Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

625 results found

1. VODs shouldn't begin playing until I click on them, or the play button in the corner.

As it is right now I need to set the browser to "Block Audio and Video" across the entire site in order to prevent the player from playing muted or unmuted.

But this also affects livestreams, which I would also like to have to option of autoplaying, either muted or unmuted.

Also, if it autoplays muted it should be possible to unmute simply by clicking on the video.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Sleep mode / Turn auto-play off / Auto-Opt out of raids setting

Please give the option to turn raids off as the viewer. I want to sleep I don't want my computer to stay on all night because people keep raiding each other. I want to save energy and I want my bedroom to go dark and silent. Advertisers are paying money for people who aren't even watching ads, pretty sure they don't want that either.
    As it is now if I want to go to sleep with media on I just make a little youtube playlist instead of watching…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sometimes, when I come back to edit a clip I have made during stream, the clip video will not properly load, and the seek bar will show -30 at the timestamp. You will not be able to seek to any other time in the video.

You also have to refresh the page over and over again in the hopes for it to eventually work. (Which increases view counts for some reason too FYI )

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I'd love an option in Advanced Video Settings to disable resizing of the video player, so it stays at the resolution I selected and can instead resize the window around it (or adjust the width of chat). The image clarity when viewing at the set resolution (even more if it's the source resolution) is a lot better than whatever random size fits in the space the player has with the browser full screen or however big it is when it's not full screen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I've been a twitch viewer since the site started, one thing that occurred to me is that I'd like a completely hands off way to watch twitch, which is sort of has now with hosting and when one streamer ends they can shift you to another streamer, it's one of the best things about twitch imo.

I want to expand on that, I want to be able to personally rate streamers I'm following and opt out of hosting and raiding and instead switch to my preferred next streamer when the stream I'm watching ends, so that I never have to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Twitch, please stop automatically muting the last 2 seconds of each clip in the highlight tool. This is absurd, I have to make all clips longer so the audio isn't cut off at the end of the important part of the clip that I'm making, which makes the clips very awkward by ending with an extra section of unimportant content.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Priority: p3
    Severity: s3
    Description: Logged user volume button not working properly
    Steps: 1: Open stream channel and mute steam volume.
    2: Reload the page.
    3: Click on volume mute button.
    Expected result: When clicking volume mute button to mute and unmute volume.
    Actual result: When clicking volume mute button nothing happens.
    Component: Streamer channel livestream
    Environment: Google Chrome Version: 106.0.5249.120
    Date: 27.10.2022

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be very useful if you added a function to the twitch player that takes audio from the streamer as input and outputs subtiles in english. in my case for example i follow a few french streamers but don't know french that well yet and I'd really like to know what they're saying so I searched for browser extensions but couldn't find one that did the job so I'm asking you if you could implement this idea to the platform, thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When I scroll through my library of clips, the thumbnail is too small to tell which clip it is and what is going on there. And it doesnt get bigger or smaller when I zoom my browser either.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi, Okay so I've countless and I know other people have countless beyond countless clips they have and want to share with others, but the current hassle is the only way these clips are ever even viewed is if we post it to another social media platform instead of adjusting the clip for the use of twitch and then editing later for other platforms.

The idea is this, its simple really, a clip page section that is next to the browse button. You click this, and it takes you to a total new area of twitch the has top clips…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. As an avid clipper in the community I'm in (I've made over 400 clips this year alone), there are a couple of absolutely infuriating bugs I've been dealing with for several years now.

The first issue is a bug where the first 60 seconds of video of the 90 seconds of captured, editable clip footage will completely disappear, and you'll be stuck with only the most recent 30 seconds. This presents itself in a strange way on the clip page, though. The in-video scroller counts the most recent 30 seconds of video captured as the first 30 seconds of the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When in theater mode, allow me to toggle visibility of the left 'followed channels' (and 'Recommended Channels' etc) bar.

Alternatively, make the video bigger (so you can't see channel name, title, tags) and allow me to toggle the search bar at the top. In this way, I would be able to have chat, stream and left bar visible, without wasted space by search bar

Currently, there are black bars to the left and right of the video I'm watching, even when chat is open on my ultra-wide monitor. This space could be filled by the bar on the left so…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. For years we (TheNORMIChannel) were providing educational, PSAs, and interviews about the Indoor Air Quality Industry as reruns because of work schedules of our audience. Now that you removed the rerun option, the information we provide is being limited by Twitch. I think since Covid you would agree Breathing is an important item. In any case, I fail to see how you put the importance of young girls talking while barely wearing anything over the thousands that watch our reruns about their environments and the technologies that can improve them. I understand that you run a business, but shame on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Current behaviour (in web browser):

You open a clip, and it start to autoplay, but the sound is muted. So you have to click unmute, and then rewind the clip, to hear the beginning. Annoying!

(I understand that muting autoplay videos is a choice made by web browsers.)

Better behaviour would be:

You open a clip, and it doesn't autoplay. You click play to start it, and then it doesn't need to be muted.

Alternative solution:

Place a "hint" by the unmute button, showing the user how to disable this behaviour in their browser. E.g. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/block-autoplay

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Implement a system that automatically uploads the Top Clips of the week (<7days) in a Twitch Story (similar to Instagram Story) - of course the Streamer has the ability to adjust the shown clips if necessary, but the initial upload is done by the system.

Short Pro's:
    - This enables viewers who can't spend several hours on Twitch to stay up to date about what happened recently in his/her favourite Twitch streams (they can easily browse through Twitch Stories without spending too much time)
    - Celebrate key moments with the community once again
    - Highlight the viewer who clipped it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When watching a creators videos in "Recent broadcasts" I want a feature that allows me to upvote/downvote their video.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I click on a previous broadcast (I can hear it) and select the Highlight button. There is no audio during playback. I can't hear a thing.

BUT, if I create a highlight anyway, there is sound on the highlighted video.
    This bug started about a week ago.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When you normally watch part of a vod, close the page, then reopen it later. It remembers where you left off. If you were to instead watch a vod by first selecting a chapter, if you close the page and reopen it later, it brings you back to the original timestamp of the chapter selected. I wish it would remember where I left off instead.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A video that is not live and pre-recorded, should show up as a rerun does. The chat experience with a pre-recorded is different than that of a live broadcast as there is no interaction/feedback from the steamer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Their should be a way you can search through clips without seeing the same user over and over... I don't wanna see the same popular streamers clips, I want to see new streamers clips so please add an option to sort by limited 1 clip per streamer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?