Video Features

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When a stream is paused, the stream ending and hosting/raiding another stream causes the new stream to play. There is not an easy way to "stop" playback (it can be done, but you have to go to another page so that the player shrinks and gets a "close" button), and it is frustrating to suddenly have playback if you've stepped away for a bit (i.e. phone call, doing something away from the computer, etc.).

Either there should be a "stop" button in addition to the "pause", or pausing a stream should not start playback when the streamer raids/hosts another stream.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The same as when the streamer is live, we move the mouse over the player and it says... playing: (Game) on the top.

Not a very big feature but nice.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I love to watch certain viewers, but when they start playing the techno music that sounds like pots and pans bashing together I can't handle it. I just wish I could mute the desktop audio for example, and only listen to their mic audio.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I think it would be fantastic for video editors/highlight editors and viewers, if there was a way of locating and finding clips based on tags and keywords, on top of time periods.

Examples:
    - Searching for only clips belonging to a certain tagged game the streamer has played. (Search for Escape from Tarkov, and only clips made during streams where EFT was tagged as the game being played.)
    - Searching for clips that share a specific word(s) in the title. (Searching for "Triple kill" or "Jebaited" would show only clips that share at least one of the specified words.
    -…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Continue watching same as on twitch mobile app

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The current error message on the Clip Creation Page is not helpful at all. It is a frustrating waste of time/effort to spend a couple minutes trimming a clip, rewatching it, and titling it only to receive this error that provides zero insight into why it occurred or how to fix it. This creates friction for viewers who want to create clips but may encounter this error and not attempt to create future clips. Screenshot https://gyazo.com/a8a9f9857d6ca104be5e9b89d2f402d2

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Have markers on the progress bar for VODs showing when in the stream the Category and/or game was switched.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. For dumb people like me who trim a world record run with the wrong start and 5 extra minutes at the start. Why can't we trim more once it becomes a highlight?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. allow us to have a custom frame/border/overlay for Re-runs so that it's COMPLETLY OBVIOUS that the channel isn't live

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reruns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I would love a feature to be able to download your own channel's clips just like you can download your highlights.

This would be super useful for things like editing clips together for promotional videos, etc.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. currently, people who make clips can sort through their own clips by date created and number of views, but not by the game being played or by the streamer they clipped. this makes searching for old clips difficult. it appears people have suggested that streamers be able to sort their clips but this should also be applied to people who create clips

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The mobile verison supports "Audio only", but not at Browsers or App on Desktop. While Data-Usage shouldn't be problem on PC - but it actually might - in addition, Twitch uses an non-insignificant amount of CPU-power, which could also benefit from that option (i.e. of Talk Shows, Podcasts, ASRM, Music Streams, ...).
    I see no point, to exclude this feature on PCs.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. While I am watching an old broadcast, usually the day or two after it happened, I want to catch up on a few things. I do not watch the entire thing, but usually skip along to key moments. I would appreciate a few different ways to know where to skip along the time track on bottom. For example, if there were markings along the bar that showed where clips were taken. This would let watchers know that something "big" happened there and worth stopping there along the skip. A "Next Clip" button with this could let the user skip along…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. As a twitch user that does not have the best of internet, it's extremely frustrating to not be able to support your friends who have affiliate because their streams have no quality options besides their source selection.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I feel that people with affiliate and above should be able to squad stream. I also think that people below affiliate should be able to but they can not invite people they have to be invited to the squad stream. I have had this idea for a while now and I think it would benefit the streamers without affiliate and the people that have affiliate/partner

Thank you for reading this.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. There are plenty of moments when something intresting happens on a live stream that you just missed. To view it again, you have to open the recent videos of that streamer, watch the latest video and hope you find that moment again.

On YouTube you can just go back up to 2 hours. If you missed something intresting, you just press the left arrow once or twice and watch it again, then you can go back to live.

Hope something similar can be implemented to Twitch.

Thanks.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It feels like an oversight that chat replays aren't visible during reruns! My viewers have repeatedly pointed out that it's weird to watch a streamer talk with and react to a chat that isn't there.

It would be great to have the chat replay as a toggleable button in the chat window, with old replayed chat messages colored grey, so viewers could easily distinguish between the chat replay and the current live chat!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I am experiencing audio issues with my VODs were you can hear my microphone audio but can not hear any of my desktop audio but during the live stream you can hear all the audio. I use OBS Studio and it shows that my desktop audio is coming through on it. I was not having these issues prior to using the Soundtrack by Twitch extension and have even turned it off in hopes it would fix my VOD audio. Please get back to me about this issue as I would like to get this figured out so I can get…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Summit tried 120 fps today and some ppl were reporting lag or frame drops but most ppl seemed fine with it, and kripp also tried 120 fps today but there seems to be only 1 person complaining about frame drops. Having an extra transcode option for 120 fps such as 1080p120 and the option to go back to 60 with 1080p60 would be important for making this more mainstream

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?