Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

142 results found

1. Sometimes there are clips out there with "Rude / Stupid / unchanged" names, but they might have some great content in it. Therefor it's probably the best if the streamer would be allowed to change titles of their clips.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I accidentally delete all my clips after selecting 2 and selecting delete clips. Maybe their can be an "Undo delete" button when notified that all clips have been deleted and or for like 24 hours after the delete.... Or maybe a deleted clips section where for 24 hours you can select which specific clips to restore.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. On September 24th I posted an idea for a new app for Twitch that would be like TikTok or YouTube for Twitch clips, this is because short form content is much more consumable.

Upon discussion and feedback from streamers this should not be an app, since it would be much harder to get people to download and use the app. Instead this should be built right into the site already.

On the front page where you see the 4 purple buttons that say Games, IRL, Music and ESports, there should be a 5th tab called Discover or maybe better yet…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I love the clips feature and highlight feature. But highlights cannot be re highlighted afterwards. It would be nice if clips could be a little longer to help include say boss fights, endings or other special circumstances that are a few to several minutes long.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would really like it if twitch would include our stream titles, vod title, and clip titles in the sites meta description so it shows up in (close to real time) google search.

I recently browsed a stream on Trovo live and found that they do in real time syncing with google search twitch does not.

By even reverse searching twitch stream titles nothing shows up in google search, this is frustrating.

I would also like to be able to search in twitch for stream/clip,vod titles and have them show up in a search results page.

please add this

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I wish there was a way to change when your clips start and ends so you can pin point the exact thing you were trying to clip to share. Example: wanted to clip a moment in Elden Ring and instead ended up with a 30 second clip when I needed a 10 to 15 second clip.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have had VODs unpublished due to things like detecting copyrighted content in a game I was playing, which is fine on it's own. I can just republish the VOD, or allow the clip to be muted, and any subsequent VODs due to forgetting to switch VOD publishing back on can be republished. However, the chat does not re-associate with any clips made that stream even when the VOD is published again. I would appreciate having the chat available for these moments, especially when the stream JUST happened.
    It's also unfortunate that a VOD's expiry deletes the chat replay from…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be nice to be able to choose the default max length of a clip when an Elgato Stream Deck is integrated. For example, I've opted to make clips myself using the "Create Clip" action on the Stream Deck. My gripe with this is that all the clips default to 30 secs. This is unfortunate when there are moments that are within the 90 sec. max, but fall outside of the 30 sec. default. So, on Twitch's end, either in the Stream Manager or in the Clips section in Settings, I'd like to see a "Change Default Max Length"…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. This is the msg from the page i got after 5 minutes of refreshing and waiting for it to load with nothing open in the background not even twitch.
    "Well this is awkward… Something went wrong.

Refresh the stream and try again, or tell us what happened."

https://clips.twitch.tv/clips/500

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I am Autor of clip.
    How can I know, why my clip is deleted?
    I Editor of channel. I can't see, who deleted my clip and why.
    Streamer can't help me too.

How can I check what happened with my clip?

Please, create an information system for this (for autors, for editors, for streamers).

• If clip is deleted by the Editor of channel — Write this "Removed by Editor" (and not required: editor comment).
    • If clip is deleted by the Twitch (Administrator/Moderator/Editor/or another role) — Write this with a reason.
    • If clip is deleted by the autonomic system — Write…
    13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Why does the "Show Full Video" button under a Twitch clip disappear so quickly? I'm watching a clip from less than 24 hrs ago and it doesn't link to the VOD anymore, even while the VOD is still published.

For editors, the ability to jump to the VOD to the timestamp of the clip is an absolute gamechanger to save time. Especially with Twitch limiting clips to 60 secs, very often we actually need to cut a longer clip of the VOD.

Between that and the fact that older clips only show a relative date, "A year ago" for ex.,…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Right now, when you click the username of the person who created a clip in the "clips of your channel" overview, it links to that person's own clips page on their channel. These users often aren't streamers, and either way it's not particularly relevant to go to clips of another channel when reviewing your own channel's clips. Instead, I propose that clicking the user name should bring up the user card for that person, so you can confirm if they are following you or their previous chat history, which is much more relevant information if you need to check if…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like to be able to create a clip by passing to a Twitch API the video_id, offset in seconds, duration in seconds, and name of the clip to create.

This should be secured so that only channel owners can, with an OAuth token, create clips on their channel

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Creators need to be able to edit clips like we can VODS. Some folks make a clip but don't realize they can capture just a moment and we end up with clips that are too long.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sick idea for you Twitch. Could we get a "90 Day" selection when looking at clips. I would love to be able to see recent clips from the past few months instead of having to scroll through "All" of my clips from years back to find recent ones.

This would help creators find their recent content to use other places like in Discord, Twitter, or even making a video for a recruitment challenge a big team is having. Just a thought and I think a lot of creators including myself would love having this option to help them.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I think a full overhaul of the twitch clip system needs to happen. I should be able to skip to a certain page of my hundreds of clips instead of waiting an eternity to scroll down and have them load in. I also should be able to view all my clips on iOS and android, but desktop should be a priority. Channel editors should also be allowed to remove clips from a broadcasters channel, as it is a crucial moderation tool we lac. Currently the clip manager and system is slow, archaic, and inefficient.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. So instead of showing clips to the user that captured it why not list all the clips of a particular stream under its VOD. List them in terms of their popularity and chronologically. So people can skip duplicates.

Maybe even add markers on the VOD player to depict where a lot of popular clips were captured. Kinda like the comment markers of soundcloud's player.

Also having an API to get the list of all the clips of a a particular VOD with its view numbers, offset relative to the VOD etc. would be great.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Now that the featured clips have gone live people are now going to random streams and spamming clips in random moments in vods. I was hoping that maybe there'd be a way to delete all clips from certain users on your channel. Like an option by their name when you click on the clip that says "delete all clips from this user." It would make things a lot easier than having to go through and select them all.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Opción de OCULTAR/PUBLICAR. El streamer debería poder decidir si un clip es publico o si lo quiere ocultar. Hay clips que uno no quiere que los demás lo vean pero no lo quiere borrar, esta opción ya existe pero sólo para los VODS Y DESTACADOS, seria genial que estuviera en los clips.

Imagen de ejemplo: https://prnt.sc/YPKx1D-qEjvd

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?