Video Features

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. let streamers stream on chromebook

some people dont have laptops or other pc. and sometimes people want to stream on the chromebook because they cant get to their other pc so at least try to make it work

15 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Watch Later Queue

It'd be great to be able to add content to a queue that I can then watch later, in the order it was added, at my convenience.

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In Review  ·  Catherine Hsiao responded

Great idea, we definitely want to work on making the viewing experience better. How often would you say you add things to watch later, and when do you usually return to watch things that you have saved?

3. Collections Bug -- Can't add more than 100 Collections, no error message

I'm using the Collections tab as a way to add a single playlist/video collection for every game I've played on Twitch. After adding my 100th Collection, I can't add a 101st Collection. There's no on-screen error, I just click "New collection", type the name and click Create, and nothing happens. Is it intended that we are limited to 100 Collections? If so, I think the limit should be advertised, and there should be a visible error when trying to add the 101st collection. Thanks!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keep the editing mode button for 24 hours

It is great that now we can edit clips right after creating them, but could you please just add the button "Edit" that would remain for the following 24 hours on the clip page? Sometimes I want to edit clips made in API, sometimes I just close the page where editing is still possible but then rewatch it on the next day and want to trim it just a bit (really inconvenient to go to the main video and make a new clip).

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Be able to combine clips into one video

A feature that could be able to attach specific clips that are either originally clipped or edited all together. This feature would be great to express content on a larger level then just one video at a time. It would save a lot scrolling for more content for the viewer/follower. Also, with this, you could input a "starred" feature that brings a specific video or videos to the top of your feed. This will allow this best content to be seen instead of tucked away when more content is added.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please add Delete and Categories to Clips.

On clips, the list gets long with content we enjoy from our channel to others. It would be really nice to delete the ones that mean nothing anymore. It would help us keep it clean and organized.

Talking about organizaion, adding categories that you can named yourself would be amazing. Whether you want to keep a collection of your own or another specifc streamer. This would be a good way to bring all the videos that you want to keep together.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In Review  ·  Allan Hui responded

Thanks for the feedback. We’re definitely looking into ways for users to better manage the collection of clips. The categories is an interesting idea. Would be curious to see how people vote on this.

7. Add a Comments Section to Twitch Clips

Proposal to add a comments section to Twitch Clips, similar to YouTube videos (hopefully better comment quality).

Since Twitch Clips is static content (not live), it'd be nice to be able to comment on the Clips with other users. Ideally, the comments would have a like/dislike or upvote/downvote system similar to that of Reddit or YouTube.

Lastly, maybe the broadcaster then should be able to 'pin' a comment at the top of the comments below the video if they want to say something about the clip (incase it's about drama or controversial).

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. quicker processing times

need to have a quicker processing frame rate so the video won't take so long to be fully "view-able"

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Subfolder for Highlights

Hello.

My Suggestion is that there should be Subfolder in our Highlights. Why? So I have a lot of Highlights from many different games and to find some Highlights is pretty annoying because of scrolling, so a perfect solution for that would be if we have Subfolders per game for every Highlight.

So User can click on the "Hearthstone Folder" is they search for a good Hearthstone Match, or they click on the "Fifa Folder" for Best Goals and so on...

I think that would make the Highlight Section more comfortable for everyone :)

Thank you.

115 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Faster processing of videos after upload

Hello maybe faster processing of videos after the upload...
    Maybe it is an bug...I dont know but I think it is really slow processing

greetings!

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "Recording Date" Field

Especially with the Upload system just now launching, many streamers are uploading very old VODs. The Upload Date isn't really indicative of the quality to expect from that same streamer's channel today. Having an official field to specify the "Recording Date" (date the video was actually recorded) and later allowing Twitch users to sort by Recording Date would be helpful to see when videos were actually recorded. The Recording Date can default to the Upload Date if unspecified by the streamer.

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In Review  ·  Allan Hui responded

Good idea. Yes, we’ve heard from video creators who are interested in moving their entire collections to Twitch. So a field like this would definitely be valuable.

12. Channel-Specific Games Browser

With Uploads, streamers can keep their VOD archive forever. It is finally possible to see a record of every game an individual streamer has played in their career by reviewing their Uploads page. It would be cool to add a "Games Browser" for each channel that mirrors the existing site-wide Games Browser. You would get a searchable view of all of the games represented in a channel's Uploads sorted by total # Views for each game. Streamers could use this to link to archives for specific games they've played on Twitch the way we can currently link to specific games…

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow to see clips of the costum date range

I love the new addition of the top clips of the day/week/month/all time but I would love even more if I was able to select to show clips only from random date and time to random date and time as maybe back then some interesting streams or my favorite streamers were live etc. etc. Would make it even greater experience atleast for me if that's possible.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Option to opt out or limit of Clips

As the streamer, to opt out of displaying clips of your channel publicly, or setting a limit on history.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Show Processing progress as percentage

The progress (in percentage) shows when uploading a video, but when Processing that video, no percentage is shown. I've uploaded long (3.5 hours) videos that just show a simple spinning graphic, but eventually successfully finish. For everyday users without patience, it's unclear if the Processing is working or not.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Offline Animated Loop

Either an animated GIF, PNG or MP4 that can loop on repeat, or on play button, while channel is offline

An old feature that may or may not exist in a similar capacity is rebroadcasting on repeat from the existing video library (not 100% sure if that still exists)

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Processing . . .

The user experience is waiting, impatience, etc. Processing is what it is. You could give the user something while waiting. Even just a couple happy faces or something. Despite technology limitations, the interface needs to work for the user and help the user feel peaceful about what they are doing. Think of it more as on opportunity.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hide/unlist videos/highlights/uploads on your channel.

Making highlight clips for downloading from Past Broadcasts, but not publish clips on your video feed. Can download different clips and but them together as one to upload video section. (with video editing software/site video editor not needed)

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Rerun list is difficult to manage when adding new videos

All the new videos I add go to the bottom of an almost 5 hr list of videos, but I would like for the newer ones to show first. This is multiplied be the amount of videos I add after creating from a past broadcast of about 2 hr average. Dragging 10-15 videos up the list is tedious.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base