Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hovering over a followed channel on the sidebar now shows the stream title AND still image preview of the stream. Some may like it but I find it too large and intrusive compared to the precursory, minimalist, title-only preview; would like option to disable/customize what pops up on hover.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Twitch should implement Pay-Per-View for Tournaments. This option would benefit streamers and the people participating in the tournament, as the Prize pool of the tournament can be increased as well as the opportunity to donate a percentage etc. Tyler1 and his Upcoming tournament would be an example of where this would benefit the stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I am pretty sure there are 2 bugs which are related to highlights:

When you want to highlight something then you get stuck on this forever: https://prnt.sc/zssyrh . I tried once waiting for several hours and nothing happened. You cannot open highlights then in video producer, and the only way will be through your channel's main page. It is pretty recent bug and I do not know how to fix this.

Previously you could watch highlighted videos' descriptions. You can still make a description but it does not show up anymore. And old video descriptions are missing too. Many others…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When a video is paused, the video is darkened and a large pause icon is placed over it.
    When a streamer is playing a game and text appears on screen, you will want to pause to have time to read it. However, the darkening and pause icon makes it very hard to read, sometimes impossible.
    For an example, look at someone streaming Civilization VI. There are often dialog boxes with lots of text, which are very hard to read when the video is paused.
    YouTube for example does not darken the text or put a pause icon when you pause…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Desde hace unos días pasa algo extraño con los clips, las miniaturas al compartir un link no salen o bien salen miniaturas q refieran a contenido de otros creadores

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Nice idea to just feature followers in chat sometimes, but shouldn't be used all or most of the time. Some might have good reasons to not follow a streamer and still want to chat with others. They should not be forced to follow a streamer to be able to chat with others. Twitch has tools to stop spam, trolls and they should be used instead of making the chat followers only.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Cuando transmiten capitulos de series como por ejemplo (pokemon, o videos de bob ross), sería muy bueno que tuviera la opción de activar subtitulos ya sea en español o cualquier otro idioma.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When downloading files, either label them according to a certain nomenclature that includes the broadcast date or allow an option for us to label them with a custom nomenclature. Either option is fine, because as it is currently they're labeled in a way that doesn't show which VOD was downloaded.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. If I subscribe, I want to see that streamer listed at the top of the left nav! Subscriptions are key, this would keep viewers connected to their subscribed streamers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Streams delete after 14 days (60 for prime) have videos go to archive and stream can choose to repost?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. kfc kfbk

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. We should be able to clip while and edit while Broadcasting and highlighting the Videos. i would love to review my video and clip the moments you miss as a small streamer with low views.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 2 weeks is too little time to go back and watch VODs. I went back to record a VOD for a demo reel for my casting and succeeded, but when I went to edit, I realized it recorded no sound. I've spent the past few days trying to figure out how to recover it so I could re-record, but I haven't been successful. I think if VODs were available for a month or if the current time was doubled to 4 weeks, it would be nice for situations similar to this and also being able to look back on what…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When I click "take a clip" from a past video (yesterday or before days), it opens a new windows but it gives me an unknown twitch error. "somethings went wrong" message

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. There is a need for Twitch to implement a native audio compression tool to every stream, that users can toggle on/off to bring the audio ranges more in line. This is already a third party tool that's available and is incredibly useful on the user end that helps boost the lower audio ranges and decrease the screams/loud sounds.
    While it can be informative to tell the streamer that certain parts of their audio is higher/lower, the user end setup can produce different perceptions. Having a native compressor tool on Twitch will alleviate that issue so that each user can get…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. What:
    Seperate volume control/mute for an additional "new" audio output (streamer defined). Mainly thinking music track here.

Why:
    As a sufferer of Attention deficit disorder, i often have a hard time focusing on/hearing the streamer.

Bonus:
    Replacing the played music with your own taste and the "having a stream on in the background while doing other stuff" viewing style.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can twitch please make it so when you finish live streaming it can actually stay on the page instead of delete. Iv posted everyday and forgot that your stream gets deleted in 16 days and it really broke me because now i dont see a reason to post anymore knowing that they are just going to be deleted in a matter of time. Can you guys please make it so we can keep our videos instead of it deleting in 16 or 60 days. We just want to keep our videos

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. On PC it's already possible to decide the speed of the VOD you're watching - not on mobile though. I'd love if it was possible to also do it on mobile.

While we're at it, I'd also like there to be more different speeds - like 1.75, 2.25., 2.5, 3.

Best regads,
    Someone who does not have the time to watch a 4h VOD on mobile while not at home

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. ReRuns (Wiederholungen) sollten bei Twitch eindeutig auch als ReRuns gekennzeichnet sein. Bei Twitch werden alle Kanäle egal ob der Streamer live oder ob es eine 24/7 (ReRun) Dauerübertragung ist, als Live dargestellt. In der Kanalübersicht links nicht zu unterscheiden. Erst wenn der Kanal aufgerufen wird, sieht man um was es sich handelt. Es kann also passieren das man eine ganze Weile nur auf Wiederholungen stößt bevor man dann wirklich einen Live Kanal mit dem Streamer findet. Hinzu kommt das kleinere Streamer die wirklich live sind benachteiligt werden und somit auch weniger Beachtung bekommen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?