(Visually) Disable Moderator Badge
Users are able to hide specific badges already (Twitch Prime, Turbo, Bits, ...) but what about Moderator Badges?
The reason for this suggestion:
In smaller streams (new) chatters might get scared if moderators post messages.
So I see 2 potential ways this could be achieved:
- Only visually disable the mod badge (keeping the moderation actions in-tact)
- Allow moderator to go into "non-moderation mode" - in this mode, the moderation actions are not available and they are like a normal chatter
In both cases moderators should still show up in the Moderator List (/mods).
Recently Twitch added a "Mod View" into the chat settings - maybe something could be added in there?
Say a "Hide Moderator Badge" option?
The second option would be interesting.
When a moderator went in their holidays or go on a trip he/she can activate the "non mod mode" and be a normal user when join the stream.
We want this! Having chats full of moderators on small stream scares of new viewers, this could be an easy solution, that doesn't require removing the moderator status to users.
It's worth noting that some streamers already have systems in place to allow users to moderate without having the moderator badge by eg. letting moderators operate by whispering moderation actions to a bot (while not currently having the mod status or appearing in the mods list).
Implementing this officially however would provide some important benefits:
1. Moderators will be able to act faster. Using their normal moderator commands rather than whispering a bot or using a third party site is a significant speed-up.
2. The streamer would no longer have to manually merge the Twitch moderation logs with the bot's moderation logs.
3. Provide Twitch themselves with valuable data about "anonymous" moderation. Perhaps this method of moderation is far more common than current data makes it out to be?