Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I think it would be fantastic for video editors/highlight editors and viewers, if there was a way of locating and finding clips based on tags and keywords, on top of time periods.

Examples:
    - Searching for only clips belonging to a certain tagged game the streamer has played. (Search for Escape from Tarkov, and only clips made during streams where EFT was tagged as the game being played.)
    - Searching for clips that share a specific word(s) in the title. (Searching for "Triple kill" or "Jebaited" would show only clips that share at least one of the specified words.
    -…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The current error message on the Clip Creation Page is not helpful at all. It is a frustrating waste of time/effort to spend a couple minutes trimming a clip, rewatching it, and titling it only to receive this error that provides zero insight into why it occurred or how to fix it. This creates friction for viewers who want to create clips but may encounter this error and not attempt to create future clips. Screenshot https://gyazo.com/a8a9f9857d6ca104be5e9b89d2f402d2

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When a stream is live, you can go to the streamer's past broadcasts to watch the VOD of the current stream. But the time remaining (i.e., the length of the VOD) is obviously only as long as the current point in the live stream.

The annoyance is that this time is frozen to the point at which you started watching the VOD. It would be nice if this "time remaining" was continuously updated so you could seamlessly watch the stream on a delay (currently you have to refresh to get more of the video once you reach the end).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When you drag the purple pinhead slider thing on the VOD timeline, especially to the end of the timeline, and press 'End segment at the playhead' it does not fill the end time correctly. It often is ahead by 30 or so seconds, but sometimes it really glitches and inserts a time from the first couple seconds of the VOD.

Sometimes it works by seeking directly on the video player; but a lot of times that has the same issue.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Doing daily reruns is a great way to grow. However, sending out notifications daily for reruns will make people turn off their notifications. Which is why this change is important.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reruns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. While I am watching an old broadcast, usually the day or two after it happened, I want to catch up on a few things. I do not watch the entire thing, but usually skip along to key moments. I would appreciate a few different ways to know where to skip along the time track on bottom. For example, if there were markings along the bar that showed where clips were taken. This would let watchers know that something "big" happened there and worth stopping there along the skip. A "Next Clip" button with this could let the user skip along…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. the ability to rewind streams if you show up late should be implemented i understand that that takes extra infrastructure but i feel you are a big enough platform to do it

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The change occurred around summer.

You really outdid yourselves by making clip viewing even worse by having the user leave the clip list page and having pressing 'back' to go to the top of the list.

You can no longer go and watch each independent clip on a game or channel within an overlay as it goes to the clip viewing page, making the watchers lost.

I sent this to Twitch Support. Had two months without any interaction from them... until now, when they just redirected me here.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. As the streamer, to opt out of displaying clips of your channel publicly, or setting a limit on history.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In my twitch livestreams I often play multiple games.
    Afterwards I exported the whole VOD to Youtube and split the content in multiple videos by using the Youtube Video Editor; with that I was able to sort the content according to the game in playlists and categories, because on Youtube one video can only be categorized in one category/game.

Youtube now removed the feature to "split videos to new videos" 😐

"No one used that and you can still easily download, split and reupload the Videos", Youtube says. 🙄
    That is BS, because Download is limited to 720p and Youtube…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 years worth of Twitch clips were deleted. The reason -- Twitch support said THEY RAN OUT OF ROOM!! No warning, no chance to save precious memories. Just POOF.

Give us a warning on clips about how they are stored so we can make sure we SAVE OUR CLIPS. It is completely wrong that company deletes content without a warning, especially things like this.

So please, give us a warning about when clips are scheduled to be deleted, and what criteria you use to decide what clips to delete due to storage limitations.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Higher Bitrate: (Above 10.000, with video quality selector can be managed so if someone won't use that high download usage, he can tweak it), we still have a really low bitrate, and that force us try to tweak OBS to reach higher quality with lower CPU encoding speed. Still this is not a miracle, and 6000 bitrate is so limited (even if there is a trick to go beyond and reach 8000 bitrate).

• HDR: OBS doesn't support because it's not worth it nowadays since Twitch is not supporting it, but other platforms are starting to give a hint to this…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. If you click the Clip button and then close the page, the clip will still publish. This causes thousands of clips to be published accidentally.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In this most recent age the unpublish feature is really helpful but in order to clip, highlight and even watch the VOD you have to publish it first. Which defeats the purpose

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Every streamer runs into a few issues with trolls. Half of the time with trolls or DMCA content, users have to completely delete VODs. Well, unlike Twitch but on other platforms you're able to edit "VODs" a lot more with a lot more detail. That included to making parts quiet, to louder. Replacing or adding music to the vod, or even bluring or blocking unsafe content for the vod and even removing DMCA content from the vod without removing your whole vod to follow through with DMCA.

These systems have been around for ages and I'm completely flabbergasted about twitch's…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I love playing back recent broadcasts from music streamers and want to "like" them so I know and they know that their broadcast was viewed and enjoyed. I'm already following them, but giving kudos for a recent broadcast would be really nice to have.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When a stream is paused, the stream ending and hosting/raiding another stream causes the new stream to play. There is not an easy way to "stop" playback (it can be done, but you have to go to another page so that the player shrinks and gets a "close" button), and it is frustrating to suddenly have playback if you've stepped away for a bit (i.e. phone call, doing something away from the computer, etc.).

Either there should be a "stop" button in addition to the "pause", or pausing a stream should not start playback when the streamer raids/hosts another stream.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I love to watch certain viewers, but when they start playing the techno music that sounds like pots and pans bashing together I can't handle it. I just wish I could mute the desktop audio for example, and only listen to their mic audio.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Often, streamers have a few minutes of "starting soon" to let viewers join the channel before the actual content starts. This makes sense for live viewers, but becomes frustrating when watching VODs, as the viewer has to click around to find where the actual content starts.

It would be very helpful if we could trim from the start (and end) of VODs to improve the viewers' experience.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?