Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation Tools

Please share your suggestions and ideas on improving Twitch's moderation tools. Not a forum for reporting users. If you feel a user is breaking the rules, please use the report system on the site. The report system will inform our group of admins about the issue so it can be properly addressed in a more timely fashion, and provides them with extra, useful info.

To file a report, click the gear icon on the users profile page and select the “report” option. Within the report, please include as much information as you can in a well-formatted report. The easier it is for admins to read, the easier it is to deal with!

Our admin team is online 24/7 and will be able to suspend accounts that break our terms of service.

Moderation Tools

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please allow streamers to remove people from their follower's list. As a small streamer, I struggle with trolls, and I have made many streamer friends who have had the same experiences as me. On more than one occasion I have banned a troll from chat and had them return with upwards of 3 other accounts, sometimes even up to 10 or 15 other accounts during one stream. (Keep in mind my average stream is about 2.5 hours, and I try my best to not acknowledge or encourage the trolls at all, I just ban them and move on.) They follow…

382 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

23 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You have a lot of different suggestions here, the latter of which have not been implemented so I will leave the topic open, but I wanted to let the thread know that we have recently released the ability to remove followers from your list by Blocking them.

https://twitter.com/TwitchSupport/status/1243643979897417730?s=20

You can see how to Block a user here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/how-to-manage-harassment-in-chat#BlockWhispersandMessagesfromStrangers

Additionally, you can see your channel Banned Chatters in your Moderation Preferences in the Dashboard

https://dashboard.twitch.tv/settings/moderation

2. Hello! I think everyone knows about this problem... You're chilling in a big stream with around 20.000 Viewers and the Moderators need to inform the chat about something. Well, since there are so many people in the chat, moderator-messages are gonna be overlooked really fast. So, I've came up with the Idea that moderator are able to "pin" messages that will be shown above the chat for maybe 5-10 seconds or until they get "unpinned".
    preview of how a pinned message could look like http://i.imgur.com/yGzH6Nm.png
    Sorry for my english... I hope you could understand my Idea c:

338 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. This is not to take away from the improvements that have already been made, and are being implemented. The work that is being done is greatly appreciated.
    However, further change is needed to better protect streamers for banned users. Merely preventing chatting is not enough to deter harassment, stalking, or intrusive bot behavior.

Most people are aware that measures often can be circumvented, that is not an excuse for the lack of protection that currently exists.
    Streamers need a way to completely cut off a user from content. I believe the proposed measures are reasonable, and will also provide protection…

318 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are happy to announce that we have released an update that addresses some of these points.

Channel Banned users will no longer be able to view the chat, and they will also be removed from your Chat list. There is an issue that has caused us to pause this temporarily, but we expect a fix to be out very soon – stay tuned to the Twitter thread below for the update.

Additionally, if you Block a user, they will not be able to subscribe or follow, and Blocking them will automatically unfollow them.

https://twitter.com/TwitchSupport/status/1243643979897417730?s=20

How to Block a user: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/how-to-manage-harassment-in-chat#BlockWhispersandMessagesfromStrangers

I will leave this topic open for your points about being unable to fully view the remaining content of a channel, and account creation.

4. as a mod it would be helpful if i could talk to all the other mods without having to whisper them each individually once by one.....all we would have to do is type "/modchat <message>" and it would show up in chat like the ban, timeout, purge messages do. All mods can communicate without the rest of chat seeing it. Also, they can be pinned for important channel stuff like in discord, so any mod coming into chat can see what's new or changed with regards to the stream rules and such

204 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Users are able to hide specific badges already (Twitch Prime, Turbo, Bits, ...) but what about Moderator Badges?

The reason for this suggestion:
    In smaller streams (new) chatters might get scared if moderators post messages.

So I see 2 potential ways this could be achieved:

1. Only visually disable the mod badge (keeping the moderation actions in-tact)

2. Allow moderator to go into "non-moderation mode" - in this mode, the moderation actions are not available and they are like a normal chatter

In both cases moderators should still show up in the Moderator List (/mods).

Recently Twitch added a "Mod View" into…

155 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. So I will break this into 3 parts. What it is, How it will work, and why I think it's needed. (first and 3rd part may overlap.)

My idea is to create a Channel Admin role for content creators at the affiliate and partner level. This role would have a golden sword (opposed to the green sword that regular moderators have) and would be able to remove/add people from moderator for the respective channel they are a channel admin for.

How this will work: Starting first, how it will be set up (in my head.) All affiliates are allowed 1…

63 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I believe a feature in one's settings that makes it so moderators of the channel can't moderate without having Two Factor Authentification activated would be super useful, with this new optional settings it could dramatically decrease the amount of compromised moderator accounts while also raising more awareness for 2FA

58 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable 2FA as a chat optional requirement for users to be required to have 2fa before typing in a users stream chat. This would drastically reduce the number of times a banned user will try to evade a ban to harass a streamer / disrupt chat.
    On top of this it would drastically increase awareness on 2fa. Being optional it wouldn't force people or streamers to turn it on or use it. This could also help people who have 18+ Mature content streams reduce the number of people under 18 from engaging.

As 2fa already exists within the twitch platform…

56 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The new channel points are pretty fun, and the ability to highlight messages is great. I'm using it frequently when moderating to make sure all the users see certain messages (like instructions on how to vote on something, announcing that the streamer will be right back, reminders about backseating not being allowed, etc).

It would be nice if it didn't cost any points for us mods to use that feature though, because there are situations where we might need to use it but don't have enough points available. Alternatively, add another similar feature available for mods only that isn't dependent…

56 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. At time of writing an editor of a channel can upload/edit/manage/delete vods and highlights, but cannot edit/manage/delete clips

Please allow editors to manage clips of the channel(s) that they are editor(s) of

55 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Would be great if stream teams and streamers can share banned users with other streamers.

IE Streamer one has a offensive troll in their chat who gets banned. The streamer could have a option after or during the stream to share the ban with other streamers who are friends or in the same stream team.

Example
    Streamer 1 bans "user 1" from their chat due to offensive or disturbing behaviour. Streamer 1 can then share that ban with a created "friends streamer list" where by they can say, user 1 was banned in my chat due to the following, please…

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I would like to see an easier way to see what channels where I am a moderator without checking all my following list and typing /mods to check.

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Moderators sometimes manage game lobby links or somilar for their streamers. As such the links may get copied to the clipboard easily. If there are procedures in place to greet users or similar, then it might happen that moderators accidentally post sensitive information into the chat.
    Also, a rogue moderator may abuse their rights or post unwelcome messages.

Thus, moderators should have the option to delete their own and other moderators' messages.

39 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. As you might have expereinced, when chat is moving fast but someone needs a message deleted or timedout/banned mods can sometimes missclick due to the fast moving chat, now while we do have the pause chat option this can still happen due to a flinch or a nudge from a pet or someone else, what I am suggesting is an undelete/restore function within the chat for mods.

If someone was banned by accident or timedout all their messages are purged, but how about when you undo the mistken action you have the option to restore that persons messages within the…

37 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Twitch should allow mods and streamers to repop up the chat Rules for certain user to remind them if they didn't respect it.

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In light of recent events in which two individuals have been harassing and cyberstalking a number of Twitch streamers, myself included, it would be helpful to filter out alternative forms of profanity along with formats of phone numbers.

Specifically, I suggest the following be filtered/prohibited in username creation:

• bltch (with an "L" instead of an "i")

• wh0re (with a "0" instead of an "o")

• ####### (the typical format of including phone numbers in a username)

All three of these techniques have been used by internet trolls when creating multiple accounts to harass streamers and post their personal information. Please…

30 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Dear at @TwitchSupport as a mod it would be great if ANY user who has an account that's less than 30 days old had a special symbol next to their name. 95% of the users I have to delete a message, timeout or ban are new user accounts. A symbol would make it easy to spot new user accounts in a busy chat and make it easier for mods to be on alert. ESPECIALLY when there is something going on like a new movie with spoilers or now the new thing is WW3 chatter blaming America ALSO if I ban…

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Grant moderators permission to use all emotes even if they are not subbed or only have a tier 1 sub.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I would love to see Twitch implement a feature that allows Streamers to set up a hard block for users with XX (configurable by streamer) amount of currently active bans.

This feature alone would greatly reduce the serial trollers that do nothing but jump from stream to stream trolling and getting banned.

It would also be great to have a feature that allows Mods and Streamers alike to see how many active bans a viewer has.

Thank you for your consideration.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. So currently moderating on mobile you cannot purge a message. I would like to be able to purge a message by selecting it vs doing a 1 second time out like the mods and work with and myself are currently doing.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?