Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation Tools

Please share your suggestions and ideas on improving Twitch's moderation tools. Not a forum for reporting users. If you feel a user is breaking the rules, please use the report system on the site. The report system will inform our group of admins about the issue so it can be properly addressed in a more timely fashion, and provides them with extra, useful info.

To file a report, click the gear icon on the users profile page and select the “report” option. Within the report, please include as much information as you can in a well-formatted report. The easier it is for admins to read, the easier it is to deal with!

Our admin team is online 24/7 and will be able to suspend accounts that break our terms of service.

Moderation Tools

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When there are multiple mods on a channel and some of them attempt to timeout the same person via the user profile info box at the same time, what tends to happen is the mods will timeout the user and untimeout them immediately after. When the user is in timeout, the untimeout button appears exactly where the "10s" "1m" "10m" "30m" timeout buttons used to be. It would be very helpful if the untimeout button did not appear where the timeout buttons used to be. Maybe even add a 1-2 second delay on how fast someone can time the same…

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a "Head Mod" role, So if a normal mod made a mistake, the Head mod can take care of it without the broadcaster stopping what their doing to stop what the normal mod did. You might think, "What Happens if the head mod does something bad" Well, the mod should be a very very trusted friend of the broadcaster, and from there, if the head mod Still does something bad, then the broadcaster does something about that, but there should be only 1 or 2 head mods. So the head mods can trade out service times, or just have…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I'm not a fan of the current way Twitch has it setup for Mature Streams that are marked for +18 Mature, a click of a button shouldn't just automatically grant whoever to watch those types of streams, and so what I propose is a Age Verification system to verify those users are of age before being allowed to watch those streams by using a Digital ID Age Verification system. This would not only properly protect minors and prevent them from watching stuff they shouldn't, but also adult streamers as well.

A simple age verification check would make it so that…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It would be nice to be able to see a redemption history for each channel point redemption, as there are certain channels that only want people to redeem certain rewards once, and a history can be a way to check if a user has redeemed it before. (also add the ability to clear the history per reward)

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I sometimes accidentally delete the wrong message through the mod icon when the chat scrolls up one message right before I click. I think stopping the chat for a mod when he hovers a mod icon for a specific message would improve the modding experience.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A few words can be used for good or bad in many different contexts. When we get a message on a good context and we allow the message, we are adding the word on the permitList which can be dangerous if used on a wrong scenario.

Example: .
    Good scenario: My sleep schedule is
    right now.
    Bad Scenario: This streamer is ******.

If the good message comes first and then the bad message, the second message will not be blocked by automod.

Idea: having a third option, other than accept and deny message, on automod to allow the message on…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When you click on a users chat logs, then click off and the user has sent messages later in the stream then the chat logs won't update. Its a big pain when you look at the logs of a user and need to look at them again in an hour or so but the logs haven't updated and you need to refresh your chat window.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. It would be fantastic to get some additional controls for the Unban Request system including:
    -Timeouts (x submissions in x time - to override the 1 max by the system)
    -Minimum ban time to submit ban appeal (if we just banned them we should be able to avoid them submitting a request a minute later - they'll use their one unban request up by doing this)
    -Enable/Disable
    -Ability to add notes/instructions for users

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Amazon has owned twitched for a while now. and has put very little into innovative changes from the original owners. they stayed with the same old simplistic OUT DATED report system, which has proven extremely innaffective in urgent situations. Yet their main website has live support. instead of a forum report system approach that the ticket gets responded hours if not days later. Now that mixer is gone, twitch community is and has been growing, some with unstable viewers with death threats, that a ticket should not be the answer, or a streamer aka AN INFLUENCER says some off the…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Report Tool and flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Making a moderation feature that allows channel owners to give permissions to each individual moderators. This feature will give certain moderators access to manage commands/other features that only editors could access before. for example twitch has An editor role and a moderator role that can manage the broadcasters channel,right? so by adding a tool that allows certain editor commands/abilities to each individual moderators would be helpful to the channel owner, this command would need to be authorized by the owner of a channel or a editor. similar to how discord servers work(server owner can give any member of the server…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. It would be great to have the ability as a Mod to disable spending channel points during a specific situation. I have been noticing in the Role Play community that when alot of hate comes into the channel and we go into sub mode only. The haters will wait until they have enough points to post a message in sub mode just to throw Salt or the spam some of the cheaper options to distract the streamer. I know that there is emote only mode but that also feels like a punishment for the subscribers that are not doing anything…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. moderators have some pretty good tools to work with on desktop especially with BetterTTV and FFZ installed, but the moderation tools on mobile are extremely limiting. As moderators are not always able to be home it is understandable why some may have to use the app and especially it is hard to watch over larger streams. Being able to set a moderation profile while watching a stream would be game changing with mod icons next to the names, as well as a larger name to click on, as it’s very hard to hit the name precisely. Additionally, there is no…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hi! One of the Ideas of mine I'd love to see implemented which would help a lot of mods/streamers. Starting out It'd really be nice if there were some changes made to the "editors" role and some new roles added to replace some of the "editor" role's current features. For example, it'd be really nice if there was a "Stream manager/adminstrator" role or even both implemented with different privileges. We need a role for Streamers where they're be able to assign people of their choosing (Generally Top mods) to #1, have more access to be able manage/edit the channel and…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hello! I'm relatively new to streaming. I've had fun using the platform and I look forward to continuing to grow my channel and meet new users. However, one of my friends and I have been running into an issue with streaming Jackbox Party Games.

We want people to be involved and play with us, but we are running into issues with trying to ban users that use vulgar language and racial slurs. While we can ban them if they are logged into their account, we can't keep them off of the stream and being able to participate if they just…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adding an option to disable /me (or .me) in mod view/by a streamer would mean one less thing that the mods have to look for while modding in the many channels where it is not allowed.
    Perhaps with this option enabled, the message where chatters try to use /me would simply stay as normal text, however being automatically deleted would work as well.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. It would be fantastic if as a streamer, I can create canned responses for my mods to use in chat whenever someone violates the rules or has an FAQ. The benefits of this would be:

• Saved time for my mods as they won't have to type out messages

• Consistent messaging for my channel

• Easier to bring on new mods and less of a learning curve

Let me know if anyone has any feedback!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I mod for a stream with 2k+ chatters and we often have several mods in at one time. Unfortunately we've had some issues with the ban icon that shows up next to usernames in the chat. When two mods hit the ban icon at nearly the same time, the first bans, but the second mod who hits the icon - even immediately after - unbans the user on accident. This is a bad design, I feel, because if a mod does not notice the user has been accidentally unbanned, then they are free to return and repeat their behavior. It…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The current banning system is hugely flawed due to trolls being able to hide behind a VPN and create hundreds of new accounts, it does literal nothing to protect streamers against a persistent troll.

Instead Twitch needs to have it so that anyone who uses their services agrees to the logging of their Device ID and and bans are logged against that Device and not the IP. This way troll maybe has 2/3 devices he/she can use but certainly not hundreds!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Implement a design that mods can be rated by streamers and viewers to indicate their excellence in performance. Allow this to be community accessible, allowing streamers to locate the very best mods for their streams and to express the reward of value to moderators who place a great deal of personal commitment into a stream. A reward system could be implemented to add value to this by perhaps lowing sub fees for mods or offering Twitchcon Discounts on tickets for mods that reach a level of excellence.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. There should be a higher tier mod role that can take and give mod and vip roles also it should has different badge maybe something like waraxe or maybe golden sword

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?