Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation Tools

Please share your suggestions and ideas on improving Twitch's moderation tools. Not a forum for reporting users. If you feel a user is breaking the rules, please use the report system on the site. The report system will inform our group of admins about the issue so it can be properly addressed in a more timely fashion, and provides them with extra, useful info.

To file a report, click the gear icon on the users profile page and select the “report” option. Within the report, please include as much information as you can in a well-formatted report. The easier it is for admins to read, the easier it is to deal with!

Our admin team is online 24/7 and will be able to suspend accounts that break our terms of service.

Moderation Tools

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sufrí la expulsión de un Chat al que frecuento y el moderador me dijo no fue él sino algo que hizo Twitch. Escribí la palabra"Negril" que es una playa que está en Jamaica. Negro tiene muchos significados, es un color, es un apellido, y también puede ser una palabra racista por supuesto así que traten de ajustar el robot para que vea el contexto.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. As shown in this image

https://imgur.com/a/wpcMohm

Twitch is not word wrapping the message a moderator leaves for the viewer correctly.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Log who wrote denied messages by Automod or who ran against the Automod Blocked Words list Moderation View...

By the current design you see:

• what was denied/permitted after moderator review.

What you should see:
    - who wrote it...

Taken it is a 10 mins old throw away account: The user gets away unbanned and unreported

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. For the protection of streamers and to ease the duty of mods, it would be helpful to have some type of account grading system in place. For instance, users who have a history of being banned from channels will have a particular account grade assigned to their account.

This account grade will be viewable when a user in chat and/or a mod clicks their user name in chat.

For example, let's use account grades A-F.

Of course a healthy account that hasn't received any account bans from any channels throughout the entire Twitch platform will receive an A grade.

Accounts…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 많은 기회를 줬음에도 불구하고 방송 규칙을 지키지 않아 더이상 그 시청자가 방송을 즐기는 것을 용납하지 못해 강제퇴장을 줬지만 채팅만 못 칠 뿐 방송과 도네는 가능하여 자신의 잘못을 전혀 반성하지 않습니다.
    방송인에게 스트리스를 주어 더이상 보고싶지 않은 시청자인데 방송을 보고 있다고 생각하니 너무 기분 나쁩니다.
    영구퇴장 된 시청자는 더이상 방송에 들어올 수 없게 해주세요

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. This is no an idea this is purely a complaint as every other method of getting in touch about this issue has been ignored and it is really starting to get on my nerves.
    I have had my account since march 2014 but only started streaming in Jan of 2019. In all that time i have never had any issues with my name being auto modded until around 2 months ago when it started to get auto modded everywhere, this ruins my raids, my general interaction in peoples chats because if someone replies to me with my name, one of…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hosts do not show up in mod view activity feed despite there being a checkbox to enable/disable them.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. ich fände es sehr gut wenn man leute die nur am trollen sind komplett bannen könnte... so das sie überhauptnicht mehr auf den stream zugreifen können

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. It would be very cool to be able to customize the color of the mod badge in a certain channel to match sub badges, additional badges, username color, etc. The default green sword doesn't always look that nice and chat would still see the sword icon.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. So I'm not sure in which cases the wildcard-term ban doesn't work correctly, but on a channel I'm moderating we would like to block the "^^" smiley, unfortunately blocking "*^^", "^^*" or "*^^*" doesn't solve the problem. I suspect that there is a general problem with special characters in wildcard terms.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Timeline so can go back to other parts of stream to clip if missed it

Regards,
    System_Pwned

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Had a message come across automod that used the n word, so obviously I denied the message. However, after denying an automod message it is from what I can see lost forever. I wanted to ban the user or at least time them out for a few days with no luck. I feel a sense of urgency with automod notifications so it seemed reasonable to deny it quickly. It would be nice to add denied messages to the log for further moderator action.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The broadcaster should be able to see who made changes to their channel, even if they did not have their Twitch chat or mod view open when the action was taken.

These are moderator actions that should be auditable: such as turning on Slowmode or Subscribersonly, or Pausing a channel points redemption category, or Marking a redemption as Completed or Rejected.

Currently there seems no way to figure out for sure who was responsible for the change: if a moderator makes these changes when the streamer is offline and not connected to chat, Or if the information has scrolled off…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Currently the AutoMod bot does not allow for timeouts, whitelisting of URLs and more. I would love to drop 3rd party bot moderation tools all together, but the current settings of AutoMod do not provide enough features to make it a viable means for moderation.

For instance, non-vips cannot post clips if I block hyperlinks as there is no way to whitelist the URL for it.

Please consider adding more features to AutoMod.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When I open a user's card from the chat, and can see that they've been banned or timed out, each occurrence has a timestamp on it. Make the instance clickable, and have it zoom to that time index in the message log, even if it was month's ago, so I can get context on what they were banned or timed out for.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ignoring users can be very useful to remove negativity from your chat experience. Right now, it is not possible in chats you moderate. Surely it is your task to see negative things and remove them, but sometimes there are people, who are not an issue for chat in general, but for you personally. It would be great to have a switch or command (e.g. /fullignore) to remove these users from your chatting experience once and for all. This could then also remove them from being listed as recommended stream and similar situations.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I think we need some more options to find a more accurate statement about what we are reporting a stream or a VOD for.

The last two times I reported someone, I couldn’t find an option for either something along the lines of ”inappropriate material” or ”harassing other users” which I honestly feel are quite normal things one could report another for.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Report Tool and flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow another wildcard besides * to match just a single character. The catch-all * has a tendency to over-aggressively block desirable messages when used to block a short triggering term

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. G'day fellow moderators!,

So as of late on a mate's stream, one of the other mod's and myself started setting chat to emote only during cutscenes in the game he is playing, decreasing the chance's of story etc being spoiled for him,

However,

Typing it out all the time is starting to feel like a chore, would it be possible to add a toggle button, via the settings cog button at the bottom of chat under mod tools, the same way there is a slow mode toggle for "off/on"?

I think it'd add another effective tool for mod's to help…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?