Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

75 results found

1. Please allow filter to remove "Not Interested" streams when browsing VODs. If we're not interested in their Live stream, we're not interested in their VODs either. It makes it tougher to find new content while browsing game category VODs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Currently, if you have a link to a deleted VOD, there's no way to find who uploaded it. This is very annoying. Say you have an old saved tab with a VOD you were watching. You open it, and it's deleted. You have to guess based on the saved title (if you have it) of the tab who you were watching.

A solution to this issue would be making deleted VOD pages contain the name of or redirect to the channel that uploaded them. Or alternatively just adding an optional (to not break existing links) param to the URL pattern…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Twitch needs a stripped back youtube-esque library section for creators to upload their stream vods or edited videos. Most creators use youtube to upload their past and current content, however the trend im seeing recently is that most genuine creators are fed up with youtubes algorithms and minority of toxic members spreading hate and hurtful comments. If Twitch could create this idea i think it would revolutionize their platform and they would be able to somewhat compete with youtube for content creation. Thanks for listening to my idea.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When streaming for the first time twitch should ask you if you want to add it as a VOD. If yes then it should bring you to settings so you set it as a VOD after streaming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When reading chat messages on VODs, scrubbing through the vod shows only the chat messages after the point where you scrub to. Would love to have previous chat messages stay while scrubbing through the vod the same way that feature works on desktop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Transforms VODs into IPFS, they will never be deleted and with nft.storage you can upload files with 31GiBs or use ipfs.io 👍

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. There is a VOD problem that started a month ago. VODs that were created on a Thursday, supposed to be deleted 2 weeks or 1 month later on a Thursday, are being removed on a Wednesday. This isn't for my channel, this is for some people, so it is somewhat random. Please fix this issue. Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Notes on twitch vods:
    Idea born from the need to be able to express my opinion even not being present in the live streamers (mainly I watch VODs).
    A simple and functional idea which would add a button with which it will be possible to leave a note and let the streamer (and the rest of the viewers) know what you think about a certain topic.
    I think it's a very useful feature, which could bring new content for streamers and a lot more freedom for VOD viewers like me.
    I hope you like this idea too, thank you very…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Keep Vod data on Twitch. Streamers set Vods to subscriber only because it is a nice benefit for them, but non subscribers can use simple websites that bypass subscription only vods as well as deleted ones and watch them. Which cuts down revenue for twitch as well as streamer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Yo creo que eso es algo favoreceria a todos, los que quieran borrarlos lo dejan activado el vencimiento y los que los quieran mantener lo desactivan y asi siempre tendrias tus directos en tu canal y no tendrias que subirlos a youtube para tenerlos, descargartelos o lo que sea

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Streamers should be able to alert their followers that a new VOD is published on their channel.
    I find it unfortunate that the visibility for a streamer is just when they start a live stream and not when they work for their channel after live.

(sorry for my bad English)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We are a cognitive neuroscience lab studying how video games can promote improved reading and attentional ability. The goal of our research is to determine what qualities of video games are most beneficial to reading and attentional ability, so that game developers and clinicians can work together to design therapeutic games to help individuals with reading or attentional disorders, such as dyslexia.
    As part of this research we analyse gameplay videos of people playing various video games to determine which characteristics of video games are most beneficial to reading and attentional ability. Your platform is an excellent source of public…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. am unable to remove Content Tags from a VOD currently.

How to reproduce
    When trying to remove tags on a VOD, when hitting Save, this error occurs.

Expected behavior
    Content Tags should be removed from the VOD when I hit Save.

Additional context or questions
    Using latest Chrome on MacOS

Cannot see how to attach them, I posted screenshots of the error here:
    https://github.com/twitchdev/issues/issues/421

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Maybe you could add an option to add multiple categories?

Sometimes, halfway through my stream I'll switch categories because there's nothing left to do, for example, Genshin, and then head over to another game. However, you'd have to head into stream manager and switch the title and the category. Once the stream is over and the video gets uploaded, it places it under only one category.

You could fix this by allowing us to add multiple categories in the stream! Or maybe, you could separate the videos once you switch the game?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When downloading files, either label them according to a certain nomenclature that includes the broadcast date or allow an option for us to label them with a custom nomenclature. Either option is fine, because as it is currently they're labeled in a way that doesn't show which VOD was downloaded.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?