Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

628 results found

1. I'm having the same problem creating clips, it always shows up in red "Oops, something went wrong." and I thought I might have reached a maximum "limit" of clips and saw that I created clips when I was trying to create new clips, and deleting those, one by one, in one of those deletions, deleted ALL my previous clips. Can you solve this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It took me a very long time to find out where to actually find my markers when I do use them on stream, because they are hidden away in the highlighter section. Would you consider adding stream markers to our VODs so that they are 1. easier to find and 2. Even easier for us to make clips from our VODs rather then having to go into the highlighter first then finding where the marker is from there!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The highlight editor is a much nicer tool to make a stack of Clips with in the first place.

I don't have many making clips of stuff I do on my channel.
    But scrubbing content to turn into clips my self is a lotta work, compared to just making a stack of 30-40 seconds length highlights from easy set marker points made during the stream.
    But highlights don't benefit from the recent changes to Clips...
    So it would benefit my workflow and time greatly if the highlight editor could also just make the short highlight as Clips instead.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Remove the ability to stream at 60 fps, that'll immediately cut the costs of those streams using that by almost half. Then limit max resolution to 1080p and if you want to go further you can limit viewing a stream to 720p unless you're subscribed to that streamer which will then allow you to watch in 1080p. Some people may be upset about the latter but if you want to cut costs and become profitable that may well do it. It may even increase people subbing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video Player  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Whenever i want to go fullscreen, there is no way for me to see chat unless the streamer has their own chat on screen. It would be great to have an ability to pop out a transparent chat window that you can move around while in fullscreen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video Player  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. With the upcoming feature of local transcoding via OBS, I have a simple request, two fold:

1. Allow the user to still manage custom settings for quality. The mention of "autoconfig wizard" is worrying, since I work hard to do custom encoding settings to make streams look better for my content.

2. Allow high bitrate 1080p streams. 1080p still has issues with 6 Mbps and H264. If we are going to have 1440p or 4K streams that are going to probably push 20-30+ Mbps, it would be great to have an option of a "High Bitrate 1080p" stream. It would be the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 21:9 streams have a distorted thumbnail that looks ugly, please fix that and make them centered. thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I believe that twitch should have a feature where content creators could upload a playlist to twitch that plays on their stream and users have an option to adjust the content creators volume and the musics volume. I find that when I’m watching a stream streamers often have their music either too loud, too quiet, or it’s just not my type of music. This would cause users to interact more with a stream in which they simply don’t like the music.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. On the desktop web interface for creating clips, you cannot trim or move the start/end trim sliders on touch-only devices.

Please make the input touch-friendly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I've just cancelled my last remaining Twitch subscription due to today's rollout of your mechanism to defeat tools like streamlink from working. In short, Twitch now requires an integrity check to pass for the playback of a stream, which can only be passed by web browser JS engines. Tools like streamlink which allowed viewing streams in native video players are blocked by this.

There are a lot of excuses people can make on behalf of Twitch as to why they're doing this (and no, not because of viewbotting, that doesn't need to play back the video), but none of this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. example: https://i.imgur.com/o3Fiwei.png

Adding a sound waveform to the highlight tool would allow streamers to quickly find quieter moments of stream to edit out. This can let streamers make highlights more efficiently.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When I have a 720p stream open on my 1080p monitor, the Display Resolution is 1530x777. This slight bit of scaling can cause a noticeable amount of blur on the stream, most noticeable with small text on the stream.

I am requesting an option where the display resolution would match the stream quality, and just center the actual player in the available player area. If one resizes the browser window smaller then the edges of the display resolution, the edges of the stream would just get pushed under the UI and go offscreen. Plus, I would hope that not dynamically…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I didn't know where else to put this, but I think channels should not have the "live" tag if they are a rerun. Maybe create a new tag that says "Rerun".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. API to upload video for developer
    i am unable to find any API to upload a recorded video to make it live

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Usually when ads play, pressing M does nothing. It should mute the sound I guess, most of the time it does, seems it depends on keyboard focus, too? Higher success rate in fullscreen. Yes I know there's also a mute button.
    So my suspicion was that it's nice for Twitch when you can't immediately mute the sound when ads start playing, so I press alt+f4 instead to get rid of the whole thing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If your channel is set to "mature", then all your VODs and Clips are also marked as requiring a "mature" confirmation to view.
    However, a clip from a "mature" stream may, independently, lack any mature content. And it could be that an otherwise family-friendly stream had a somewhat mature moment that was clipped, and rather than removing it to keep the "not-mature" rating on the channel, being able to mark the independent clip as mature would be much more functional.
    Additionally, a streamer may have a "daytime" and "night-time" stream schedule, in which case one stream and its associated VOD…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a button to hide thumbnails for clips, the same as how it works for streams/vods.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently in theater mode, snapping half the screen to the side of a normal sized monitor, the chat pulls up below the stream. Unfortunately the chat window is far too small to read anything due to clutter of gifted subs, banners, hype trains and pins. It makes it impossible to read chat with too many of these things at the same time. My current fix is to just remove those overlay elements, but right now it just feels really bad to use when you can only see like 2 lines of chat at a time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I like to do multiple tasks on the PC, And along with watching Twitch, In picture-in-picture mode, Because it's more accessible to watch and do PC tasks on the same screen, But it happens to lose video quality, Not keeping the chosen one, having to change constantly due to the loss of quality, I would like to always keep the chosen quality and not have unwanted changes. Grateful

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?