That is how my OBS is set up. Now if I use the plugin, I can make every one of those tracks EXCEPT the SPOTIFY source go into track 6, not allowing the Spotify to go…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Music  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The Advanced Audio Mixer seems like a good idea, but even though I'm crediting artists and clearly showing that I'm using Spotify for my music, my video are being muted for using "unlicensed" audio. This is making me want to use the Advanced Audio Mixer to specifically exclude that specific audio from my stream so I can listen to music and still stream without getting my audio turned off. Except, there is no option to choose Spotify as an Audio Source to add it to the exclusion list!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?