Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

262 results found

1. Give streamers/mods the possibility to create quizzes that involve viewers' participation; ideally for pre-shows, but not only.
    Similar to bets, questions must appear in the chat, and everyone can participate.

How it works:

CREATION

The streamer/mod compiles preliminary information about the quiz:
    - A descriptive title for the quiz
    - A participation fee (in channel points).
    - The maximum number of winners. Default is 3. At least 1. (see below for prize computation)
    Then, the streamer/mod compiles a "list" of questions. Each question must have:
    - A description (the question itself). Differently from bets, questions can be longer than 60…

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. My idea is that there should be better ways to be able to promote new streamers on twitch. because on twitch it self if you try to promote yourself streamers will chat ban or banned in general. there should be like a button or something like that, that you can press to promote and you can pay to promote yourself for however long or use amazon prime that has a set time limit that comes with prime. anything like that would be great because ive been streaming everyday and the only viewers i get is just friends and ive thought…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Merhaba benim fikrim
    Twitch yayıncıları ve izleyicilerin birbirleri ile vs atabilecekleri bir oyun yapmak tarayıcı tabanlı olacak ve izledikçe kazandığımız puanlar ile oyuna bağlanılacak csgo gibi ama daha minimalist fps bir vs oyunu herkes puanlarını ortaya koyarak vs ye katılıyor yayıncıya karşı 1 vs 100 yada yayıncının belirlediği sayıda kişiyle vs atacak yayıncı 25 can vuracak izleyiciler 1 vuracak herkesin 100 canı olacak yayıncının 200 yayıncı kazanırsa sona kalan kişinin puanları 10 a katlanacak eğer izleyiciler kazanırsa koydukları puanı 2ye katlayacak bu şekilde yayınlarda etkileşim artacak lütfen fikrimi beğenirseniz benimle iletişim kurmayı unutmayın böyle işler yapmak çok isterim

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I feel that a channel should have full control of the number of VIPs. A channel can have an unlimited number of Moderators but a max of 100 VIPs. Several channels choose to turn its VIPs into moderators just because they hit their limit and not because they want the VIP to do moderation actions.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Now that hosting is gone, after a raid, there's no evidence of where everybody went.

If your browser fails to raid, or if you get your notification too late, it's a ghost town.

If you put your raided channel at the top of your Suggested list and enable the options, then it will show up on your page, which is almost like hosting, and better than nothing.

But, it's difficult to do, especially if you have a long list of suggested/autohost streamers. You have to type the channel name and then drag it to the top of the list. Very…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. At some point Twitch introduced a feature to edit/remove inactive founders which was implemented for 24 hours and then removed because automatic notification e-mails were being sent out to people removed. It was stated this featured would be fixed and re-implemented

I have several founders who are banned/inactive that I would like to reallocate to active members of my community, could this PLEASE be re-instated

In addition to this I have 3 very active members of my community who are lifetime subscribers at Tier 3 but don't get the opportunity to share their resubscription every month like everyone else, can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Twitch needs to implement a community tab feature like YouTube has. Where streamers can update their viewers on schedule changes, announcements, etc. instead of hoping that your Twitch followers also follow you on another social media platform. This would be a HUGE positive addition because us streamers can keep our viewers up to date with anything that changes within our schedule. Please consider.

216 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make it so that multiple streamers can stream on the same account at the same time, the two streams can be viewed at the same time or separately, I would also like to propose a easier way to partner with other accounts, so like form a group.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There seems to be a glitch ... maybe? When you clip, say 2 short version of a stream clip, and tab out, the editing part of a twitch clip locks the view when you use the yellow slider to get more or less of said clip.
    In other words. I can not shorten or preview clips once you go away and come back. OR. When you move the slider around it disables viewing or hearing or reducing the clip made
    0_o
    make sense?
    : ) ty

(also add a way to sort clips by alphabetical order or a search bar…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I love the first time chatter notification. I would LOVE a notification for returning chatters that have been gone for a set time based on streamer preference by week, month, 6 months, etc. For example if a viewer hasn't been active in chat for 1 month it would send a "Returning chatter" notification when the viewer chats. This would be beneficial for mid size streams that prioritize their community engagement.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When you have to cancel your stream and you want to let your followers know you need to go to instagram twitter and discord to update people.

Wouldnt it be nice that when you click Cancel stream in your schedule you could write a little message and that that will show up on your channel. Like a pop up when some one goes to it.
    Not everyone is on social media as well.
    I feel like this could be a neat feature!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Instead of phasing out Bits with “Cheer Coin” and rendering existing integration useless, create a Tip/Dono page that forwards to PayPal with chargeback protection.

This way a new way of supporting a creator can be integrated and enhance the user experience, as less clicks through third-party sites mean more tips generated and the proposed revenue split for “Cheer Coin” can be integrated, as well as a visual representation for a Tip/Donation goal that counts towards Boost Trains.

This would make Twitch Tips as the preferred method for PayPal transactions while protecting the streamers from negative balances, that “Cheer Coin” could…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I was thinking having a button to say go live for streamers, so they can check it everything is working before going live. Like the microphone, webcam, sound etc first. Also the limiting lag time of chat too

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Perhaps add a new role ( channel admin ) and allow a way for them to be paid, weekly - bi-weekly or monthly. Also, see channel activity etc. It's too difficult to pay moderators and track them fairly. So making an official way to pay them fairly would be much appreciated. Please comment with your thoughts on how this could be done.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Twitch should really consider further gamifying the growth process for streamers on the platform and add 1-2 more tiers/major milestones in between Affiliate & Partner. This will incentivize continued channel growth as the streamers work to reach their goals (and as a by-product add more revenue to the platform), and assist in preventing them from "dropping off" due to burnout or "grinding for hours" in general, which is an ongoing issue. These milestones can also add value to the stream from a viewer's perspective because there is a certain excitement in watching a creator reaching their goals and knowing that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be incredibly helpful to be able to view a user's username history, in order to maintain community safety. The feature used to exist via a third party and was invaluable for moderators on larger channels when processing unban requests.

Since twitch only logs old chat messages to a certain point, for older channels it can be difficult to find out why a person was banned previously. Much of the time we have to trust the user to respond with previous usernames so we can search our own mod messages/google sheets for past bans, but obviously this isn't reliable.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hello to you!

As I was receiving a lot of Spotify links from my community, I had a little idea in the back of my head.

Why not improve the Twitch Embeds display. To be honest, I only based it on content Spotify already created from scratch, but I'd rather propose it anyway, even if it means a probably obvious refusal regarding the intellectual property/copyright on this piece of code.
    By the way, this suggestion is duplicated at Discord feedback as well.

Theoretically, it would look like this. The background would obviously take the primary color of the channel, with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Now that subathons and other long streams are trending on Twitch there's a need for feature to notify your followers that you're live during the stream!

Issue currently is that you need to stop your stream and restart it so the followers get notified that your stream is live! For example for subathon this is a big issue because you'll lose viewers when doing this.

Now my suggestion is to give streamer and their trusted mod(s) a chance to announce that the stream is live without stopping the stream! It could be available once in ~24 hours so it doesn't…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add the possibility to show on the panel or stream the community challenge

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. At the moment it is only possible to enable/disable creating clips on the channel. If creating is disabled, the broadcaster can still create clips.

It would be nice if you could select whether only the broadcaster or also editors or moderators can create clips.

Of course you could also include vips or subscribers as additional levels.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?