Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

262 results found

1. I would love to see something bought in so that creators can see the stats of their channel points ~ How many people are using which ones (essentially see how popular each Redemption is) so we can decide which ones are the favourites

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We currently have the Block Hyperlinks option in our Moderation Setting BUT moderators, admins, and VIPs can still post links and that is where a streamer's choices end.

I suggest that streamers should have more versatile options when it comes to controlling links and permissions of who can post links such as:

• Being able to choose if moderators, admins, and VIPs can post links.

• Only allowing specific roles to post links.

• Only allowing specific users to post links.

• Only allowing specific users and/or roles to post links for certain amount of time.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If I am a Twitch Turbo subscriber then I should have access to the VODs on streamers channels where they only allow subscribers to view the VOD. The message is something along the lines of "This video is only available to subscribers". I think Twitch Turbo users should also be able to view the VOD.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. This would be a simple little thing to add to make a streamers life easier while streaming just by simply adding the ability to make a key blind for the snooze button would be great and would help in ways such as not interrupting live game play like if you were about to defeat a boss i ask that you add this in the near future just as a little thing to make are life's easier

Thank you <3

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The most basic idea is if I have two or three friends and we want to watch a stream from our own homes together we would have to link a stream and then we'd chat about it in discord or wherever, because if it's a big stream we dont want to have to find each others chats.

It'd be cool to have a friends list on Twitch and be able to form Guilds/Parties/Raids and not have it be attached to a stream.

This could obviously be expanded on and all kinds of rewards or tiers to unlock depending on how…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. While streaming content, could a streamer gate their content and possible DMA content with a black box or animated box over the content they're streaming? Let's say a streamer wants to watch a video that isn't part of Twitch.tv but is sharable via stream. If that content was paid for and isn't free to all persons, there would be a box placed over that content. The streamer could then create a code for the viewers that unlocks the content window the streamer wants to share.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 - Week Straight or 24 hour stream should include monetization feature regardless of of follower count

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hosting was and still is an invaluable community tool. To remove it and not provide its actual functionality to raids is extremely anti-user. Raiding does not provide the same experience that many users enjoyed about Hosting. Hosting provided a local community the chance to enjoy larger streamers/events without being forced to chat in a 10k+ chat box.

Twitch chose to deprecate Hosting because it was a confusing user experience, but I think they can easily come up with a newer, stream-lined Hosting system for smaller streamers to enjoy larger content with their own chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Now I suggesting that making reward system, like channel-point system, but not automatically distributed.
    A rough idea I can offer is that "channel-medal" system (named for example), at first, some channel-medals are given to streamer, and
    the streamer or its moderators can distribute channel-medal to certain viewer as many as they like. All viewers can see any other viewer quantity of channel-medals.
    This might effects like a VIP badge, but VIP badge is not able to given more than fixed number, so channel-medal is more easily and flexibly dealt with its amounts.
    I hope that the system will make viewers…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. im not a streamer but most of the times i love to stream for my friends only, like i dont want anyone else to watch or follow or even chat. like i would love to have private stream, after all i just stream for a friend, im not a streamer or intend to be.

but ive gained followers but i only stream for 1 friend. i do hope to see personal accounts or locking the stream via code or sending a request to watch, twitch is for all

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How about if some little things would become more controllable and customizable for the viewer. In streams (of course if the streamer would turn on this feature) you would be able to control more of what you see on your screen. For example, facecams. Depending on the game facecams can be a bit on the way of the gameplay. Streamers do their best to position it in the best positon and size possible but what if that was in the viewers hands and it would be even easier for the streamer. The streamer would be able to record his/her face…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Audio volume can be a huge headache to tweak, because there are so many moving parts involved-- (in-game audio settings, capture settings, mic settings, etc) and what the streamer hears isn't always what viewers hear. Streaming software displays your audio levels in real time, but not everybody understands what this means for your actual output.

This leads to some streams having good mic/game balance but being whisper-quiet without realizing, or streams where the streamer KNOWS an adjustment is needed, but gets mixed feedback from viewers about how much to change. It also means a lot of trial and error for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hello Twitch,

You tell us that using third-party sites to watch multiple Twitch streams at the same time is detrimental to our chat experience. I totally understand the sense of loyalty and fidelity we must have towards you, but to be honest, I expected better.

Watching multiple streams at the same time would allow us to stay in touch with multiple communities at the same time and not miss any highlights. So why not? Creating the Squad Stream system was a good initiative to follow several streamers on a common game. But if you are so keen to keep us…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. On my channel, I am used to replacing emotes and badges when come Christmas or Halloween.
    It is a very long process because I have to re-upload badges.

It would be very helpful for a lot of streamers to have badges collection like for emotes to easily switch between them.

Moreover, with an API we could use scripts to automatically change the selected emotes and badges. It would save us a lot of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Be able to live stream anime, movies, tv's shows when using Xbox consoles and Playstation consoles.

Be able to live stream tv shows and movies from Crunchyroll, animation, Netflix, Amazon prime videos, etc...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In the recent Canadian Fear of Bill C-11 can streamers get an option to block their streams from being watched in canada/other countries to prevent our analytics being destroyed?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Intro:

Starting to stream from PlayStation 5 gives insight to how streaming can be expanded toward unexplored territory.

Here is a simplified "Blueprint" lacking important parts (intentionally) needed to be considered and evaluated by Twitch.

I made thes "blueprint" just to give an idea on what can be explored.

It's worth to mention i streamed from PlayStation 5 for a 1,400+ hours trying to grow organically relying on streaming different games only and It's near impossible let me tell you that.

i think i have a good qualifying experience to present a new ideas to improve streaming.

---

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Instead of monetizing via ad's charge the streamer for the ability to stream.

At the moment there is no risk involved in streaming for the streamer which just produces a lot of low-quality streams without effort from the streamer. These people have nothing to lose.

Instead, charge EVERY streamer 1 US cent per minute to stream ($0.60 USD per hour). Streamers have a "Twitch Wallet" which they can credit with Credit Card or Paypal. The cost of a stream is automatically debited from their wallet.

Give every streamer the choice to run ads or accept subscriptions/donations. Streamers keep 100% of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Streamers struggle with the problem of the "when should I stream" question.

Inherently, there's a lot of variables around that; and, of course, your ACTUAL viewers tend to watch you on your schedule. However, an analytic that tries to help them find an ideal time to even experiment or "find missed viewers" with would be very helpful.

Consider this:

• You have 10,000 followers.
    • How many of them actively engage and use Twitch?
    • Do they even watch you anymore?
    • When are they watching? (AKA - Are you missing opportunities because of the timing, and not the game?)
    • Are there hot spots?…
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Need a short way to disable inbound raids for a nominated number of minutes.
    Proposed use-case: Im streaming and I know I will end in say 10 mins. It benefits no-one if a raid-in occurs during that last10 mins. Being able to issue a short command to temporarily disable Allow raids would be quite utility in nature
    At the end of the time specified the raid settings as per channel settings would be restored

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?