Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. There is a need for Twitch to implement a native audio compression tool to every stream, that users can toggle on/off to bring the audio ranges more in line. This is already a third party tool that's available and is incredibly useful on the user end that helps boost the lower audio ranges and decrease the screams/loud sounds.
    While it can be informative to tell the streamer that certain parts of their audio is higher/lower, the user end setup can produce different perceptions. Having a native compressor tool on Twitch will alleviate that issue so that each user can get…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. If I mute a stream and then the streamer begins hosting someone else, the volume is reset at full blast. This can be pretty unpleasant. If you like to keep the volume settings channel-specific, which is understandable, you should probably add an exception for the "hosting-while-muted" case.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I recently had a person on my stream, in live game say the N word. It would be nice to be able to mute that segment of Audio, instead of having to delete the entire video.

This kind of issue is disgusting and needs to be dealt with. I reported the person, but it will not have any real consequences.

Please consider putting a mute feature in the video editing section.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The ability to have you plus x amount of people share a view count where the viewer can controle which view they are viewing from, there could also be a system where when someone is viewing all its in a general and be sent to to the individual streamer when they are spesficly viewing them. Or just have one general chat

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Shortcut ''F'' for full screen doesnt work if you have a language other than english selected in windows, youtube doesnt seem to care and it works in any language, so..

plz fix, thx.

same applies to other shortcuts

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. i would like to have a option to cut only the music. i dont know how to code it. when i go to a streamer sometime their music is not my style. but i like the streamer

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Dear Twitch team,

Could you please add settings to the video player in the Twitch mobile app or web for mobile devices allowing user to increase video speed (1.25, 1.5, 2 times) of past broadcasts (VODs) as it is possible on the web for desktops?

OR

Problem on the web for desktops is that it is not possible to jump few seconds forward and backward in the video using tablet or mobile device as these devices do not have arrow keys. Could you add there into the video player an icon allowing the jump forward/backward on a "mouse" click or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be nice to add something where I can mute the music the streamer is playing and only listen to him speaking. Its just sometimes the music the streamer is playing is not what I want to listen to but I still want to hear what hes saying or I would like to listen to my own music instead .I think this would also remove the the muting of some parts of the Vods because of the copyrighted music

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Twitch already has a feature that blocks profanity in chat. Twitch needs to also have a feature that blocks profanity the streamer uses during live streams or at least block the profanity used after the stream is seen after it is not live. Doesn't make sense to block profanity in chat, but viewers have to listen to the streamer use such language.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. webcam over stream in fullscreen PC. It was possible to resize and position the webcam for viewers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I suggest that we are allowed to permanently save streams so that people who visit our channels have something to watch all the time when we are offline.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Disable AUTO on video player. Even if you choose 720p after sometime it switches back to auto and freezes the stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. poder assistir a live,mesmo sem interagir com o chrome,podendo até utilizar outros programas,como jogos,por exemplo

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would really love to be able to decide how loud the streamers voice and the streamers game is for me.
    Normally Streamers have to decide how loud everything together is.
    Iam not sure if this is possible, but i guess you can have different channels on one audio stream, why not make one for the game and one for voice.
    Then it could be possible for the viewer to decide how loud he wants to hear these channels.
    Thank you :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. option to allow only subs to make clips

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sorry for the language, but if you need to, just translate from 'pt-BR'. It was written "click here to write your idea" in my language so I think I can write.

Vejo muitas streams e as vezes a pessoa que está transmitindo deixa alguma fonte tapar algo por engano, por exemplo, a webcam.
    Podia ter uma opção pro streamer renderizar a fonte (a webcam neste caso) como uma "segunda tela" para que a pessoa que estiver assistindo possa movimentar ela na tela da twitch, aumentar ou até desabilitar a fonte.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be awesome if there could be a "TV" mode where you can pick and setup a custom list of streams to pull up and it would auto cycle them based on either time or priority of who was live. Chat would auto switch to whatever channel that you're currently on and if someone went live that was as higher priority, it would automatically put them on.

Beyond that, it would be nice to have the list of channels that were live and be able to override the priority setting

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'd like to do 3D videos using twin camera capture. There is a technically 3D compatible mode on most video editors, but unfortunately uses side-by-side-half mode, and though technically compatible, it's only as compatible as Red and Cyan mode, if you don't own the proper glasses, it's watchable, but it's ugly. More than a minute gives people a headache.

You tube has a 3D tag, which activates "playback conversion mode". It's natively stored as 3D side-by-side half, and can be converted to 2D and other 3D formats, so you can it in 3D in the way you currently have, and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Twitch need to contact Oculus to add Twitch streaming to Oculus Quest.

Oculus Quest is standalone vr headset which has great games like beat saber, rec room etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It is confusing and unclear for users that hot keys in twitch player only work with english layout. Please make it layout independent.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?