Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

628 results found

1. Role's and Permissions for the Editor Role

access to clips and the edit'r tool to export to youtube

or make a new Role "Content manager"

there can see and edit clips and vod's

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Role's and Permissions for the Editor Role

access to clips and the edit'r tool to export to youtube

or make a new Role "Content manager"

there can see and edit clips and vod's

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi Twitch!

I really like the implementation of being able to upload and crop clips into Tiktoks and YT shorts. I was wondering if we can further expand on this and possibily add a feature to that editor to allow for adding text to a video.

It would go a long way in in making the quality of those videos better, and it would expand the audience of those videos in general to people who don't actually watch videos with sound, but also help the retention rates of those videos, which helps the community as a whole so videos whole.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I love to make clips, it's one of my favorite ways to interact with the community. I think I'm well over 1000 clips created at this point, mostly from one streamer's channel. Trying to find anything is a nightmare. The best way I've found to search is to sort by date and scroll until I think I'm in the range of the clip I want, press ctrl+F, and type in a word I think is in the title. Then, because I can't read more than one or two words from the title column, I have to guess which one on…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Creators need to be able to edit clips like we can VODS. Some folks make a clip but don't realize they can capture just a moment and we end up with clips that are too long.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Can a feature be added to our videos - clips, highlights, past broadcasts - displaying whether or not we have downloaded that video? This would make it very easy to tell whether a video hasn't been downloaded yet and would be useful for anyone using clips or video to post elsewhere.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Ana responded

Love this concept. I have merged in another idea that was specifically asking for visible markers for exported VODs, but I think overall your idea encompasses this. Just letting everyone know.

7. Hello,
    I have a feature request concerning VODs (so it concerns both categories, I chose the second one, just because).

The user YHCHKN_ proposed a great idea with his 'Watch Later' feature
    but I still considered my idea worth being shared to come in addition to his.

As a big twitch consumer, I have many VODs from many creators that I would like to watch. And in place of having plenty of tabs of these VODS waiting for me to have free time to watch them, a dedicated feature would be more than useful (not only for me I hope).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. As you may know, picture may become blurry when Video's Resolution is different from Display Resolution(player's size).

Comparison of "theater on 1440p" vs "popup1080p": https://imgur.com/a/ES2kCfA

Would be nice to have option to make Display Resolution to match source. Blank space could be filled with background color. Also it make sense to let user to reposition "video player" within "filler area" e.g. attach to left/right/top etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Theater Mode  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I'm having the same problem creating clips, it always shows up in red "Oops, something went wrong." and I thought I might have reached a maximum "limit" of clips and saw that I created clips when I was trying to create new clips, and deleting those, one by one, in one of those deletions, deleted ALL my previous clips. Can you solve this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It took me a very long time to find out where to actually find my markers when I do use them on stream, because they are hidden away in the highlighter section. Would you consider adding stream markers to our VODs so that they are 1. easier to find and 2. Even easier for us to make clips from our VODs rather then having to go into the highlighter first then finding where the marker is from there!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The highlight editor is a much nicer tool to make a stack of Clips with in the first place.

I don't have many making clips of stuff I do on my channel.
    But scrubbing content to turn into clips my self is a lotta work, compared to just making a stack of 30-40 seconds length highlights from easy set marker points made during the stream.
    But highlights don't benefit from the recent changes to Clips...
    So it would benefit my workflow and time greatly if the highlight editor could also just make the short highlight as Clips instead.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It has happened to me more often now that viewers create clips that end up in the wrong category.

However, since clips cannot be edited later or moved to the correct category, I usually delete them.

I wish there was an easy way to edit the category of the clips as the channel owner.

So that the clips don't chill in Just chatting or in the other wrong category.

You can't even change the name of the clip.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I love that Twitch have added the feature to share clips directly to Youtube shorts and TikTok!

However, sometimes viewers make clips which aren't always clipped to show the actual highlight.

It would be very nice if we could clip in the editor, where we also choose the frames, so we can catch the highlights.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be a great feature to add for the viewers to be able to control the volume at which we can individually hear the streamers separately from the streaming content. While I think it's important that they be able to monetize their streams in the way they see fit, sometimes I just want to watch the content without hearing the streamers. Especially because their volumes are all different and I want the option to control how much of them I hear versus the gameplay.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Remove the ability to stream at 60 fps, that'll immediately cut the costs of those streams using that by almost half. Then limit max resolution to 1080p and if you want to go further you can limit viewing a stream to 720p unless you're subscribed to that streamer which will then allow you to watch in 1080p. Some people may be upset about the latter but if you want to cut costs and become profitable that may well do it. It may even increase people subbing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video Player  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. How about listing clips from the VOD that im watching below the video player so it's easier to watch the highlights from that specific vod. Make it so you can sort "Clips from this VOD" instead of just "Top 24H/7D/30D/All" (●__●)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I wish viewership wasn’t a public thing. I wish it was something only the streamer/mods could see, if they wanted.

No view counts on any channel. I believe this would provide more discoverability, limit trolls, open up more raiding opportunities and give other viewers the chance to go into channels that they wouldn't normally go to because they have "too many viewers". Plus, sponsors would have to look into how the streamer interacts with their community instead of basing sponsorships solely on viewership. If they want that information, they can always ask AFTER they realize they like your content.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Whenever i want to go fullscreen, there is no way for me to see chat unless the streamer has their own chat on screen. It would be great to have an ability to pop out a transparent chat window that you can move around while in fullscreen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video Player  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. With the upcoming feature of local transcoding via OBS, I have a simple request, two fold:

1. Allow the user to still manage custom settings for quality. The mention of "autoconfig wizard" is worrying, since I work hard to do custom encoding settings to make streams look better for my content.

2. Allow high bitrate 1080p streams. 1080p still has issues with 6 Mbps and H264. If we are going to have 1440p or 4K streams that are going to probably push 20-30+ Mbps, it would be great to have an option of a "High Bitrate 1080p" stream. It would be the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Give users the ability to transfer ownership of clips they have made from one account to another but, have it on a cool down after they do it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?