Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

628 results found

1. It would be nice to export at a certain time, maybe "export in 24 hours" or "export at ..." (and pick a date/time) so exports could be scheduled.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When a stream lags all viewers wonder if they lost connection, or did stream F. Show a different spinner for each of these cases

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When you start your stream we all know that during peak hours not everyone will get transcoding (720p-460p-360p-160p). As far as I currently understand the rule, you will get transcoding if there is a channel available with partners getting priority. So what I and some others do when we don't get transcoding is to reboot your stream a few times till you get it. This however can sometimes take 4 to 7 reboots.

So if you have to reboot your stream for 4 to 7 times you end up having 4 to 7 vods of 10~20 sec long. Now I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a search and filter by game in video producer.

Here is a example of what I am looking for as a feature -> https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/677684879986786365/716636928514195516/Video-search.jpg

Reason for Feature request:
    When you have thousands of Highlights, its very difficult to scroll thru the provided section to find certain highlights from years ago.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. would be awesome if there was a sorting button in "Content" and "Collections"
    so we can sort the videos by date from most recent..., having to move them individually is a frustrating

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be useful to be able to jump between chapters while paused because I export past broadcast vods to a secondary YouTube channel, and being able to see the timestamp of the chapter marker means I can create chapters on the exported video.

An alternative idea is to automatically include chapter info in the pre-generated description that fills when the description field is empty.
    A hypothetical example:
    0:00:00 PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds
    2:05:31 League of Legends
    4:11:00 Valheim

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When watching a replay of any Esport game, i.e LoL, you can take an educated guess of how many games have been played by the remaining time left. It would feel nice for a viewer to keep the excitement as if he/she was watching it live.

I suggest hiding the time remaining bar on replays.

Just my two cents, cheers
    Jason

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Would love to be able to set viewer permissions on different Video Sections.
    This way we can curate content for the public versus for followers or different sub tiers.
    This adds even more value to channel subs in a Patreon-ish fashion and empowers streamers to move away from platforms like YouTube.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I don't know where to find the answer to this but am i the only one who lost the ability to run reruns? theres nothing online about this subject and one day i just lost my rerun quick button

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I will give an example 2 overwatch players playing Together as dpss one of them own his chanel with very high viewers he wants to inclode his friend as a stremer so he gives him a code that allows him to stream with him at the same time at the same chanel and the viewers can swap between them when ever they want without any porblems.
    So 2 Friends playing you can watch both screens at the same time or choose one of them the swap between them easily. Also I would like for you to give the viewer the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I've been filing in the descriptions for my highlights and adding links to other resources related to the topics, but I just realized they don't appear anywhere when someone is watching the VOD.

Please ensure that the video viewer page can show the description of the video.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am pretty sure there are 2 bugs which are related to highlights:

When you want to highlight something then you get stuck on this forever: https://prnt.sc/zssyrh . I tried once waiting for several hours and nothing happened. You cannot open highlights then in video producer, and the only way will be through your channel's main page. It is pretty recent bug and I do not know how to fix this.

Previously you could watch highlighted videos' descriptions. You can still make a description but it does not show up anymore. And old video descriptions are missing too. Many others…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I can't send fans to Twitch if you won't let me put an uploaded video here as a new user. If this isn't a useable marketing tool, I can't send users to a dead end with no content. You should let every user upload at least one video of a predetermined length so fans don't show up and see an empty space. I have to use YouTube until you fix this problem. It's just not smart business to attract new users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 하이라이트 업로드가 안됩니다. 왜인지는 몰라도 3번쨰인데 몇 일이 지나도 업로드가 안되네요. 시간이 너무 길어서 그런건지, 아니면 뭘 잘못한건지 아님 그냥 버그인건지 모르겠네요.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There is a need for Twitch to implement a native audio compression tool to every stream, that users can toggle on/off to bring the audio ranges more in line. This is already a third party tool that's available and is incredibly useful on the user end that helps boost the lower audio ranges and decrease the screams/loud sounds.
    While it can be informative to tell the streamer that certain parts of their audio is higher/lower, the user end setup can produce different perceptions. Having a native compressor tool on Twitch will alleviate that issue so that each user can get…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I am trying to use the highlighter but its not working at all. I wanted to make a highlight of my previous stream but it wont let me and its just telling me that there is an error in processing my highlight queue. Is this bugged or is this how it really is?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ReRuns (Wiederholungen) sollten bei Twitch eindeutig auch als ReRuns gekennzeichnet sein. Bei Twitch werden alle Kanäle egal ob der Streamer live oder ob es eine 24/7 (ReRun) Dauerübertragung ist, als Live dargestellt. In der Kanalübersicht links nicht zu unterscheiden. Erst wenn der Kanal aufgerufen wird, sieht man um was es sich handelt. Es kann also passieren das man eine ganze Weile nur auf Wiederholungen stößt bevor man dann wirklich einen Live Kanal mit dem Streamer findet. Hinzu kommt das kleinere Streamer die wirklich live sind benachteiligt werden und somit auch weniger Beachtung bekommen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. With the recommended clip section being posted at the bottom of the home page and there being a clear lack of a promotional algorithm, there is a easy alternative that could be implemented. Using the clips section to promote streams and adding a voting system. Giving users the ability to Like and Dislike clips presented to them and advertising the stream at the end of the clip. This could show users more clips from the recommended channel and channels similar to those. It could also popularize a section for the Top Twitch Clips for insert time period on the Home…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hey,
    Audio on some of my videos is being muted for the duration of the video because i often play music in the BG while I draw, even for songs that aren't being claimed. Bummer! Can you unmute my audio in video producer, so that I can clip sections and hear my own voice? I will be able to appeal copyright claims on clips that contain short enough sections of a song to count as fair use,
    and can clip AROUND claimed audio to avoid that stuff,

but because I can't hear my burps or my jokes I am not…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?