Moderation Tools

Please share your suggestions and ideas on improving Twitch's moderation tools. Not a forum for reporting users. If you feel a user is breaking the rules, please use the report system on the site. The report system will inform our group of admins about the issue so it can be properly addressed in a more timely fashion, and provides them with extra, useful info.

To file a report, click the gear icon on the users profile page and select the “report” option. Within the report, please include as much information as you can in a well-formatted report. The easier it is for admins to read, the easier it is to deal with!

Our admin team is online 24/7 and will be able to suspend accounts that break our terms of service.

1. Protect streamers by preventing any access to channel for banned users

This is not to take away from the improvements that have already been made, and are being implemented. The work that is being done is greatly appreciated.
    However, further change is needed to better protect streamers for banned users. Merely preventing chatting is not enough to deter harassment, stalking, or intrusive bot behavior.

Most people are aware that measures often can be circumvented, that is not an excuse for the lack of protection that currently exists.
    Streamers need a way to completely cut off a user from content. I believe the proposed measures are reasonable, and will also provide protection…

206 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

19 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Streamers to Remove Followers (eg. Banned Chatters and/or Trolls)

Please allow streamers to remove people from their follower's list. As a small streamer, I struggle with trolls, and I have made many streamer friends who have had the same experiences as me. On more than one occasion I have banned a troll from chat and had them return with upwards of 3 other accounts, sometimes even up to 10 or 15 other accounts during one stream. (Keep in mind my average stream is about 2.5 hours, and I try my best to not acknowledge or encourage the trolls at all, I just ban them and move on.) They follow…

206 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ban Tools

Would be great if stream teams and streamers can share banned users with other streamers.

IE Streamer one has a offensive troll in their chat who gets banned. The streamer could have a option after or during the stream to share the ban with other streamers who are friends or in the same stream team.

Example
    Streamer 1 bans "user 1" from their chat due to offensive or disturbing behaviour. Streamer 1 can then share that ban with a created "friends streamer list" where by they can say, user 1 was banned in my chat due to the following, please…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make it possible to flag all links for moderator review instead of replacing them with '***'

Currently the only possibility for managing links is to disable them all together. This replaces them with '***' in chat for everyone but the sender. Add an alternative to make AutoModerator hold all links for review instead so mods can allow them on a case to case basis. If no mod is there the result would be the same, no links in chat.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Introduce Emote Only/Off toggle button

G'day fellow moderators!,

So as of late on a mate's stream, one of the other mod's and myself started setting chat to emote only during cutscenes in the game he is playing, decreasing the chance's of story etc being spoiled for him,

However,

Typing it out all the time is starting to feel like a chore, would it be possible to add a toggle button, via the settings cog button at the bottom of chat under mod tools, the same way there is a slow mode toggle for "off/on"?

I think it'd add another effective tool for mod's to help…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add new filters for creating usernames to deter the creation of accounts used for trolling/harassment purposes

In light of recent events in which two individuals have been harassing and cyberstalking a number of Twitch streamers, myself included, it would be helpful to filter out alternative forms of profanity along with formats of phone numbers.

Specifically, I suggest the following be filtered/prohibited in username creation:

- bltch (with an "L" instead of an "i")
    - wh0re (with a "0" instead of an "o")
    - ###_###_#### (the typical format of including phone numbers in a username)

All three of these techniques have been used by internet trolls when creating multiple accounts to harass streamers and post their personal…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A list of where i am a Moderator at in settings.

I would like to see a list of where I am a moderator at in settings, which channels I am a moderator. I mod over 20 channels. And it grows almost everyday, I follow so many people and have gained trust so quickly, I just earn it quickly. I just want a place I can manage where.

Just thought it was a good idea.

Cheers.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Find out an easier way who I mod for

I would like to see an easier way to see what channels where I am a moderator without checking all my following list and typing /mods to check.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Moderation Tools

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base