Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation Tools

Please share your suggestions and ideas on improving Twitch's moderation tools. Not a forum for reporting users. If you feel a user is breaking the rules, please use the report system on the site. The report system will inform our group of admins about the issue so it can be properly addressed in a more timely fashion, and provides them with extra, useful info.

To file a report, click the gear icon on the users profile page and select the “report” option. Within the report, please include as much information as you can in a well-formatted report. The easier it is for admins to read, the easier it is to deal with!

Our admin team is online 24/7 and will be able to suspend accounts that break our terms of service.

Moderation Tools

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Я хочу чтобы стримерам дали возможность употреблять сейчас запрещенные слова по типу пидор, нигер и все подобное в этих словах нет ничего плохого и я не понимаю почему их запрещают лучше было бы для каждого региона сделать отдельные правила к примеру в европе это было бы запрещено, а в странах снг и азии разрешено так как в азии и снг всем откровенно насрать на пидоров черных макак и всю остальную поеботу если в европе и америке такие правила то пусть они там и остаются зачем запрещать это в тех регионах где людям похуй на талерантность в россии к примеру однополые…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be a rank of "Channel Moderation Manager" and "Channel Administrator". The rank would still be the legendary sword but with the background in yellow. This would be available to Affiliates and Partners. Max 2 per chain.

It would be used to add / remove moderators. To be able to manage them (I saw the idea for the integration of a channel so that the moderators can discuss between them, it's a very good idea)

To be able to access admin functions such as changing panels, see badges / emotes / Channel points.

The goal is to help the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. We need a super moderator which is allowed to ban/timeout/unban/slow not only users but also other moderators in the chat.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. A small streamer that I mod for keeps falling into the trap of follow bots and it gets annoying as it keeps hitting so many times on different days lately. I wish there was a way for mods or even editors (since they're more trusted) if its better, to have a section where they can see the followers list and be able to quick select and remove their following along with ban them instead of having to click on every single account or typing out every single account's name, especially when follow bots come in a big bunch and it…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The current banning system is hugely flawed due to trolls being able to hide behind a VPN and create hundreds of new accounts, it does literal nothing to protect streamers against a persistent troll.

Instead Twitch needs to have it so that anyone who uses their services agrees to the logging of their Device ID and and bans are logged against that Device and not the IP. This way troll maybe has 2/3 devices he/she can use but certainly not hundreds!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. For quite some time, I've been a mod of a channel that has been receiving harassment from people, they arrive with fake accounts (wich nicknames are obviously written to disturb the chat) and follow the channel for their name to be noticed, and it's no use to ban these accounts if they keep coming with new fresh-made fake/bot accounts.

If they are banned they can keep watching the stream and follow the channel which is kind of useless. A way to prevent these people to return needs to be worked.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Often a user in chat will post an objectionable message which the streamer and moderators miss: there may be an offensive meaning which is objectionable but cleverly concealed and a violation of channel-specific rules, for example.

I suggest adding a "flag" icon that works very much like the existing Reply button on every chat message whereby people in chat can select another chat message and post a reply message into chat which will be visible to channel moderators, chat bots with moderator status, and the streamer, Only, and non-moderators cannot see the reply.

This way there would be a safer…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hi! One of the Ideas of mine I'd love to see implemented which would help a lot of mods/streamers. Starting out It'd really be nice if there were some changes made to the "editors" role and some new roles added to replace some of the "editor" role's current features. For example, it'd be really nice if there was a "Stream manager/adminstrator" role or even both implemented with different privileges. We need a role for Streamers where they're be able to assign people of their choosing (Generally Top mods) to #1, have more access to be able manage/edit the channel and…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allowing Mods and Creators to view if a user has been banned from other channels.
    Also updating the Ban function to require a reason for Ban. Just a check list.

e.g. if someone comes into my channel that has been banned from another channel i can see that they have been banned for Harassment or Spamming

Will allow Mods to keep an eye on users bouncing from channel to channel

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have Mod Comments on the user card so when a viewer is being disrespectful or inappropriate in one stream then watch another stream, the moderators know what type of viewer is watching.

For example. if a viewer come into the stream but has a mod comment saying " User has been inappropriate on many occasions", the moderator can be prepared and take the best course of action.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Card  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. let mods or just everyone look at a channel's logs. Not user logs, the whole channel for each day. I used this on overrustle to check usage of 3rd party emotes (ctrl-f) day to day to optimize them.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. So. I was updating the Roles Feature within my community section on my Twitch Dashboard.

I had a good friend of mine who is one of my loyal mods ban a viewer because of something unrelated to the stream.

I got looking after stream to see if there was any options for doing so with this. But I could not find anything for it.

You know how we have the ability under Channel Analytics that reads "Send Email To My Subscribers"?

Why not have that same function. But instead for Mods/VIP/Editor Roles?

I'd love to write up an email for…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Implement a design that mods can be rated by streamers and viewers to indicate their excellence in performance. Allow this to be community accessible, allowing streamers to locate the very best mods for their streams and to express the reward of value to moderators who place a great deal of personal commitment into a stream. A reward system could be implemented to add value to this by perhaps lowing sub fees for mods or offering Twitchcon Discounts on tickets for mods that reach a level of excellence.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need to create a gifted sub mode and sub mode. I notice watching gta rp that all streamer go to sub mode and still get a toxic chat because of the gifted subs. Either make it two different modes or make it so that the longest following channel gets the sub and not the new ones that hops into other streams

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. If a viewer breaks a rule 3 (or some set amount of) times in chat, Automod should then go ahead and ban the user permanently for the streamer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. We need additional buttons at the bottom of the chat next to the "setting" button, such as "subscribers-only mode" and "emote-only mode" instead of open settings or type command, or turn into mod view.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A big trend with peoples responses to streamers or users being moderated is the ‘unfairness’ of decisions made and the comparison to other situations while not being aware of the reason for the decisions made.

Suggestion: Create a central, public page, this can be searchable by userid, username (partial/full), message content (p/f). This allows you to find streamers, users, botnets, repeat offenders and provides you a page of the content that caused them to be flagged for moderation + their chat logs.

The details page should show the escalation stage of punishment that users were hit by, thus transparently explaining…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Some users create problems within communities of streamers that don't warrant a permanent ban from the platform but cause recurring issues.

For example, I have a group of other streamer that I am friends with and our communities often intermingle. A user has been prevelant in all of our channels, walking the tight rope of bannable offenses. While we have used discord to keep in contact with our mods collectively, it still segments the information into a small group.

It would be amazing to have a way for content creators and moderators to raise red flags across all content creators.…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When I want to approve/decline unban requests I get on an empty page. I've to reload the page, but then I'm back to the list. Problem repeats. Have this problem since days now. :(

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. It should be noted that DMCA is NOT International and strictly a USA thing not really recognized by international law. It is however a extention of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) as interpited by the USA. That being said I belive that Twitches respect and use of it could be better improved if the WIPO was taken in to consideration instead of the DMCA.

Note this is does not mean dumping the DMCA as the WIPO is that at it's core. I am only noting this as Twich deals with a international market, which the DMCA never took in…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?