Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Making highlight clips for downloading from Past Broadcasts, but not publish clips on your video feed. Can download different clips and but them together as one to upload video section. (with video editing software/site video editor not needed)

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. the ability to rewind streams if you show up late should be implemented i understand that that takes extra infrastructure but i feel you are a big enough platform to do it

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I cant upload videos..i click on video producer..i don't see that 'up arrow' button i used to see when i wanted to upload a video..is there a limit to upload videos? i already got like 77 videos..i keep on refreshing thinking its my net issue but i don't think it is..is that option moved somewhere?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I would love a way to sort clips by the user whom clipped it.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Some streamers currently feel that there isn't enough incentive for people to sub. I think that streamers should be able to have a stream that is only visible to subs, similar to the sub-only feature for VoDs. This could allow creators to reward their subs for supporting them and to give non-subs more incentive to sub. I understand that some streamers might begin to only do sub-only streams, but I think that should be their decision, and that they will almost certainly lose viewers by doing so. They need to decide whether or not the few gained subs would be…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I want to be able to stream and password protect it, so I can share gaming strategies with my friends, and not have that leak out.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Should be able to save clips other users have saved to your own My Clips page, so you can make a collection of your favorite clips even if you yourself didn't make them.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. In the settings, an option to play a video at double the original speed and half the original speed would be very useful.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. If you click the Clip button and then close the page, the clip will still publish. This causes thousands of clips to be published accidentally.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Adding a parameter to let us request clips by views (by default) or by creation time. (And so we can easily get the last clip and also classify clips by date)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Either an animated GIF, PNG or MP4 that can loop on repeat, or on play button, while channel is offline

An old feature that may or may not exist in a similar capacity is rebroadcasting on repeat from the existing video library (not 100% sure if that still exists)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I think it would be fantastic for video editors/highlight editors and viewers, if there was a way of locating and finding clips based on tags and keywords, on top of time periods.

Examples:
    - Searching for only clips belonging to a certain tagged game the streamer has played. (Search for Escape from Tarkov, and only clips made during streams where EFT was tagged as the game being played.)
    - Searching for clips that share a specific word(s) in the title. (Searching for "Triple kill" or "Jebaited" would show only clips that share at least one of the specified words.
    -…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When a stream is live, you can go to the streamer's past broadcasts to watch the VOD of the current stream. But the time remaining (i.e., the length of the VOD) is obviously only as long as the current point in the live stream.

The annoyance is that this time is frozen to the point at which you started watching the VOD. It would be nice if this "time remaining" was continuously updated so you could seamlessly watch the stream on a delay (currently you have to refresh to get more of the video once you reach the end).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. This error has been going on for years and Twitch hasn't bothered to fix it. everywhere i look to find a way to upload it without an error i get the same problem with different people. I know it goes as far back as 2016 cause thats the earliest I've found it on (/r/Twitch) Some have found solutions like going Incognito or deleting your history,cookies,caches,etc. I unfortunately have not found a solution and have even gone as far as emailing Twitch customer support with no reply. If anyone can help or fix the errors then please let me know. The…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When someone posts a clip in chat and maybe you want to take a look later, an Add To My Clips (or Save Copy, or similar) button would be nice.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I love the new addition of the top clips of the day/week/month/all time but I would love even more if I was able to select to show clips only from random date and time to random date and time as maybe back then some interesting streams or my favorite streamers were live etc. etc. Would make it even greater experience atleast for me if that's possible.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Seems that the volume control no longer appears on offline streams.

Please readd it

Some people will wait for a streamer to go live, but have the volume "remembered" from a different streamer they watched last night and suddenly get blown out speakers

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Higher Bitrate: (Above 10.000, with video quality selector can be managed so if someone won't use that high download usage, he can tweak it), we still have a really low bitrate, and that force us try to tweak OBS to reach higher quality with lower CPU encoding speed. Still this is not a miracle, and 6000 bitrate is so limited (even if there is a trick to go beyond and reach 8000 bitrate).

• HDR: OBS doesn't support because it's not worth it nowadays since Twitch is not supporting it, but other platforms are starting to give a hint to this…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. today i was just trying to delete one clip but i deleted all of my clips. i wish it had a undo button if you made a mistake

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Estou tendo dificuldades ao clipar videos do meu canal, as vezes ele faz o clip e logo da mensagem Ops. Algo deu errado. Este clipe não está mais disponível. Ou nem faz o clipe

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?