Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

629 results found

1. The ability to select multiple videos/highlights/VODS from the Video Producer and export them to YouTube all at once.

This will save time and makes things easier for users.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. would be nice to have an option to recover videos ereased accidentaly

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. everytime i export my past stream to youtube the quality goes down to 720p and I have my twitch stream at 1080p

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Doing daily reruns is a great way to grow. However, sending out notifications daily for reruns will make people turn off their notifications. Which is why this change is important.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. This is really bad! I can't edit this without spending forever trying to edit out all the corrupted parts of my videos every other cut. I know that you all don't have the bandwidth to re-encode every highlight that is edited but at least have it time the keyframes better. It makes vlc explode and not even mkv can play some of these files right...

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I get that these broadcasters are featured and lots of people are watching them, but if they are going to show up on the home page, the volume should be muted.

Or, leave it paused, or remove it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently, when downloading files from our video producer, they are labeled with some seemingly random assortment of letters and numbers, and do not represent the content being downloaded. I'd like to see an update that simply makes it so the download grabs the title from the clip/VOD being downloaded for ease of use in editing / organization purposes.

When creating things like highlight videos or clip compilations, the extra work to rename the clips/VODs you download can be incredibly tedious and an unnecessary extra step.

Thank you!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When this occurs and I try logging out and logging in again I get stuck on the login screen to the message "Browser not supported" on both Firefox and Google Chrome (which are both supported browsers) until waiting another day or so to login again. Staying logged in on the same session I get restricted use of the site and is unable to create new clips or highlight VODs until waiting a certain period of time.

There is something severely wrong with Twitch website causing this to occur. I can only guess that this is a rate limiting feature that…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The clip editing system is sensational. It saves time and also money, as there are websites that require you to pay to do this service.
    But I believe there are still some "simple" tools that will help a lot.
    - Cut the clip. There are some clips that you are not interested in at the beginning or end of it, but there is no trim option. With that in mind, the cutting tool would be interesting, which allows you to cut the video timeline and edit it however you want (only in the clip, obviously).
    - Option to customize my…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  3 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. "Watch full video" is only available when going to the Clip page from the popup video player, why can't we go straight to the full video? Perhaps with a small button next to the other ones at the bottom of the player. Personally I use it a lot when I see a good clip and want some extra context.
    There isn't even a button to get to the clip page easily, have to copy paste the link or exit the player and click on the text part of the clip.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Many times when watching VODs, you just want to see the highlights without watching the entire thing. This would make it easier to stay up to date on your favorite streamer or get a feel for a streamer you're interested in watching.

An elegant way to be able to do that could be with a histogram on the progress bar based on chat frequency.

A competitor recently implemented histograms on their progress bars based on most watched parts but given that the majority of watch time on Twitch is live and uninterrupted, having it based on chat would be more…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently, the Highlight feature is just the Clip feature without a length limit, which can lead to some lackluster highlights - especially in regards to highlights featuring multiple segments of a stream or even an entire stream. That said, I'd like to see some basic features added such as:

1.) The ability to add transitions / fades between segments.

2.) The ability to add effects such as fast-forwarding or slowmotion to portions of the highlight.

3.) The ability to manually mute audio from portions of the highlight in order to censor parts of the stream without having to cut it…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The thumbnail preview for scrubbing through vods is so inaccurate, and it sucks to use for people that need to find specific points in vods.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Twitch could have a subtitle feature for live content in English/Portuguese as we could watch it live in our native language or another language, as well as contribute to learning and fun at the same time.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The dashboard tells me that markdown is supported for a VOD, and when I type in a plain text URL into the description the editor silently converts it to hyperlink markdown when I save the changes to the description.

When I view the video, the description contains raw markdown, and markdown such as double-space for line breaks is ignored, as well as the automatically-generated URL markdown. It looks REALLY bad to users, and markdown definitely is NOT supported despite what the portal is telling me.

Since markdown does not appear to be supported, you should also not force plaintext URLs…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Typing a single quote [ ' ] into the video description field for a highlight gets transformed into the HTML entity ' - which wouldn't be a problem if that was what got spat out on the VOD page, but it isn't, we see the raw escaped entity in the description.

This is a pretty big problem for languages that use that mark as punctuation, like, y'know, English. The most commonly spoken language in the world and also the language we are writing in right now.

You can see the issue on this VOD page: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1131783457

Please fix asap! Cheers

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a button to the interface labelled "What have I missed?" that when clicked will show a couple of minutes of random video from the current (or previous) live stream so that people who are late to the broadcast can catch up on what has happened before they got into the stream.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It is possible to add more than 100 videos to a Collection, which is good. However, it is NOT possible to view videos past the 100th video in your Collections manager. Also, if you are watching the Collection, the videos stop playing upon finishing the 100th. The only location you can view past the 100th video is in your Videos tab on your channel.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I'd like the ability to Edit or Delete Markers from "Highlights" when viewing the video.

• Thank You
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be a lot easier to export videos to YouTube if collections could be exported to specific YouTube playlists

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?