Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation Tools

Please share your suggestions and ideas on improving Twitch's moderation tools. Not a forum for reporting users. If you feel a user is breaking the rules, please use the report system on the site. The report system will inform our group of admins about the issue so it can be properly addressed in a more timely fashion, and provides them with extra, useful info.

To file a report, click the gear icon on the users profile page and select the “report” option. Within the report, please include as much information as you can in a well-formatted report. The easier it is for admins to read, the easier it is to deal with!

Our admin team is online 24/7 and will be able to suspend accounts that break our terms of service.

Moderation Tools

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please allow the ability to disable "Unban requests"

or provide a way to replace the link with instructions for how to apply for a unban

We have an existing system on CohhCarnage's channel, and would prefer to use that system over the inbuilt Twitch system, but we cannot turn off the inbuilt Twitch system.

251 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

28 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re looking into adding the option to set a cooldown period that banned chatters must wait out before they can submit a request, including a “never” option that would allow you to prevent requests entirely.

2. Would like a way to natively see a users name change history including date & time of change.
    Maybe even first & last message history for each username change

For example:
    TwitchSupport - (formerly TwitchTVSupport) changed on 14 Oct 2020 22:46

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Although we enter notes with the new unban system for deny or approve, these aren't shown in the Bans or Mod Comments in the User Card - please have these shown here as well for good record keeping. Additionally, including when a request was submitted and who approved/denied it would be useful, it is only shown in Mod Actions at this time.

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I see how the unban request option can be helpful, especially in the situation of accidental bans/misunderstandings, but many bans that are carried out are intentional and for outright hateful behavior, and the unban requests associated with those are usually filled with more hateful speech that mods and streamers shouldn't be exposed to.
    It would be very helpful to have an option when banning to say "this was intentional and we don't need any further contact with this user"

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the request. This was actually our first idea too, but it’s been difficult to think of a way to do it without making the Ban flow too complicated, especially for Mods who are currently using the Mod Action buttons next to messages to Ban.

5. Would be super helpful to have an ad-break widget in mod view (for channel editors) as I currently have to switch between stream manager (for ads) and mod view (for cleaner/more accessible UI).

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hi there! Recently with TLOU2 trolling being a huge issue on Twitch, many troll accounts are spamming channel point redeems with trolly usernames in order to avoid having their messages deleted and getting themselves timed out immediately as you would be able to with normal chat messages. Someone could for example say something offensive using the "highlight my message" redeemable and mods would not be able to act as fast. The shortcut buttons for ban, timeout and delete should also be available next to channel point redeems so action can be taken faster if the user's username or message is…

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. That you should give mods a chance to speak toghter about bans, and stuff in a mod/streamer only chat, which would be cool to add in the new modview

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Having the ability to easily and quickly permit links from users would be a great help. Most of us use bots like Nightbot, Moobot, Streamlabs/Elemets to deal with links in chat we don't want and auto block them but with BTTV we were able to click on a user name and clikc !permit for that user.

My idea is that either add that feature to Mod View when we clikc a name or better yet, force Auto Mod to grab the links first and then allow mods to permit it if we so desire. This then give the user who…

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I think that allowing mods to sort the list of users beyond alphabetical would allow us to easily see the problematic accounts, check their chat history and easily filter out problem users. It won't solve the issue of long standing accounts being possibly problematic. That said, those who cause issues are generally using burner accounts.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When a channel that I moderate for goes live, there's two main ways that I load their stream; the pop-up notification at the top right, or clicking their name in the left-side panel. It's a bit inconvenient loading the channel, then having to click another button to redirect to a different page again (/moderator/<channel>).

I think it would be convenient to have an option, maybe a toggle option in Mod Settings in chat, to automatically load the /moderator/<channel> page when you load a channel that you're a moderator for. That way, Mod View isn't forced onto anyone unless they enable…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The list of users in chat is really helpful while also being able to see the chat open at the same time, but people come in, watch, talk, leave, and sometimes their name never appears in the viewer list. Sometimes it does appear but after they've been chatting about 10 minutes. This is not helpful if trolls are returning to make your life difficult. The list becomes invalid.

Please increase the refresh rate of this list.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. This would allow moderators to know the active number of subscribers and sub points that the streamer currently has. This would be helpful for events like subathons or when streamers try to make a push for unlocking a new emote.

This information may be more than some streamers are willing to share with their mod team, so this would be something that the Streamer would be able to share if they wanted to. The Streamer would have a setting that would allow them to share this info with mods (default setting would be "No").

For Mods, this could be info…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When there are multiple mods on a channel and some of them attempt to timeout the same person via the user profile info box at the same time, what tends to happen is the mods will timeout the user and untimeout them immediately after. When the user is in timeout, the untimeout button appears exactly where the "10s" "1m" "10m" "30m" timeout buttons used to be. It would be very helpful if the untimeout button did not appear where the timeout buttons used to be. Maybe even add a 1-2 second delay on how fast someone can time the same…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be nice to be able to see a redemption history for each channel point redemption, as there are certain channels that only want people to redeem certain rewards once, and a history can be a way to check if a user has redeemed it before. (also add the ability to clear the history per reward)

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I sometimes accidentally delete the wrong message through the mod icon when the chat scrolls up one message right before I click. I think stopping the chat for a mod when he hovers a mod icon for a specific message would improve the modding experience.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. It would be fantastic to get some additional controls for the Unban Request system including:
    -Timeouts (x submissions in x time - to override the 1 max by the system)
    -Minimum ban time to submit ban appeal (if we just banned them we should be able to avoid them submitting a request a minute later - they'll use their one unban request up by doing this)
    -Enable/Disable
    -Ability to add notes/instructions for users

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be fantastic if as a streamer, I can create canned responses for my mods to use in chat whenever someone violates the rules or has an FAQ. The benefits of this would be:

• Saved time for my mods as they won't have to type out messages

• Consistent messaging for my channel

• Easier to bring on new mods and less of a learning curve

Let me know if anyone has any feedback!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I mod for a stream with 2k+ chatters and we often have several mods in at one time. Unfortunately we've had some issues with the ban icon that shows up next to usernames in the chat. When two mods hit the ban icon at nearly the same time, the first bans, but the second mod who hits the icon - even immediately after - unbans the user on accident. This is a bad design, I feel, because if a mod does not notice the user has been accidentally unbanned, then they are free to return and repeat their behavior. It…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I moderate two twitch channels while I play along side the streamers that I moderate for and the community that I moderate. I use my android tablet to keep twitch chat open so I don't have to stop being a moderator while I'm full screen in game (I only have one monitor). It would be a massive help if there was a way to have the chat fill up the whole screen on my tablet instead of just a small portion, maybe with full mod mode features if possible.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Currently, in the new unban request system, the denial note is shown to the user and cannot be private, add the ability to keep the single note private, or have two note sections.

Having a "template" for the public note as well would be nice, as I imagine some streamers will include a note for an external unban request form since this system is limited to 1 request at the time of writing this.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?