Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation Tools

Please share your suggestions and ideas on improving Twitch's moderation tools. Not a forum for reporting users. If you feel a user is breaking the rules, please use the report system on the site. The report system will inform our group of admins about the issue so it can be properly addressed in a more timely fashion, and provides them with extra, useful info.

To file a report, click the gear icon on the users profile page and select the “report” option. Within the report, please include as much information as you can in a well-formatted report. The easier it is for admins to read, the easier it is to deal with!

Our admin team is online 24/7 and will be able to suspend accounts that break our terms of service.

Moderation Tools

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I believe that Twitch should add REGEX support for Automod "Blocked words and phrases". This would be a very helpful feature for chat moderation since a lot of users can easily get past the blocked term by intentionally misspelling a word. This would also allow streamers to enforce English only characters in chat. I'm aware that twitch allows using the "*" wildcard but in many instances this is simply not enough.

29 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Currently the only possibility for managing links is to disable them all together. This replaces them with '***' in chat for everyone but the sender. Add an alternative to make AutoModerator hold all links for review instead so mods can allow them on a case to case basis. If no mod is there the result would be the same, no links in chat.

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. As a moderator of a few channels, we've had a massive issue with one particular troll using a VPN to evade bans. This is a massive issue for us because; this user will spam hateful messages, racist slurs, bullying/harassment and even spam the streamer's private personal info. This has been such an issue, that some people I know have had to take a long break from streaming or quit altogether!

I implore you Twitch. Please add an option to enable Phone number verification!
    I believe this will strongly deter users from ban evading, as it commonly costs to use phone…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A few words can be used for good or bad in many different contexts. When we get a message on a good context and we allow the message, we are adding the word on the permitList which can be dangerous if used on a wrong scenario.

Example: .
    Good scenario: My sleep schedule is
    right now.
    Bad Scenario: This streamer is ******.

If the good message comes first and then the bad message, the second message will not be blocked by automod.

Idea: having a third option, other than accept and deny message, on automod to allow the message on…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. =The Idea=

Have a toggle switch in auto-mod options for streamer to opt-in or out.

If opted in:
    Any accounts that were banned in 3 other streamer's chats in the past 72 hrs will have their messages auto-held until approved.

If opted out:
    No change from current moderation.

=Uses=
    - Chat bots from follow websites would have all their messages held after 3 streamers ban them. This will prevent a significant amount of spam from follow bots and not allow their messages unless the streamer opted out.
    - General trolls. Some people like to join chats just to harass streamers.…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. This is no an idea this is purely a complaint as every other method of getting in touch about this issue has been ignored and it is really starting to get on my nerves.
    I have had my account since march 2014 but only started streaming in Jan of 2019. In all that time i have never had any issues with my name being auto modded until around 2 months ago when it started to get auto modded everywhere, this ruins my raids, my general interaction in peoples chats because if someone replies to me with my name, one of…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. So I'm not sure in which cases the wildcard-term ban doesn't work correctly, but on a channel I'm moderating we would like to block the "^^" smiley, unfortunately blocking "*^^", "^^*" or "*^^*" doesn't solve the problem. I suspect that there is a general problem with special characters in wildcard terms.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Had a message come across automod that used the n word, so obviously I denied the message. However, after denying an automod message it is from what I can see lost forever. I wanted to ban the user or at least time them out for a few days with no luck. I feel a sense of urgency with automod notifications so it seemed reasonable to deny it quickly. It would be nice to add denied messages to the log for further moderator action.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Currently the AutoMod bot does not allow for timeouts, whitelisting of URLs and more. I would love to drop 3rd party bot moderation tools all together, but the current settings of AutoMod do not provide enough features to make it a viable means for moderation.

For instance, non-vips cannot post clips if I block hyperlinks as there is no way to whitelist the URL for it.

Please consider adding more features to AutoMod.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow another wildcard besides * to match just a single character. The catch-all * has a tendency to over-aggressively block desirable messages when used to block a short triggering term

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Rather than removing emotes, create a chat filter that checks
    emote tags. When approving emotes, apply rating tag to emotes that could be considered "sexual/explicit", these would be filtered out in channels that haven't enabled the 18+ notification.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. If a viewer breaks a rule 3 (or some set amount of) times in chat, Automod should then go ahead and ban the user permanently for the streamer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Capita spesso, specialmente per la prevenzione degli spoiler, di dover bloccare alcune parole chiave. Mettendole però nei termini bloccati si rischia di causare una restrizione eccessiva per gli utenti che si vedranno il messaggio bloccato. Si dovrebbe dare la possibilità ai moderatori di aggiungere termini che verranno messi in coda dall'automod, in modo tale che il mod possa decidere di volta in volta se bloccare o meno il messaggio in relazione al contesto.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add the Russian language to AutoMod, because I am a Russian-speaking streamer and I want to add this function, because there are viewers who offend in Russian with profanity in chat and I want AutoMod to delay them in a private message and in a chat. Thank you for understanding.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ever since July we had to scale down Automod to (lowest) on chat to lowest filtering, and yet the chat language German the automod manges to find and put serval perfectly normal words as held for review... As potential slurs...

For example:
    - Every chat message containing "wenig / weniger" the German words for "few and fewer", "Kleinigkeit" the German word for "small thing", "Abonent/Abonement" the German words for "Subscriber and Subscription", "eine große Anstrengung" German for "a big effort"

Is there any hope of Twitch connecting the set stream language to the the strictness Automod?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. So, like blocked terms be held through automod, even tho there blocked terms, let mods chose either they go through or not, so say someone said the blocked term of "Revenge" and mods dont want it to be used one stream, but mayb accept it another stream.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I mod for several channels, and I'm effing tired of adding the same words to the permitted list over and over again. Why the F does the list reset on every new stream??? Even words like shouldn't be even on automod's list as they have no existing negative connotation, to begin with, like waifu (btw, waifu gets modded, husbando doesn't, nice double standards), are getting blocked again and again!

Even my screen name got modded once!! IIRC yMEmd got blocked, please tell me the meaning of that and how it can be worthy of getting modded out!

Can you please…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Currently when someone typing a block term gets the message "Your message wasn't posted due to conflicts with the channel's moderation settings." in some cases this is like "hey, just type it differently" and even if you are use wildcards he can post the message.
    Sometimes a message contain a block terms that if that terms wouldn't exist the message would be perfectly normal. Why don't you add the option for some terms to just show like *** and let the message be posted? That's how mods can decide if the message deserve a delete or not, and reduce the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make automod phrases to work only, when the channel is online or offline or both. (Add a checkbox next to the phrases)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?