Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation Tools

Please share your suggestions and ideas on improving Twitch's moderation tools. Not a forum for reporting users. If you feel a user is breaking the rules, please use the report system on the site. The report system will inform our group of admins about the issue so it can be properly addressed in a more timely fashion, and provides them with extra, useful info.

To file a report, click the gear icon on the users profile page and select the “report” option. Within the report, please include as much information as you can in a well-formatted report. The easier it is for admins to read, the easier it is to deal with!

Our admin team is online 24/7 and will be able to suspend accounts that break our terms of service.

Moderation Tools

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Currently, when the Streamer starts "Watch Party mode", Moderator View does not update/adjust for the Watch Party view: WP content as source, Streamer Webcam on top of chat.

I'm unsure if Mod View was overlooked or if this is a bug. It really breaks the experience as an actively participating moderator. Please change Mod View to automatically adjust to "Watch Party" mode when the streamer starts a Watch Party.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The streamer should be the possibility to promote a mod to a "statistics analyst".

Statistics analysts are a rare role (1,2,3 persons, maybe more for partner) which have FULL access to every statistics except the payment statistics.

So streams can be analyzed easily by the statistics analysts to give useful hints and tips to repeat successful shows.
    Otherwise games can recognized easily where the viewer count is lower than usual.

Dont want to use external websites like sullygnome, twitchtracker or similar sites for that when twitch HAS the functionalilty already.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Report Tool and flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Wenn ich in der Modansicht bin wäre es sehr hilfreich das man ein separates Chat-Fenster öffnen könnte so das ich auf dem Hauptbildschirm einen Stream auf Vollbild habe und auf einem zweiten Bildschirm den Chat offen habe.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. If Twitch won't filter (or ban) usernames containing personal information, perhaps streamers could blacklist names containing certain words/#s/etc.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. As a streamer I use ModView now on my second screen. However, if it's running before I hot go live, the video starts and chat works and everything but I don't see the viewer count. If I refresh the page I then see the viewer count. Please can you fix this so that the viewer count can be seen in this scenario without a page refresh?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Spam bots and Trolls in chat constantly harass streamers with new accounts and get around the bans using VPNs or other tools, Follower only and Sub only modes can discourage new viewers from participating in the chat and can Stunt channel growth. Please allow a new feature which prevents brand new accounts from talking in chat, or more precisely, a feature which requires the account to be x days old before they are allowed to talk in the chat. That way new viewers who have been on Twitch for a while can discover new channels and participate in the chat…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mods cannot timeout/ban each other, so showing the mod actions view adds an unnecessary step when I want to access the simple user actions box. (this intermediary view could be retained for broadcasters, however, in the rare event where the streamer would like to apply a moderation action to a mod)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. It would be nice in the new mod view to be able to search through the comments posted in chat by username. Best I could compare it to would be like cbenni, where you could type in someone's name and it would bring up their messages. This would be handy that rather than scrolling through chat, say for example if someone comments about someone else's message that they think is against the rules or starts a fight, you can quickly find it through a search.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Often a user in chat will post an objectionable message which the streamer and moderators miss: there may be an offensive meaning which is objectionable but cleverly concealed and a violation of channel-specific rules, for example.

I suggest adding a "flag" icon that works very much like the existing Reply button on every chat message whereby people in chat can select another chat message and post a reply message into chat which will be visible to channel moderators, chat bots with moderator status, and the streamer, Only, and non-moderators cannot see the reply.

This way there would be a safer…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have Mod Comments on the user card so when a viewer is being disrespectful or inappropriate in one stream then watch another stream, the moderators know what type of viewer is watching.

For example. if a viewer come into the stream but has a mod comment saying " User has been inappropriate on many occasions", the moderator can be prepared and take the best course of action.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Card  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. So far every single unban request I've gotten so far has been something fairly toxic (a vague insult, a racial slur, etc). I don't want to deny these requests, because doing so will notify the user and I don't really want them to know that I even looked at their request. But I also don't want them to just sit there forever, the more toxic requests there are the less I actually want to look at the thing at all, which eventually will pretty much completely defeat the point of having unban requests in the first place.

I'd like to…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Knowing that many people when they are banned from a channel choose to create several accounts to continue trolling ... My idea is a banning system where the banned user is not aware of their current ban; in this way the user would continue talking only through the chat thinking that he is trolling and would make the life of the mod easier.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Save mod settings to our account instead of using cookies so we may clean our browsers history daily for security proposes with out having to rearrange mod view every time we visit a channel we mod or daily per channel in this case. Thx.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We need to be able to arrange users in chat by account creation date, user name ect. Thx.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A button you press in Twitch Dashboard when you are offline that makes it so that you enter the testing mode. In testing mode, you can see your stream as if someone else was but without actually going live to the public. To show that you are in testing mode all the Twitch stats Will change to say "Testing mode". You will be able to see bitrate stats and change how your channel looks. It would also be cool if you could get a shareable link that you could give to your friend so that he can see what it…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. While setting up blocked terms and phrases I accidentally didn't set the term to private. When I went back to correct this the private terms were still sitting in my "Mod Action" panel. I assumed it would work retroactively, but it didn't and it needs to.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. While setting up my "permitted terms and phrases" I didn't click "private" when saving and my private information was sitting in the mod action panel with no way (or advice) to fix it. I wish there was a way I could have cleared that one specific action so none of my mods could see the private information I was trying to block.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sufrí la expulsión de un Chat al que frecuento y el moderador me dijo no fue él sino algo que hizo Twitch. Escribí la palabra"Negril" que es una playa que está en Jamaica. Negro tiene muchos significados, es un color, es un apellido, y también puede ser una palabra racista por supuesto así que traten de ajustar el robot para que vea el contexto.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. As shown in this image

https://imgur.com/a/wpcMohm

Twitch is not word wrapping the message a moderator leaves for the viewer correctly.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Log who wrote denied messages by Automod or who ran against the Automod Blocked Words list Moderation View...

By the current design you see:

• what was denied/permitted after moderator review.

What you should see:
    - who wrote it...

Taken it is a 10 mins old throw away account: The user gets away unbanned and unreported

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?