Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

75 results found

1. While I am watching an old broadcast, usually the day or two after it happened, I want to catch up on a few things. I do not watch the entire thing, but usually skip along to key moments. I would appreciate a few different ways to know where to skip along the time track on bottom. For example, if there were markings along the bar that showed where clips were taken. This would let watchers know that something "big" happened there and worth stopping there along the skip. A "Next Clip" button with this could let the user skip along…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Similar to YouTube where you can save vods from different channels to a playlist to watch back to back instead of having to hunt through the channels you normally watch.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Ana responded

Hey,

Thank you for your suggestion - it's great. Just wanted to mention I have moved it to Video Features > VODs for further consideration. Have a good day!

3. Allow Streamer to set who can download VODs (viewers, subs, mods) and add a button to download the VOD, also add the option to download the VOD's chat w/o it (it can be a .srt file so it can be used with any player).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As a mod I get access to watch unpublished vods of the past streams that the creator I'm modding for has done. What I don't get is why the chat is not visible when watching these unpublished vods? If the chat were visible, it would make it so much easier for us mods to look back at certain points of the stream, and give reports to what has been happening in a vod without everyone else given access to it.

What I would love to see is:

• Full chat on unpublished VODs.
    • A time marking feature visible for mods and…
    8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I love playing back recent broadcasts from music streamers and want to "like" them so I know and they know that their broadcast was viewed and enjoyed. I'm already following them, but giving kudos for a recent broadcast would be really nice to have.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'd like to know when my past streams are about to be deleted so that I can watch them with my friends one last time before they're gone forever. It's not fun when something good that you did that was recorded is just deleted forever like that.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Many times when watching VODs, you just want to see the highlights without watching the entire thing. This would make it easier to stay up to date on your favorite streamer or get a feel for a streamer you're interested in watching.

An elegant way to be able to do that could be with a histogram on the progress bar based on chat frequency.

A competitor recently implemented histograms on their progress bars based on most watched parts but given that the majority of watch time on Twitch is live and uninterrupted, having it based on chat would be more…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The thumbnail preview for scrubbing through vods is so inaccurate, and it sucks to use for people that need to find specific points in vods.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow streamer to mute VOD sections and re-publish to be sure the mute is in the correct places (the auto-muting is quite often off the mark).

Giving the option to mute the section in the vod while live would be awesome as well. For example, when playing a game that has copyrighted music in it we could easily start the muted section just for the VOD without muting in the live stream. This would be particularly helpful for playing games that have copyright music in the soundtrack which is safe to live stream but not to have stored in the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please add in RSS Feeds for easy syndication into blogs, twitter and other platforms.

Create RSS Feeds for each of the following sections for channels:
    Past Broadcasts
    Highlight VODS
    Clips from your Channel
    Channel Feed Posts

Another one that maybe very useful is the last 10 or 20 chat messages from your channel or vod playbacks.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It seems a lot creators play more than one Game per Stream. But it's just possible to tag the VOD in 1 categorie, even maybe streamed in 2 or 3. And even if they change the category while streaming, the VOD will have just 1 category.
    So if users search in the 2., they will not see the VOD even the creator streamed that game too.

That's bad for the creators who miss potential new followers and bad for the viewers who maybe miss a good stream.

If I search for VODs in a category, I wanna see all fitting…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. After making VODs it's difficult to find one from a specific date. We need a sort option for date streamed, date archived, ect.
    Clips have this option but not videos.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When watching a VOD, every couple of minutes a batch of ads plays. That's fine. However I often have the VOD running in an inactive window while doing other stuff. After the ads, the VOD doesn't continue playing unless I click the window. However, even if it just finished a batch of ads, the same ads will run again before the VOD starts back up. God forbid I click away from the window because it will do the same thing again without ever starting the VOD. To be honest this feels scammy towards the advertisers who pay you to play…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. This isn't the place for this but there is no place for it so it must spill over. This in and of itself is concerning.

You're automated systems have been notifying me about deleting "vods" and changing my account settings. I use my channel to store security footage and run radio station. Security footage that is required for police investigations is sometimes uploaded to YouTube. So if anything you have deleted content that is was being used in a police investigation. I just wanted to let you know, I'm not super concerned with it, I believe the incident in question…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hi,

Your support said me that "From September 1, there will be a small change in the VOD retention periods. VODs will remain saved for 60 days for most partners as well as Prime and Turbo users. For affiliates and other streamers, VODs will remain saved for 7 days before being deleted."

Why are you doing this ? To be affiliated takes time, a lot of time. You have to keep your spirits up and fight.

There is nothing worse than having a page without vod when you come across a streamer. It's empty, it doesn't make you want to.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. because sometimes i wasn't done highlighting a VOD that is about to expire but saying I have 1 day left before it's gone which is fine, but the next day it so happens to have expired. Some of the VODs have 0 days left but then it outlasts the other VODs that were supposed to be gone. So not sure if this is a thing but I do hope there would be a proper implementation of a better countdown timer for expiring VODs

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When it is recorded they can specify a cut and when the stream appears in "Past Broadcasts" it will appear as 2 videos which switch at the point of the cut, with the game and title being that set at the start of each.

So say I start a livestream I call "building a bridge" and the game is "minecraft" and later switch to "tf2 and the title "I'm gunna git you sukka", then specify a cut, 2 past broadcast VODS will be created.

One with game minecraft called "building a bridge"
    The second with game TF2 called "I'm gunna…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would love to have a mod I trust edit a clip for me and export it to YouTube or tiktok.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Would be nice to be able to select a frame from the vod preview as a thumbnail for the video.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add an option to have your messages not show up on VODS.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?