Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When downloading files, either label them according to a certain nomenclature that includes the broadcast date or allow an option for us to label them with a custom nomenclature. Either option is fine, because as it is currently they're labeled in a way that doesn't show which VOD was downloaded.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. If I subscribe, I want to see that streamer listed at the top of the left nav! Subscriptions are key, this would keep viewers connected to their subscribed streamers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Streams delete after 14 days (60 for prime) have videos go to archive and stream can choose to repost?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. kfc kfbk

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. We should be able to clip while and edit while Broadcasting and highlighting the Videos. i would love to review my video and clip the moments you miss as a small streamer with low views.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 weeks is too little time to go back and watch VODs. I went back to record a VOD for a demo reel for my casting and succeeded, but when I went to edit, I realized it recorded no sound. I've spent the past few days trying to figure out how to recover it so I could re-record, but I haven't been successful. I think if VODs were available for a month or if the current time was doubled to 4 weeks, it would be nice for situations similar to this and also being able to look back on what…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. There is a need for Twitch to implement a native audio compression tool to every stream, that users can toggle on/off to bring the audio ranges more in line. This is already a third party tool that's available and is incredibly useful on the user end that helps boost the lower audio ranges and decrease the screams/loud sounds.
    While it can be informative to tell the streamer that certain parts of their audio is higher/lower, the user end setup can produce different perceptions. Having a native compressor tool on Twitch will alleviate that issue so that each user can get…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can twitch please make it so when you finish live streaming it can actually stay on the page instead of delete. Iv posted everyday and forgot that your stream gets deleted in 16 days and it really broke me because now i dont see a reason to post anymore knowing that they are just going to be deleted in a matter of time. Can you guys please make it so we can keep our videos instead of it deleting in 16 or 60 days. We just want to keep our videos

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I've been streaming long content for the last week trying to get my channel up and running and I'm entirely unable to upload any of my previous videos for clipping and general content. What the actual f, man? Help. Please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. On PC it's already possible to decide the speed of the VOD you're watching - not on mobile though. I'd love if it was possible to also do it on mobile.

While we're at it, I'd also like there to be more different speeds - like 1.75, 2.25., 2.5, 3.

Best regads,
    Someone who does not have the time to watch a 4h VOD on mobile while not at home

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ReRuns (Wiederholungen) sollten bei Twitch eindeutig auch als ReRuns gekennzeichnet sein. Bei Twitch werden alle Kanäle egal ob der Streamer live oder ob es eine 24/7 (ReRun) Dauerübertragung ist, als Live dargestellt. In der Kanalübersicht links nicht zu unterscheiden. Erst wenn der Kanal aufgerufen wird, sieht man um was es sich handelt. Es kann also passieren das man eine ganze Weile nur auf Wiederholungen stößt bevor man dann wirklich einen Live Kanal mit dem Streamer findet. Hinzu kommt das kleinere Streamer die wirklich live sind benachteiligt werden und somit auch weniger Beachtung bekommen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. With the recommended clip section being posted at the bottom of the home page and there being a clear lack of a promotional algorithm, there is a easy alternative that could be implemented. Using the clips section to promote streams and adding a voting system. Giving users the ability to Like and Dislike clips presented to them and advertising the stream at the end of the clip. This could show users more clips from the recommended channel and channels similar to those. It could also popularize a section for the Top Twitch Clips for insert time period on the Home…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. If I mute a stream and then the streamer begins hosting someone else, the volume is reset at full blast. This can be pretty unpleasant. If you like to keep the volume settings channel-specific, which is understandable, you should probably add an exception for the "hosting-while-muted" case.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I think you should add a Twitch clips page on twitch just like Instagram has a search page on their website where you can show all of the trending clips it will also make it easier to add advertisements on them and you can also add an algorithm on it to

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. (History of the clip)

hello

my idea in History of the clip

Some people want to search for a specific clips in a specific year

and And also because of DMCA

same stremers can't find clips have DMCA so

like in pics : https://i.imgur.com/x7MYwtL.png

This pic : https://i.imgur.com/xF7h4xO.png

here can chosen clips In a specific year

and that all thing i have

I hope the idea has arrived

thank you for read

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I recently had a person on my stream, in live game say the N word. It would be nice to be able to mute that segment of Audio, instead of having to delete the entire video.

This kind of issue is disgusting and needs to be dealt with. I reported the person, but it will not have any real consequences.

Please consider putting a mute feature in the video editing section.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The ability to have you plus x amount of people share a view count where the viewer can controle which view they are viewing from, there could also be a system where when someone is viewing all its in a general and be sent to to the individual streamer when they are spesficly viewing them. Or just have one general chat

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Is this just me or using an overlay extension makes it invisible on the clips? It seems very aweful the way it records clips afterwards as making overlays from scratch is effort and time consuming. Please fix.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. As it says, so I can rewatch the "group-stream" like if I was watching it live.

Having the same button pointing the movie would be nice too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Now that DMCA has hit Twitch hard, a lot of streamers delete their VODs instantly after ended stream. And I can't usually watch streamers live, due to time difference. So this VOD thing needs to be fixed somehow. Else there is no point in me watching on here, if I can't view the content that is now being deleted. And I might just keep it to youtube then. Please do something about it, as I want to be able to watch VODs, as I used to! Post your best idea, so Twitch can implement. I think they could keep the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?