Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

99 results found

1. I've often found it to be a bit of an annoyance when I have a custom badge (the one that overrides your global badge) set in a channel and then I take some action such as cheering bits of gifting a sub and my custom badge automatically gets updated and then I have to go change it back to what I want it to stay as. I understand the feature in and of itself is nice to have and in many cases I may want the automatic updated badge, but I would like to have an option (ideally on a…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I think it would be cool if streamers could upload custom versions of all badges on their channel. My sub badges have a certain style, I would love to give my founders/mods/vips/topgifters or even my broadcaster badge a custom version in the same style, so my entire chat can have one theme alltogether.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If a broadcaster runs some sort of competition on their channel (like a giveaway or if they are running races or something) the winner of that competition can be assigned a trophy badge which would be kind of like a temporary VIP. There can only be one person that holds the badge at a time, so if another winner comes along you can assign the trophy to that person and it is removed from the previous one.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Badges
    Or something show that special needs or something like and stuff

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can you please make it so if someone loses a founder badge they can still earn it again in the future ?

I had a mishap in my channel, and twitch support there is no way to fix it. I removed a (Deactivated) Founder thinking it was an old inactive user, but it was actually my longest sub and one of my most active viewers (They had a small suspension on twitch and showed up as Deactivated). A complete mistake on my part, but having it be permanent seems out of place and leaves creators no control over situations like…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Moderator speaking here.

I think it would be a nice thing to have various Moderator/Editor Badges that indicate how long this user has been Moderator for this Channel already, Just like with the Sub Badges.

If the Badges vary from little changes in the badge itself that are provided from Twitch itself or are customizable by the Channel Owner or even if the Badge stays the same, and it just adapts to the Sub Badge that when you hover your mouse over the badge that it aside from badge indication also displays the duration next to it, like when you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be a great feature to add "follow time badge". For exaple if someone follows channel for 1, 3, 6, 12 months or 1, 3, 5, 10, 15 years it would be really nice to display user's "follow time badge". This feature will diversify chat and this will increase value of chat's view.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. So I got this idea

How about making badges for those who gift different tiers of subs.
    For example
    If someone were to gift TIER3 sub they would get this shiny ✨ thing on their sub gifter badges
    If they gifted tier2 they’d get the same but for tier2
    And tier1 would just be normal
    People would also be able to choose if they wanted to hide the badge flair or keep it on the sub badge they have

Also another idea for the twitch community
    Emotes for sub gifters
    First sub gifter is just a cute emote but after…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Since there is a badge for emote artists, I think it would be a good idea to have a badge so a streamer can acknowledge video editors in their chat, from my experience a video editor is more likely to work much closer with the streamer than an emote artist, most emote artists do a commision 1 time and never even come into the streamers chat, so why not give video editors a badge too?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Now Twitch allows streamers to remove the founder badge from the users who are no longer part of the community. It's now time for Twitch enables creators to customize the founder & VIP badge for their channels. Like how sub badges, when first become an affiliate, Twitch has a native star badge before you customize it. The same goes with the bit badges, you can also customize that now. It's time to do the same for Founder & VIP. Let's complete the rest. It would make the community chat feels and look more unique and diverse in the world of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. So, Twitch implemented the function to edit the people that have Founders Badges, but promptly removed it within 24hours due to a really bad oversight. I am putting this back up so that Twitch DOES NOT simply forget about this feature in its current poorly half-implemented state.

TLDR: Simply remove the fact that notifications are given to the viewers (no emails, no twitch notifications, NOTHING). Let the streamers do this on their dashboard discretely, or at least give US the option to send the notification.

Also in addition, since it has been proven that the records are there, why not…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a feature that you can change color or the badge of a moderator and vip

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This is a bad idea and should not be implemented we shouldn't be robbing people of their founder badges it is supposed to be a rare and unique thing to get for being the first few to support the channel, not passed around from person to person like a VIP badge please rethink this decision and put back the way it was before

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow us to upload custom badges for subs and gift leaderboard. Doing so will allow us to uniquely differentiate in various chats and would help to match the aesthetics of existing badges and emotes a channel uses.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make it possible for us to unequip a founder badge for certain channels. It is very awkward to have to go to your privacy settings if you want your founder badge off. In certain channels I want to show my founder badge to show how long I've been supporting someone. In others I want to keep it to show that I was one of the first viewers.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The longer a broadcaster streams, chances are that the founder badge loses its meaning. It's likely that your first subs aren't there as often now, so the chance of seeing that badge is less. This affects affiliates more since they can only have 10 founders. Think about an affiliate that has been streaming for a few years. What's the chance that their first 10 subs are still there and active in chat? It's very likely that only a couple of them are active, if any.

I propose that a new badge is created for active chatters, reviewed automatically every quarter…

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The ability to distance yourself from, and be assured that, you can no longer be seen by streamers you may hold a founder entitlement to, could be very important for a lot of people with bad experiences.

Please give the option for people to remove themselves from the new founder badge holder list - this will also free up a slot for that streamer. A win/win.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Being Able to Create custom badges for your channel (only available on this said channel) such as "Content creator" "Artist" "Meme Lord". This would be a nice upgrade of the VIP badge; they would only be aesthetic and would not give any added rights.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If you have 100 vip on channels with "check mark'', you receive universal Gold VIP sign (colored gold instead of pink)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. allow us the peeps to purchase collectable icons like happy birthday ect and have them come out monthly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?