Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It'd be nice if I could save a draft when making a highlight, so I could come back and finish it later, and not gamble the time I spent making it.

I made a highlight, and when I published it, the result was a "processing error". Two hours wasted.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hi! This past weekend was LOL Worlds, unfortunately I couldn’t watch it live. Something that is fairly common, especially when the event is in another time zone.

But this is no problem as I can always watch the VOD afterwards. But something that is somewhat ruining the experience for me is that I can see the time left of the video.

However, in the biggest esports such as LOL, CS:GO, OW, and Dota 2 the big tournaments are usually played out using best of matches, meaning they play until one team reach a certain won matches. Because of this the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Doing daily reruns is a great way to grow. However, sending out notifications daily for reruns will make people turn off their notifications. Which is why this change is important.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reruns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. While I am watching an old broadcast, usually the day or two after it happened, I want to catch up on a few things. I do not watch the entire thing, but usually skip along to key moments. I would appreciate a few different ways to know where to skip along the time track on bottom. For example, if there were markings along the bar that showed where clips were taken. This would let watchers know that something "big" happened there and worth stopping there along the skip. A "Next Clip" button with this could let the user skip along…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I've noticed some of the content creators (Like gamers for example) are moving to twitch due to censorship & demonetization against inappropriate videos. (Like gameplay videos with FPS stuff) And like me, there are some content creators who don't broadcast that much but rather upload videos/clips to twitch. So I was wondering if you can be fair to twitch uploaders by adding a second option to join twitch affiliates or partnerships for twitch uploaders. Plz add this, the twitch uploaders depend on you!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. As the streamer, to opt out of displaying clips of your channel publicly, or setting a limit on history.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I am Autor of clip.
    How can I know, why my clip is deleted?
    I Editor of channel. I can't see, who deleted my clip and why.
    Streamer can't help me too.

How can I check what happened with my clip?

Please, create an information system for this (for autors, for editors, for streamers).

• If clip is deleted by the Editor of channel — Write this "Removed by Editor" (and not required: editor comment).
    • If clip is deleted by the Twitch (Administrator/Moderator/Editor/or another role) — Write this with a reason.
    • If clip is deleted by the autonomic system — Write…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Just as the title suggests. Make a search machine that goes through title/game/date or streamer it would be the most useful thing by far and it would help with your site visits because people would come again and again to search for a variety of clips!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. My setting options for transcoding streamers are 50% of the time set at 720p only. The most my internet service provides is at 360p. Please give attention to allowing lower settings continuously on the transcoding. Thank you for your efforts.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pressing , or . will go back 1 frame or forward 1 frame just like on youtube. Sometimes I want to see how many frames it took for someone to kill the streamer I'm watching on Valorant for example.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please implement an option for editors to be able to see and manage channel clips on the editor dashboard.

It would be helpful for clip management in channels that get clipped often.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The same as when the streamer is live, we move the mouse over the player and it says... playing: (Game) on the top.

Not a very big feature but nice.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I love to watch certain viewers, but when they start playing the techno music that sounds like pots and pans bashing together I can't handle it. I just wish I could mute the desktop audio for example, and only listen to their mic audio.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A feature for creators which allows for any number of options for expiring broadcasts, namely an automatic exporting system to Youtube. In short, an option to have a VOD export to Youtube on its own. We already have the option to set the privacy of a video export to either public or private, even edit the description, so keeping that option seems reasonable.
    Not to speak for everyone, but a large number of streamers have dealt with problems regarding expired broadcasts that, according to some over at Twitch, may or may not be lost to the void.
    Adding this feature…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The only way to download clips to promote on other sites is to do it either via desktop or a link for a mobile browser. I want to be able to download a clip in the mobile app to share it to other platforms.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I am posting this to "Bugs", but it also fits into the "Accessibility" category.

There is a bug where every page of a given streamer's channel automatically autoplays mostly unrelated videos at what is usually maximum volume. Random channels will play behind/ above the UI on the page for selecting previous VODs. It will autoplay, even if I previously had the tab open and already muted and paused the video at the top. It will autoplay if I am scrolled all the way to the bottom of a streamer's archive, so that I have to scroll all the way back…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Most modern browsers have a picture in picture mode that can be activated by right clicking on the video, or pressing a dedicated UI button. Twitch supports this natively, but only if you mess with the HTML in the Web inspector first. Please add a button for this, or let us do this by right clicking on a stream's video.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please add a Language Filter in Video Clip section. I want to Watch TLOUII videos and Don't know any language other than Hindi and English. It's filled with Videos from Russian, Spanish, French languages

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The current error message on the Clip Creation Page is not helpful at all. It is a frustrating waste of time/effort to spend a couple minutes trimming a clip, rewatching it, and titling it only to receive this error that provides zero insight into why it occurred or how to fix it. This creates friction for viewers who want to create clips but may encounter this error and not attempt to create future clips. Screenshot https://gyazo.com/a8a9f9857d6ca104be5e9b89d2f402d2

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →