Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

180 results found

1. When I have a 720p stream open on my 1080p monitor, the Display Resolution is 1530x777. This slight bit of scaling can cause a noticeable amount of blur on the stream, most noticeable with small text on the stream.

I am requesting an option where the display resolution would match the stream quality, and just center the actual player in the available player area. If one resizes the browser window smaller then the edges of the display resolution, the edges of the stream would just get pushed under the UI and go offscreen. Plus, I would hope that not dynamically…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. If your channel is set to "mature", then all your VODs and Clips are also marked as requiring a "mature" confirmation to view.
    However, a clip from a "mature" stream may, independently, lack any mature content. And it could be that an otherwise family-friendly stream had a somewhat mature moment that was clipped, and rather than removing it to keep the "not-mature" rating on the channel, being able to mark the independent clip as mature would be much more functional.
    Additionally, a streamer may have a "daytime" and "night-time" stream schedule, in which case one stream and its associated VOD…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Streams should be able to encode audio into separate audio channels, so that users can independently mix/select audio for each channel. For example, one channel could be music, another could be the streamer's voice, and another for the game/application's audio. In this example, if you were already playing music that you wanted to listen to, you could disable the streamer's music. Or, if you have trouble hearing the streamer's voice, you could turn that up. Or, if you don't want to hear the streamer or music, you could mute them and just listen to the game. I think it would…

984 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Can a feature be added to our videos - clips, highlights, past broadcasts - displaying whether or not we have downloaded that video? This would make it very easy to tell whether a video hasn't been downloaded yet and would be useful for anyone using clips or video to post elsewhere.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Ana responded

Love this concept. I have merged in another idea that was specifically asking for visible markers for exported VODs, but I think overall your idea encompasses this. Just letting everyone know.

5. I would like to request the ability to pause a video using the space bar, without having to click the video to make the window active. I multitask while watching a VOD. For example, I may be scrolling through the chat window, looking at the streamer's list of videos, or switching to other tabs while listening to the video. On YouTube, I am able to pause the video simply by hitting the space bar, no matter where my focus is on the page. However, on Twitch, I am only able to pause the video if I first actively click the…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Streams are at various audio levels. Especially during raids, we have all had the experience of being jarred by jumping into a super loud channel after being in a quieter one.

In the dreamy streamy future, it would be wonderful to (optionally?) crossfade from stream to stream, but that would be super difficult.

But having the volume start at 0 and fade up gradually to the intended level would be great. (Both on the app and in the browser.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please, put the bar to increase and decrease the volume using the mouse scroll without having to click.
    This avoids the need to click and drag to adjust the volume.
    On youtube it works like this and makes it very easy when you need to change the volume.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. If streamer has the option to publish VODs, we need to be able to play VODs which are currently in progress without stopping at the end of the progress bar.

This will help viewers and moderators watch a cleaner near real-time stream of the VOD, using the streamer selected VOD Track layers in OBS.

This can be adjusted by the streamer so the VOD contains only the game audio and not the streamer yelling their lungs out, Text-To-Speech, music, or alerts..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Auto-generated subtitles for every stream a-la Youtube auto-generated ones

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. By providing a L/R audio balance option, a single computer can play 2 streams at the same time by simply separating the speakers. Putting the slider in the player's advanced menu would keep it out of the way until its needed.
    As stream viewing becomes more popular, its just a matter of time before 2 streams want to be watched by viewers but only 1 audio card is available.
    Also, if it doesn't require extra processing, adding a mono option could help the auditory handicapped.
    Cheers!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Stream snip3r no sniping! Stream snip3r no sniping!

Idea: If there were an easy option to add a video delay easily during any part of the broadcast, it would prevent stream snipers from ruining the fun for everyone.

In the Gaming Category especially it would be awesome if Creators had a way to easily add a +5 second delay.

Reason: Whenever the streamer is being stream sniped it ruins the fun for the viewers. It also makes the streamer understandably frustrated and want to quit live streaming their favorite game.

Creators might only want to game later in the broadcast…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hi, I have a great idea, which I miss a lot on twitch, and we had a playlist where you can save streams where something funny happened and can find out the stream and see what else happened, maybe clips too, but that would be a great idea and when the VOD is deactivated, the streams are hidden in the playlist and you can no longer click on them

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Button toggle option that moves chat to the bottom of the window, or to the side.

When I split screen apps I have to change the size of the window to force the chat to the right and i can actually read chat history rather than when chat is below and you can only see like 5 lines of it. Just let me choose where the chat goes regardless of the size of the window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. So that you can get back from the delay smoothly without losing what is being said or shown on the stream or watching with a 20s delay just so you don't miss what the streamer is saying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Create new editting tool that can edit stream timelien and have highlights in it. With this tool streamer can create highlights to streamed past video giving tittles of talked topics of one larger duration of video and smaller pinpoints when changing topic or larger area similiar to youtubes Timeline. This tool can be accessed by streamer and streamer can give rights to edit/highlight timeline to other users - some users have video editors but also great for smaller streamers. Effectively perfect for anyone wanting to quickly see highlights of past stream. This could create new kind of vod watching habits…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I believe tournament broadcasting could be largely improved with a separate pop-up video source.

For Example:
    -CS:GO Major stream, with a caster cam that can be moved around the video screen and placed where fit by the viewer, with the ability to make it larger or smaller.
    -This could also benefit streamers with face-cam.
    -Fan cams could be an optional features.

I think this would be a great exclusive not seen anywhere else, and would promote increased E-Sport production quality.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. This would make a viewer's experience like myself a lot easier, please consider this, I am a long time user, thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. And maybe find and Re-uploaded Justintv
    Vods like especially captainSparklez
    Probably pdts as well

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I'd love an option in Advanced Video Settings to disable resizing of the video player, so it stays at the resolution I selected and can instead resize the window around it (or adjust the width of chat). The image clarity when viewing at the set resolution (even more if it's the source resolution) is a lot better than whatever random size fits in the space the player has with the browser full screen or however big it is when it's not full screen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I hate using Twitch because EVERY TIME I load the page, a video starts playing somewhere in the background, muted. I don't know if you're aware, but many users don't have unlimited internet bandwidth, so having a video start playing when I can't even hear it is just wasting my data. PLEASE stop doing this. I would love it if there was an option to disable autoplay entirely, but if that's not in the cards, then at least stop muting the audio! If I go to watch a VOD, I want it HEAR it in addition to seeing it. Forcing…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?