Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

262 results found

1. We are mostly aware that twitch ignores viewers with a volume that is set to less than 10%, marking them as not a viewer and excluding them from drops. We cant always mute the site if we are watching multiple streams and viewers need to be able to control their experience.

It would be MUCH more usable if there was a visual indication on the volume control to show when it is set to below 10%.. like make it red or something.

It is not fair to force viewers to have audio set to a volume that TWITCH determines, unless…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I love that the banner at the top of chat can show one or the other, but I can never fully decide which to display. It would be great if it could slowly transition between the two every couple of minutes or so. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. So, perhaps a stream category to start off with a little ham radio emoji, I think the perfect loophole that is not a translator and is a pretty decent resume to "onboard" certain choice broadcasts is to backseat a LIVE RADIO online stream, or broadcast.. I'd say acquire those copyrights, but I don't know that there is any language ever written about it. So how it would help the community is that, there's a wall missing with live radio broadcasts; you don't see anybody... There can be 100s of thousands listening at a time, and your viewer count doesn't translate.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Clip with link to post by the streamer or mod that would display in stream video part (not in the comments section). It would be good to be able to resize the link and move it to different parts of the display, so it will not cover part of the screen they want to be open. Reason for this is to clip a response to a common question during a stream is to avoid repeating answering a question that is being asked over and over again, so they can continue with hosting their stream. This will be displayed in the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When I thought I was discussing with the mod about my status about a channel I thought I was "off the mic". But apparently the mod conversation was "on a live mic".

There should be a username@twitch.tv email address to do long conversations with a streamer that are not meant to be looked at immediately on the air, live.

That way, if you want to discuss a permanent ban for one incident that was not clearly spelled out, and make your case, you can do it without risk of it being weaponized.

There should be a difference between "premeditated" acts…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. With Soundtrack by Twitch it's very easy to have a fully separate audio track that will apply to clips and the VOD. My request as a viewer would be to have a toggle in the advanced player options so you can listen to the VOD audio instead, if available. Example: https://i.imgur.com/1k0Ap1W.png

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow streamers and viewers to watch more than one stream at a time. I am currently unaware of any platform that offers this. This will allow communities to grow even faster and set twitch apart from the competition.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A talent show! One of the most simple, yet iconic events from media all around the world! But how does one go about setting up an event with so many people involved? Filtering. Categorize the highlights of one's talents within a group of 10 or so categories and give each participant one minute. The stream would be broadcast from a central channel for each category and participants would be named at the end of their performance (never at the beginning because if people don't catch the beginning of a performance they like, they'll surely stay till the end).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Would it be possible to implement an option on the viewer side to have only the streamer's voice and not the general sound of the stream?
    Let me explain.
    It would be necessary that when a stream is broadcast via OBS (or other) that a second stream is sent, a sound channel that would contain only the streamer's microphone.
    Of course, this feature should also be implemented on the streaming software side. (OBS, XSplit etc..)
    What is the use of this feature?
    During live shows where several streamers are playing together, we sometimes want to use the "multitwitch" function to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Здравствуйте. Просьба, заходя через браузер в личный кабинет своего аккаунта Twitch, сделайте кнопку остановить трансляцию.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Whenever someone joins the stream you can set a video to play before the user actually sees the stream. It would only play once per stream (so that someone who closed the stream and reopened it wouldn’t have to watch it again).

This could be really useful to give viewers context on what the stream is (like quick run down on the rules for a tournament, or some backstory as to what it happening on stream). It could also be used to have a spoiler warning before the user actually watches the stream.

The video would have to have a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Having a bot like DashBot would be a good name that people would setup commands and currencies etc on, like StreamLabs only on a tab on the dashboard. I think this would be a huge improvement!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have you ever, in a stream with multiple streamers, saw one streamer you dont like and you really don't want to hear his voice or what the s*** he is talking about. It could be very cool to have something, like an overlay, where you can mute this streamer and enjoy the stream without hearing him talk.
    That could be a very good feature and make enjoyable streams with multiple streamers, even if one is unbearable. I dont know how it could be made, maybe by asking streamers to use a special vocal plugin ? With a Partnership with Discord…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There should be a way to only allow twitch users who follow your channel to see your stream. Anyone not following will not be allowed to view the stream

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Right now the only options we have for flagging stream content is to mark our stream as for adult audiences only. There are times when my stream isn't necessarily 18+, but it might contain harsh language or a violent game or what have you. I would like to be able to communicate that to my audience via something akin to TV Parental Guidelines (TV-G, TV-PG, TV-MA, etc) on a stream-by-stream basis, rather than having a blanket on/off switch for what is and is not an adult stream. I think parents who have kids who watch Twitch would also appreciate being…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Pre-roll video after the pre-roll Ad

This is important to discuss. With the way the web is with not only sponsored content that needs to be clear and unavoidable for all viewers on the platform that need to know that something is sponsored. We need this feature to protect creators from US law makers that enforce and create policy changes month by month. I would like a feature that after the pre-roll ad. I can place a short video before the stream appears informing the viewer that the stream has sponsored content. That the stream is not safe for audiences…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I think twitch should come up with a way for viewers to earn currency of some sort to donate to the stream for them to get more viewers similar to how mixer does with what they call sparks. I feel it would be nice for small streamers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. streamers can party stream with other streamers so the community can see everything that is happening, can we make a way for the community to do the same.
    i have several streamers that i watch and a few of these streamers come on at the same time.
    so having the ability to watch all of these streams all at the same time will help me keep up with the streamers i like.
    it can be just like the streamer version of a party stream, but the users add who they want to there party just to watch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create a filter to see streamers of a single country and also give streamers option to place a "Button" to show their country of origin and that same button when clicking on it will link to the Browse section of the chosen country and/or open a new tab doing the same process.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. As per title.

Subs are generally granted more leniency in chats. It would be practical to identify the subs that genuinely financially contribute with Paid and Prime subs over the free gifted subs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?