Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Community Guidelines

Community Guidelines

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. There are so many people inappropriately dress on stream just to get views. It's not ok. This needs to be banned.

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. People should not be able to create usernames with phone #s or addresses in them. This is commonly used for doxxing streamers and Twitch Safety Ops/Support does not/will not ban them on their usernames alone, even if they created their name(s) to harass a streamer.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I think the title says enough, we can all think for ourselves.

We have a right to expression as we have a right to be offended. Please don't destroy this great platform of personal expression by buying into false logic.

The effort put into encouraging individuals to choose to dismiss certain viewpoints is far more realistic and beneficial than preventing it from being manifested.

The majority of "unsavory" content expressed on your platform is done ironically: to take this too seriously and censor it is an insult to the people that make your platform real and viable.

I understand the…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. During the town hall the coo mentioned that Twitch didn't want to assume identity. The N word hard R is is a slur and should not be allowed to be sent through chat under any circumstances. It is hate speech. N word with the a used on stream amongst Black individuals is in no way the same as saying N hard R in chat.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. it happens too much on this platform, streamers like sodapoppin directly insult viewers claiming his viewers are "retards and losers"
    well, its not pleasant experience hearing those things and if someone is disabled in someway might even feel sad or depressed hearing it

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. For quite a while now, I have seen too many people smoking/vaping publicly on Twitch.
    I have to keep adding them to the "Not interested section as it's REALLY uncomfortable. I have a friend who smokes, but whenever my friend does, he ALWAYS turns of his camera.
    People who watch those streams could end up smoking/vaping too from following the streamers footsteps. I mean, children at the age of 13 could be watching them and get the wrong ideas. Please change it so it is more balanced and safer.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I have noticed many streamers and their chats using this word constantly and I think it does not bring anything positive to Twitch. It hurts those twitch streamers/viewers who know someone that is, or are mentally disabled. Even one of the most popular streamers xQcOW said that he does not use it anymore and will not encourage it in his chat. I think twitch can be better than this and not encourage the use of that word.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I need twitch to support this idea. I'm new and my most recent chat who chatted about suicide. I don't know how to get them the help they need. I'm not comfortable with the topic. We need ads or something like this to point out help. Not just for Americans but world wide.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Creators who pay for music streaming services like spotify, pandora, apple music ect. should be allowed to play music from those platforms on stream. They pay to use a service that allows them to listen to music uninterrupted, and artists and labels get paid for the streams played. It makes sense. Partnering with a music streaming service could be beneficial for twitch as well. Limiting creator's choices in the content they're allowed to use, and punishing them for something they may already pay for isn't right. Please excuse me if i seem ignorant. but it doesn't make sense to me.…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. DelightDaniTV - Permaban FAKEBOOBS
    Amouranth - 3 days ban FLASHING REAL *****

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I reported this guy like 15 times, i banned him more than 30 accounts, all accounts, with the same description always, no nos conocemos pero sabemos que (account name) es genial. he followed me, i went to his 12 minutes old channel, he got more than 75 follows in 12 minutes, 2k visits, and he got 2 guys sayibng thx on his chat for the follow. yesterday i banned and reported 4 accounts, went to a 5k viewers channel @x6flipin and he with an account alredy reported from me zacarias or something, and he went to the chat, saying that…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pepe the frog emoji needs to be removed, and all streamers promoting far right conspiracy theorys and inciting violence. There are multiple streamers who's content mostly consists of streaming the extreme Trump rally's and ramping up thousands of viewers. That being said pepe the frog is a symbol of white supremacists and your platform allows it to be a freaking emoji it makes me sick. If no actions are taken I will be moving forward with a mass petition on all social media forms. Informing everyone how twitch has been contributing to all this hate and anger and lies.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Too many people are running into minority streams and throwing hate speech. People report them and then they return nothing changes. It's unacceptable.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I occasionally see streamers who promote therapy or claim to have mental health issues, when they really are not qualified to be involving themselves in such matters. Even worse are the situations where it's clear (or it cannot really be verified) that a streamer is claiming to have a problem, just so they can solicit for subs/donations/boost their social media presence.

I think the topic of mental health is just too personal and risky for someone with no background in treating mental illness (or appears to be pan-handling) to be discussing on their channel. I think beyond telling a viewer…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hello Twitch!
    I've recently heard the wonderful news that you're banning derogatory language such as 'simp' and 'incel'. This means a lot to me, since it’s obviously very harmful language, but I feel you're leaving out a big offender with those cases. I would be happy to see people stop using 'noob' to insult people. It is in all circumstances used offensively, making people not want to play the game. Personally, I have been called this many times, even when I haven't been a new player in a game. It always hurts my feelings and it cuts really deep. Some…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Words. Language. The way in which we communicate our thoughts and feelings. Twitch seems to want to continue to ban more and more words. When does it stop? What does Twitch look like in 2024? Can anyone say anything without being in fear of being banned? How long do big streamers stay on a platform that curbs their freedom to express themselves? I simply inquire where it stops.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. As a streamer and avid Twitch viewer, there are many community members who do not seem to understand the "unwritten rules" of Twitch. It would be lovely to have a resource or link to direct these people to. Perhaps an informative hub similar to the help center but focused on interpersonal conduct. Videos, articles, etc.

Some of the things observed:
    - A user entering chat and stating they are underage (less than 13 for TOS violation, less than 18 in mature channels)
    - Asking for mod privledges
    - Asking for a gift sub
    - First message in a channel: "Can…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?