Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation Tools

Please share your suggestions and ideas on improving Twitch's moderation tools. Not a forum for reporting users. If you feel a user is breaking the rules, please use the report system on the site. The report system will inform our group of admins about the issue so it can be properly addressed in a more timely fashion, and provides them with extra, useful info.

To file a report, click the gear icon on the users profile page and select the “report” option. Within the report, please include as much information as you can in a well-formatted report. The easier it is for admins to read, the easier it is to deal with!

Our admin team is online 24/7 and will be able to suspend accounts that break our terms of service.

Moderation Tools

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Users can be banned for plenty of reasons, so them having a way to appeal their ban is completely reasonable. However, if I have both banned and blocked a user, that's very deliberate, and I never want to see them again. That user should not be able to harass me by sending me an unban request.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Capita spesso, specialmente per la prevenzione degli spoiler, di dover bloccare alcune parole chiave. Mettendole però nei termini bloccati si rischia di causare una restrizione eccessiva per gli utenti che si vedranno il messaggio bloccato. Si dovrebbe dare la possibilità ai moderatori di aggiungere termini che verranno messi in coda dall'automod, in modo tale che il mod possa decidere di volta in volta se bloccare o meno il messaggio in relazione al contesto.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. After a certain amount of time (seems random at this point), certain heavily used emotes will disappear out of the channel emotes section.

The only way I know how to fix it is to refresh the entire page. Obviously being a mod I could miss bad actors, so I end up duplicating the tab to be safe.

I know this bug affects other moderators as well, so it isn't just limited to my system.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add the Russian language to AutoMod, because I am a Russian-speaking streamer and I want to add this function, because there are viewers who offend in Russian with profanity in chat and I want AutoMod to delay them in a private message and in a chat. Thank you for understanding.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. How do I even represent the Moderator Assessment System?
    Click on the nick, a number of buttons appear - it is a score system from 0 to 10 and a comment from the viewer, the higher the moderator rating in the global moderator list, the list itself will be displayed on the main screen as a button "Moderator Rating," the more frequent the streamer channel will be, (on which you are the moderator), be displayed in the recommended ones, and the same with a 30% chance to appear on the main screen.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Let mods, or at least mods with editor access, add VIPs to the channel. Or let streamers enable/disable that option for mods. I mod for a few streamers who're part of larger networks, so it'd be great if I could add VIPs myself without having to try and remind the streamer after the stream is over.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have an option with a color palette to modify ONLY THE COLOR of the moderator symbol. So that according to the channel, the moderator icon can combine even more with the channel chat.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I am a moderator in twitch chat and this feedback is in regard to the recent feature that you added to the website that allows people to submit requests to be unbanned.
    A feature that I believe should be added is a cool down period of 2 to 4 weeks in which the person who is banned is not allowed to submit an unban request. As it stands currently users who are banned can submit a request to be unbanned almost immediately and it feels like the band punishment is not as severe as it used to be for that…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. as someone who makes mistakes on the frequent, just because its who i am. i get going forward and dont look back at times to just press on but unfortunetely sometimes i miss something, and want hard proof or evidence of the facts.

Im suggesting that people who are banned be able to create a localised twitch clip on the span of 5 or so minutes to clip of a stream theyre banned for, to allow for the submission of proof in both reports and unban requests.

i know i sometimes forget things, and people cant remember everything all the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. It would be important for those of us who use this medium to share, know and interact with those who broadcast live or with whom we communicate, the moderators are also controlled. Today a moderator banned me and removed from the chat just for fun and it's annoying. I mean, can a moderator delete contacts and I don't know about it and control it? There should be a method to avoid these bad times and thus prevent one from losing interest in the system as well as followers. There should be a mechanism to report them and take away their…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. As per this image

https://imgur.com/a/kmY1Yhy

The "unban request will be reviewed" notification is behind the following sidebar

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. We should be able to customize the

"Enter a reason for your unban" message and "help hints"

Example use case: a channel would describe what they expect the user to do in the field in order to apply for a unban correctly.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. There is a bug in the auto-mod changes showing up in mod actions.
    When I change the auto-mod settings in channel "X" that I mod for, then refresh, they do not appear in the mod action list for channel "X". Not only do they disappear, they appear in the mod actions list on my own personal channel.
    The message in mod actions before I refresh channel "X": AutoMod category level customized by cecikm
    The message in mod actions on my personal channel: AutoMod category level customized by "X"

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ever since July we had to scale down Automod to (lowest) on chat to lowest filtering, and yet the chat language German the automod manges to find and put serval perfectly normal words as held for review... As potential slurs...

For example:
    - Every chat message containing "wenig / weniger" the German words for "few and fewer", "Kleinigkeit" the German word for "small thing", "Abonent/Abonement" the German words for "Subscriber and Subscription", "eine große Anstrengung" German for "a big effort"

Is there any hope of Twitch connecting the set stream language to the the strictness Automod?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. As a moderator I usually use keyboard all the time in Twitch Chat. In Mod-View there is no option to trigger anything different than the default 10min timeout by mouseclick. As a "Chatty" user I am used to bind keyboard shortcuts for actions like Ban [b] / Unban [u] or /timeout 1 [1] /timeout 300 [2] and so on. It would be much easier to get anything similar in Mod-View when a moderator opens the user card.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. With recent changes to the Twitch channel interface on desktop browser, not only is chat hidden by default when opening the channel, but users can be stuck having chat hidden with no way to get it back easily.

If the user changes their window dimensions in such a way as to prompt Twitch to hide chat, they cannot bring it back without first stretching the window to be wide enough that Twitch deigns to display the "Expand" control at the edge of the page to unhide chat.

With recent changes, this control may not be accessible on windows displayed on…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add an option to complete a shout out in the mod menu when a moderator clicks on a user name would cut down on commands needed by content creator etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. So, like blocked terms be held through automod, even tho there blocked terms, let mods chose either they go through or not, so say someone said the blocked term of "Revenge" and mods dont want it to be used one stream, but mayb accept it another stream.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be good to have an option of a 'sort by' on the lists of "Username", "Added by" and "Time Banned".

When you go to your "Banned Users" list (Dashboard > Preferences > Moderation > Banned Chatters) the bans are in a totally random order. This makes it harder to sort out the list.

This will make it much easier to find a banned user, sort out your moderator team and see when you have the most bans, etc.

Thank you for reading and I hope this feature can be added, to give us streamers more flexibility.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I am mod/editor on 5 channels and on 3 of them have Ad-pre roll widget visible on the Stream Manager view and 2 don't. Two of them are Partners and one Affiliate.
    Shouldn't all of them have this widget?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?