Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation Tools

Please share your suggestions and ideas on improving Twitch's moderation tools. Not a forum for reporting users. If you feel a user is breaking the rules, please use the report system on the site. The report system will inform our group of admins about the issue so it can be properly addressed in a more timely fashion, and provides them with extra, useful info.

To file a report, click the gear icon on the users profile page and select the “report” option. Within the report, please include as much information as you can in a well-formatted report. The easier it is for admins to read, the easier it is to deal with!

Our admin team is online 24/7 and will be able to suspend accounts that break our terms of service.

Moderation Tools

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The permitted terms that are added do not end up permitting the word to be used in chat. For example, blocking the word "sex" prevents the chat from using the pride emotes that have the words "sex" in it due to the wildcard. It would be nice if Twitch found a way to sort the Permitted Words list and allow it so the permitted words actually allow the viewers to say the word in chat without it still being blocked.

14 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you please clarify what term(s) you’re adding to the Permitted Terms list in this example? Are you saying you’ve added “sex” as a Blocked Term, “pansexual” as a Permitted Term, and you still can’t use the Pansexual Pride emote?

2. When you click on a users chat logs, then click off and the user has sent messages later in the stream then the chat logs won't update. Its a big pain when you look at the logs of a user and need to look at them again in an hour or so but the logs haven't updated and you need to refresh your chat window.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. when I try to expand the unban queue it bugs out and the whole website becomes empty

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. While setting up blocked terms and phrases I accidentally didn't set the term to private. When I went back to correct this the private terms were still sitting in my "Mod Action" panel. I assumed it would work retroactively, but it didn't and it needs to.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. As shown in this image

https://imgur.com/a/wpcMohm

Twitch is not word wrapping the message a moderator leaves for the viewer correctly.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hosts do not show up in mod view activity feed despite there being a checkbox to enable/disable them.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Oddly, I became a mod for the channel: twitch.tv/swimstrim. Our prediction panel has ben bugged for weeks only showing, "Error creating prediction. Please try again." We used predictions before, and we are not in a prediction disabled country. Support will not respond, so any ideas?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When I want to approve/decline unban requests I get on an empty page. I've to reload the page, but then I'm back to the list. Problem repeats. Have this problem since days now. :(

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. After a certain amount of time (seems random at this point), certain heavily used emotes will disappear out of the channel emotes section.

The only way I know how to fix it is to refresh the entire page. Obviously being a mod I could miss bad actors, so I end up duplicating the tab to be safe.

I know this bug affects other moderators as well, so it isn't just limited to my system.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. As per this image

https://imgur.com/a/kmY1Yhy

The "unban request will be reviewed" notification is behind the following sidebar

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. There is a bug in the auto-mod changes showing up in mod actions.
    When I change the auto-mod settings in channel "X" that I mod for, then refresh, they do not appear in the mod action list for channel "X". Not only do they disappear, they appear in the mod actions list on my own personal channel.
    The message in mod actions before I refresh channel "X": AutoMod category level customized by cecikm
    The message in mod actions on my personal channel: AutoMod category level customized by "X"

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. With recent changes to the Twitch channel interface on desktop browser, not only is chat hidden by default when opening the channel, but users can be stuck having chat hidden with no way to get it back easily.

If the user changes their window dimensions in such a way as to prompt Twitch to hide chat, they cannot bring it back without first stretching the window to be wide enough that Twitch deigns to display the "Expand" control at the edge of the page to unhide chat.

With recent changes, this control may not be accessible on windows displayed on…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I am mod/editor on 5 channels and on 3 of them have Ad-pre roll widget visible on the Stream Manager view and 2 don't. Two of them are Partners and one Affiliate.
    Shouldn't all of them have this widget?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Game directories, e.g. https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/VALORANT on the website should not include channels that you blocked. This already works on mobile but not on the website.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Before a recent update where :hover styling was added to usernames and links in the chat, ctrl+right click on a username would bring up a slider that allowed you to quickly choose a timeout length, ban, or message delete. Since the new update this slider no longer appears and only the normal browser context menu shows up.

I'm using Firefox 79.0

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The Video Quality in Session on the new dashboard displays as "offline" even with the Editor role

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?