Creators and Stream Features

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I think a user-profile option to disable automatic joining of a raid would be a useful feature. Some channels have various reasons or incentives to staying in offline chat and sometimes you can't catch the whole stream and can't opt-out of the raid.

112 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The new /raid feature is great for channel networking as hosting has always been, but both can be problematic for many viewers. It would be convenient for the User Settings page to be updated with a set of opt out settings for both raids and hosts. If a user opts out of raids, they will be considered to automatically click "Leave" at the end of any raid countdown timer. If they opt out of hosts, hosted channels will not load unless the viewer intentionally presses the "Play" button.

Raids and Hosting present problems for:

1) Temporarily AFK viewers during the…

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Give an option to flag your twitch that you're ending soon and wish not to be the target of a raid. Often times I see streamers get raided close to when they would be ending and are put in a position to have to either a) stream longer than they wanted to or b) be overly apologetic out of guilt, especially if it was a sizable raid. I think it would make a nice feature for the creator dashboard quick actions.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Raids  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Recently Twitch may have pushed an update so that raid alerts only activate if there are at least 5 people in the raid. People only learnt about this after a streamer sent a support ticket in about the issue for their own channel, and was responded with "You will need more viewers for the notification to be sent out." On top of this, they may have also pushed an update that ignores hosts of 1 person in the past. Since we only have a mans word and a few pictures to work with, there's no guarantee that this is a…

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Raids at any point during a stream can significantly alter the statistics for that stream over time, and changes the meaning of those statistics. As such they ought to be represented on the graph on the Stream Summary page.

For example, the bar representing the 5 min chunk where a raid occurred should be a different color than the rest, and hovering over it, which now brings up "Average Viewers: #" should also include "Raid (username): #"

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. if a channel host raids another channel it will switch your url which will delete chat history as well some channels have "This room is in 10 minutes followers-only mode." so some raiders can't raid

1 having the option of turning off raids for a certain channel your in so you don't get auto switched or turning it off completely for all raids because maybe you like switching to a different channel then join a raid.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. this new thing that raids dont count unless you bring 5 or more viewers is a damaging decision towards smaller streamers trying to make their way up raiding people with 3 or 4 was how i built a viewer base in the first place and now if i dont have enough people its like we dont even matter these decisions on behalf of twitch are slowly making it seem that twitch is only Partner centric and not caring about any other streamers but partners

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Give us a way to set a list of streams we do or do not wish to receive raids from.

Currently the only options for limiting raids are

Allow all raids,
    Only allow raids from friends, teammates, and followed channels,
    & Block all raids.

Occasionally raids from particular communities my prove disruptive for the receiving community, and we may not wish to take the step of banning the streamer outright. Being able to specify specific streams we do or do not wish to receive raids from would allow us a greater deal of control without resorting to the heavier step…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When ending stream and raiding another streamer, let us suggest or adjust the volume for everyone joined in the raid. I'd love to be able to raid and set everyone's volume to like 10% on the stream we visit. If they are awake, they can adjust it back themselves. If they are asleep, they won't be disturbed. (Maybe don't let the volume adjust take effect if the viewer has the stream muted already).

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. My idea is to have a stream that is running basically 24/7 that simply plays sounds that allow viewers to continue sleeping. A lot of viewers fall asleep to streams, and it would be nice to have a stream to raid that would allow viewers to continue sleeping peacefully. These sounds could include simple things such as light rain, or lo-fi music. The stream would have a night time image so the viewers screens are not bright as well. This would allow viewers who have fallen asleep to continue sleeping in peace.

I would also like to add that I…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?