Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

629 results found

1. I have just thought of an idea, which is to allow viewers to hit a "Like" button so when I see the Replays, it can show me when there is a lot of "Likes". It will allow me to check the best moments as I could just click the "most liked moments" in the Replays.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I love the clips feature and highlight feature. But highlights cannot be re highlighted afterwards. It would be nice if clips could be a little longer to help include say boss fights, endings or other special circumstances that are a few to several minutes long.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Recently tried to make ~15-20 minutes of highlights from 2 different vods. After creating all of the segments and publishing, the highlight that published started at some random timestamp from the first VOD for about 6-7 minutes then went into the segments from the first VOD, the second VOD's segments weren't included. I tried the same thing over again and it happened exactly the same.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There is a VOD problem that started a month ago. VODs that were created on a Thursday, supposed to be deleted 2 weeks or 1 month later on a Thursday, are being removed on a Wednesday. This isn't for my channel, this is for some people, so it is somewhat random. Please fix this issue. Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. My original tweet idea with a diagram: https://twitter.com/Shonen_Ronin/status/1484374423985549313

I have a new idea for clips.

A folder system for clips. Vods dont stay up long so this wouldnt work for it permanently, but on a temporary note, it would work.

It would make it so much easier for me to know what clips i edit and trimmed or re-titled for upload. So i could make folders for games. Make a new clip, title it, and drag it into said folder. Then i can have said folder titled "Clips to upload" or "Clips not to upload" for example. Now when i…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Twitch could have a subtitle feature for live content in English/Portuguese as we could watch it live in our native language or another language, as well as contribute to learning and fun at the same time.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. de pouvoir télécharger les clips sur les chaines sans être éditeur

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I think something should be done with reruns, like the feature to add overlays on top of it for follows or a chat box, and maybe some game overlay or something to make it not just feel like a VOD with a chatbox

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When ever I have paused a stream, and left the tab open. It has every single time been irritating when i am raided into a new channel. Sometimes i am on mobile and use up all my mobile data without knowing, sometimes I pause a stream and leave the PC before i go to bed, and then wake up because i've been raided into some stream. Or im inside a game and i don't know where the sound is coming from and have to go through my 20-30 some tabs in the middle of a game.

When I have paused…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. There needs to be a way to search or filter by game in a particular streamer's channel to find specific vods or clips instead of scrolling back years, and then having to either find and save all the links, or scroll again every time you get back to it, just to watch a particular game all the way through.

For example: I wanted to watch a streamer's Noita videos from a year or more ago. I had to scroll back through every stream vod he had done in that time to find it, and bookmark the second video for after…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The dashboard tells me that markdown is supported for a VOD, and when I type in a plain text URL into the description the editor silently converts it to hyperlink markdown when I save the changes to the description.

When I view the video, the description contains raw markdown, and markdown such as double-space for line breaks is ignored, as well as the automatically-generated URL markdown. It looks REALLY bad to users, and markdown definitely is NOT supported despite what the portal is telling me.

Since markdown does not appear to be supported, you should also not force plaintext URLs…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Pressing , or . will go back 1 frame or forward 1 frame just like on youtube. Sometimes I want to see how many frames it took for someone to kill the streamer I'm watching on Valorant for example.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hello Twitch & Twitch Developers,

I had the idea and I think this an inevitably awesome feature idea to have multiple camera angles set up as separate streams within the same stream. For my example I want to broadcast me playing piano from sheet music with education and follow along tracking in mind. If I have three cameras wouldn’t it be great to have a camera on the sheet music, one on the top down piano, and one showing me from a side or front angle. That way the user could join the stream seeing me playing as the main…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Typing a single quote [ ' ] into the video description field for a highlight gets transformed into the HTML entity ' - which wouldn't be a problem if that was what got spat out on the VOD page, but it isn't, we see the raw escaped entity in the description.

This is a pretty big problem for languages that use that mark as punctuation, like, y'know, English. The most commonly spoken language in the world and also the language we are writing in right now.

You can see the issue on this VOD page: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1131783457

Please fix asap! Cheers

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The playback controls in the video player are very difficult to see for many streams. The icons are very small, and there is often not enough contrast against the video.

Please (1) enlarge the playback controls and (2) darken and/or enlarge the gradient overlay between the controls and the video.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Adding a Character Limit Cap Requirement on the Title. Whenever I export my VODs to YouTube with the Twitch's 160 Character Limit title, when they go to YouTube they are cut off due to the 100 character limit. Can we put something in place that stops the user from exporting until they shorten the title?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. While im working I like to watch my favorite streamers but I'm having a hard time because I have to alt-tab every time and sometimes I missed good moments on the stream.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Every streamer runs into a few issues with trolls. Half of the time with trolls or DMCA content, users have to completely delete VODs. Well, unlike Twitch but on other platforms you're able to edit "VODs" a lot more with a lot more detail. That included to making parts quiet, to louder. Replacing or adding music to the vod, or even bluring or blocking unsafe content for the vod and even removing DMCA content from the vod without removing your whole vod to follow through with DMCA.

These systems have been around for ages and I'm completely flabbergasted about twitch's…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Meine Idee
    Das Fenster im Twitch auf 9-12 kleine Fenster teilen, damit man nicht immer mit den Tabs hin und her switchen muss, dass ist ziemlich mühsam. Ich persönlich schaue mehrere Streamer gleichzeitig.
    Jedes kleine Fenster wäre live aber nur eines hat Ton, der mit einem Mausklick (Cursor auf dem Fenster) aktiviert oder deaktiviert wird. Will man den Twitch, falls der in diesem Moment einem gefällt im großen Fenster sehen, so klickt man mit der Maus zweimal auf das Fenster und es vergrößert sich mit Bild und Ton.
    Mir ist aufgefallen das Streamer die zB. während des Spielens im GTA…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Watching Twitch streams is killing my mobile plan. I would love the option to download streams/videos to my phone. not just clips.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?