Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

624 results found

1. When exporting vods to YT, it would be really nice if we could add a thumbnail to the vod like we would if we were on YouTube and if the export function could flag if there are problems with your videos (i.e. this video has < or > in it, so it won't export). It's frustrating trying to carry over past vods then having to do extra steps when the bulk of the functionality already exists, and even more frustrating when I go to export, and get an email an hour later saying 'oh sorry, your export failed' with no…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Heya,

I was just wondering if it would be possible at some point to implement a feature where I could export all of the Markers on a stream as a text file at all? So it would just be a list of all of the time stamps, it would just be hugely helpful for the edit process.

But I understand if it is a more difficult thing to create than I think. :D

Thanks!

J (Side of Chips)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I miss checkmarks for highlights, so several highlights can be added at once to a collection.
    Also with checkmarks, set the category of the highlight.

Because PS4 streams often do not properly translate the category properly and you have to manually edit them game in the video producer.

Oh and memory on Firefox! My stream highlights (10 videos) are residual in my Firefox RAM and currently snack 12GB RAM (of 32GB).

Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In Theatre Mode when the chat is pushed off the screen by clicking the arrow, the player doesn't stretch to the bottom of the browser leaving a bit of black space at the bottom. Why not stretch the player all the way down to the bottom of the browser?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In OBS Studio and Streamlabs OBS, the streamer is able to Stream on certain Audio Tracks, and Record on certain Audio Tracks. As more and more integration with the OBS' and Twitch comes alive, this should be something that can be done. To simply put it, as a Streamer, I could put my Microphone on Audio Track 1, my Gameplay on Audio Track 2, my Music on Audio Track 3, my Voice Comms on Audio Track 4, and my OBS Alerts on Audio Track 5. Then, in the Twitch Video Player, give the Viewer the option to select which of…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I’ve noticed that lately all streamers have gotten addons that will disable double-click to fullscreen unless I disable the addon. This is actually extremely annoying, as you have to be pretty precise to hit the small full-screen button in the lower right, or I have to go and disable the addon every time. I never use it anyways, so maybe either enable doubleclick to fullscreen again, have the addon disabled by default (but I guess you have more stats of who are actually using it) or best of all, add some setting so I can disable it by default. It’s…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add in RSS Feeds for easy syndication into blogs, twitter and other platforms.

Create RSS Feeds for each of the following sections for channels:
    Past Broadcasts
    Highlight VODS
    Clips from your Channel
    Channel Feed Posts

Another one that maybe very useful is the last 10 or 20 chat messages from your channel or vod playbacks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. There should be a setting to adjust what quality video you want when opening streams

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Like how youtube has the more precise popup seek thing on long videos.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Description: Sometimes the buttons on the player, pause, mute, etc. are unable to be clicked on.

I've noticed this problem mainly while having a stream playing in another tab and tabbing back into it. e.g. have multiple streams open for events/tournaments. Have had it happen on multiple PC's

When this occurs I can still use 'Space' to pause the stream but I have to refresh the page to use the other buttons.

Repro: I'm not sure on exact repro steps, just keep a stream open in another tab, muted and check on it every now and then
    Conditions: I'm using…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add a simple keyboard shortcut to popout the video player. Shift+F feels natural to me (F alone is for fullscreen) but any other reasonably convenient WASD-area key will do.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hi Twitch!

I really like the implementation of being able to upload and crop clips into Tiktoks and YT shorts. I was wondering if we can further expand on this and possibily add a feature to that editor to allow for adding text to a video.

It would go a long way in in making the quality of those videos better, and it would expand the audience of those videos in general to people who don't actually watch videos with sound, but also help the retention rates of those videos, which helps the community as a whole so videos whole.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It's been behaving like this for about a week or two now.

I'll make a highlight with a very specific length and when I play it back it's longer than it should be

eg:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1941262145

When I created this I used 1:19:47-1:20:38 from the source broadcast, or 51 seconds long

Yet the final video plays beyond the 51 second mark and ends up being 59 seconds somehow!?

See also, mark a chunk, have a cut and mark another chunk. The finished product has no cuts for some reason?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Give users the ability to transfer ownership of clips they have made from one account to another but, have it on a cool down after they do it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sometimes I hop through a bunch of different streams and would like to go back but if the browser history doesn't have it, it can be impossible to find. It would be nice if Twitch had a list of the last 20 or so streamers you visited and you could pick from that list.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please show view count for Clips in Discovery Feed

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When watching a VOD, every couple of minutes a batch of ads plays. That's fine. However I often have the VOD running in an inactive window while doing other stuff. After the ads, the VOD doesn't continue playing unless I click the window. However, even if it just finished a batch of ads, the same ads will run again before the VOD starts back up. God forbid I click away from the window because it will do the same thing again without ever starting the VOD. To be honest this feels scammy towards the advertisers who pay you to play…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Found a bug where clip creation button isn't visible unless video is opened in popout player; furthermore, in popout player, the clip button is there but neither it nor the keyboard shortcut work

https://www.loom.com/share/79245a7bb1e04c989c86cd6bf541f25d?sid=cae27017-1baf-47b7-b5fa-a7a80985bf5d

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

19. I have 6 or more chatters interacting with my ChatBot, ie. Streamlabs Games and Such, and my Viewer Count shows 1 or 2 Viewers.. The Interaction lasts sometimes for over an hour and encompasses several ads.. As an Affiliate i am counting on these views for revenue. This is effecting my pocket book and not acceptable.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When the broadcaster is reviewing a past broadcast in the Highlighter it would be helpful to be able to create clips from that screen as well.

Currently you need to Watch the past broadcast (Or publish it, then watch), move to the desired timestamp and then create your clip.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?